Zombies and Golems should remain with relog

"
Pegoth wrote:

If you can't bring a valid reason against this request (balance wise) then just ignore it.

its not a question of balance, its a question of resource allocation

"
Emphasy wrote:

Well the thing is, the code is already there, extending it to zombies wouldn't be too much trouble. And balance and stuff has nothing to do with such a discussion, it is a reasonable suggestion and that is basically all that matters.

i dont think it is just a question of if the code exists or not.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Pegoth wrote:

If you can't bring a valid reason against this request (balance wise) then just ignore it.

its not a question of balance, its a question of resource allocation

You can say that about literally every suggestion made in the feedback forum.

This isn't a good place to discuss what is and isn't easy for GGG to do, for only they can make that judgment.

What CAN (and should) be discussed is whether a change will be good or bad for the game per se. I'm pretty sure that is was Pergoth is driving at with the word "valid," and I agree 100%.
Wash your hands, Exile!

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

And how many of the thousands of suggestions do the devs actually move on? less than 1% and even then usually never in the exact way suggested either.

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

What CAN (and should) be discussed is whether a change will be good or bad for the game per se. I'm pretty sure that is was Pergoth is driving at with the word "valid," and I agree 100%.

then there is nothing to say. since as i said the only reason its not in is because of resources.

its a Qol request. there is no real balance to discuss here.
+1. It's a nice QoL change. And one thing that the devs consistently ignore in this game is QoL. What about you take your time to polish your game instead of rushing content and adding broken items? I am sure that'd be appreciated. Thanks.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

And how many of the thousands of suggestions do the devs actually move on? less than 1% and even then usually never in the exact way suggested either.

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

then there is nothing to say. since as i said the only reason its not in is because of resources.

its a Qol request. there is no real balance to discuss here.

Nor is it a question of resource allocation. There is no reason to even bring that up in a feedback forum, which is really what the OP was driving at.

But I already said both of these things.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I'm not sure why this topic even got any discussion.

Its a good suggestion period. It isn't super annoying to resummon zombies and golems on login, but considering how easy it is now to get high level spectres, you could almost argue that for them too, but this is completely seperate.

I assume the big reason why we have permanent spectres, but not permanent zombies and golems is a bit of tunnel vision, since the major complaint always was non-permanent spectres and now that they persist, they might have already realized that they could have done it for minions in general.

And while it is not something super important they do minor QoL changes all the time. Maybe if they ship the next package of those they could add that in, I can't see it as much harder to make the other minions persistant through logout as it is with spectres.
They are actually more annoying to deal with than recasting your auras, and that is a QoL change that has been applied.

So auras persist, and spectres persist.

For consistency's sake alone (this is about polishing the game, really) it is a good idea.

QoL is just a bonus.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I honestly just chalk that up to being a summoner to be honest... I mean I played a Necro in Diablo2 who had like 34 skeletons and skeleton mages each lol. And before anyone says it, no I am not suggesting we don't graduate from certain gameplay practices of older games.

The spectre thing was huge because of the level of corpses and such mattering, so if you wanted the highest spectres you needed to go to tier 16 maps each logout. But it doesn't matter where you summon a zombie, it's a zombie. I have 3 spectres, 11 zombies, 4 golems, and animate guardian so it's no small army to summon each time.

my 2 cents.
Last edited by DevilJade on Mar 23, 2018, 12:12:14 PM
I'm not massively bothered having to re-summon zombies and golems each time, but eh, we already have persistent auras and spectres, so why not apply the same thing to the zommies?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info