[3.1] [Budget-Friendly] Arcane's Name of The Fire - Molten Strike Slayer [Shaper Down!]

Multiple users of this build already confirmed that they have been able to kill Shaper.

Spoiler
"
frasdockan wrote:
Red t15 Elder and hydra went down fast as well. Will do shaper for the first time ever today.

Shaper down! Melted during the dps phases. Died three times to his guardians because of supid mistakes on my part. Very easy kill considering it was my first attempt ever.

Gear used to kill him:

Hello boys and girls!

Before the Abyss league, I wanted to find a build that would be a fun starter, good endgame and would make monsters melt and explode. I instantly came up with an idea of Molten Strike + Ngamahu's combo build, but since the Vaal Pact was nerfed, I wasn't sure about it, now I am, because, ladies and gentlemen, I think that the change to the Vaal Pact actually helped us and with the new gem "Ancestral Call", we are able to clear maps super fast.

Here we go, keep up with me guys:

PROS:
"
  • Fun to play.
  • Easy to gear and level.
  • Decent clear speed and boss killer.
  • Makes lava from your enemies.

CONS:
"

• Relies on leech.
  • May be a bit clunky at the start
  • Probably won't be able to survive Boss one-shots

So, broken down, our build will utilize:

"
  • Ngamahu's Flame Abyssal Axe - Basically gives us 7-link - (Must have and Recommended) OR decent rare axe with: ~Attack speed, ~Flat phys. damage, ~% Phys. damage, ~High flat fire dmg roll.
  • 2 rings with some of these: ~Flat phys. damage, ~Flat fire damage, ~ Inc. elemental damage with wep., ~Inc. fire damage, ~Flat life, Accuracy, Resistances
  • Xoph's Blood amulet(END GAME) OR temporary good rare amulet with some of these: ~Flat phys. damage, ~Flat fire damage, ~ Inc. elemental damage with wep., ~Inc. fire damage, ~Flat life, Accuracy, Resistances
  • Hrimnor's Resolve Samite Helmet
  • Belly of the Beast, Full Wyrmscale
  • Rare boots with: ~Resistances, ~Flat life, ~Movement speed, Armour
  • Rare gloves with: ~Resistances, ~Flat life, ~Armour, ~Flat fire damage
  • Rare Stygian Vise belt (+ Abyss Jewel) with: ~Resistances, ~Flat life, ~ Inc. elemental damage with wep.
  • Murdereous Eye Jewels: Double flat fire damage roll (Flat fire damage to Axe attacks, Flat fire damage), Flat phys. damage, Attack speed - Gotta make those Abyss jewels expensive.
  • 2x Wildfire Jewel
  • The Wise Oak, Bismuth Flask
  • Dying Sun, Ruby Flask

Alternative Gear

Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet
"

Great amulet until you get Xoph's Blood, gives us damage while leeching (which is all the time), faster leech. Attributes and Resists... wow.

Carcass Jack Varnished Coat
"

AoE damage for Molten Strike and Molten Burst, life and resists... but no armour though.

Devoto's Devotion
"

Movement Speed, Attack Speed. Great if you want to run Uber Labs with this build (I will post Uber Lab viable version of the build later)

The Red Dream Crimson Jewel
"

Gives you some block chance, endurance charges and Fire to Chaos convert - Very expensive

The links to items are taken from Kira's post since I don't own these items.

Some explenations:

We are aiming for Avatar of Fire in the end-game, which gives us 50% convert of all phys damage to fire damage and zeroes every other damage we do, that's why we want Ngamahu's axe, which converts the rest of our damage to fire.

Dying Sun Flask
Gives us more Molten Strike and Molten Burst Projectiles, therefore more DMG.

The Wise Oak Flask
Gives us Fire penetration in case that Uncapped Fire Resistance is the highest of all our uncapped resistances, that's why we need as much Fire Resistance as we can get.

Jewels
We can use both type of Jewels, Abyss and normal ones. Great Normal ones will be much more expensive though.

My Gear in current league (Last updated on 12th December)

Gems Setup and Links:

Armour (6L): Molten Strike - Multistrike or Added Fire Damage - EDWA - Ele. Focus - Conc. Effect - Fire Penetration

Armour (5L): Molten Strike - Multistrike or Added Fire Damage - EDWA - Ele. Focus - Fire Penetration

We want to change Fire Penetration for Ancestral Call when we map and go back to Fire Penetration for Bosses.

Main-Hand (Ngamahu's, no links required): Fire Penetration ; Physical Projectile Attack Damage ; EDWA ; Ele. Focus ; Conc. Effect ; Added Fire Damage

CWDT Setup: CWDT - Blood Rage - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Curse-on-Hit Setup: Leap Slam - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Faster Attacks

Herald of Ash + Anger anywhere in your sockets.

Don't forget to use Ancestral Protector too.

Leveling

You want to start leveling with Cleave until you are level 18-28, than you switch to Molten Strike and use some basic support gems - Added Fire Damage, Melee Phys. Damage, EDWA. (Don't use Ele. Focus and Controlled Destruction yet!)
Once you get a hold of 5 link, you add Fire Penetration/Ancestral Call, depending on your need.
Once you get Ngamahu's, you can start using Ele. Focus and Controlled Destruction.

You can find some useful leveling uniques on PoE wiki.

Videos:
"

Passive Tree:
"
29 points
68 points
117 points

Path of Building:
https://pastebin.com/kKrvAvDa

Ascendancies: Go for Endless Hunger(1.), Brutal Fervour(2.), Bane of Legends(3.) and Headsman(4.)

Big Thanks for Build Enhancing goes to: Krovah

Krovah's post
"
Krovah wrote:
Alright guys, so I've done a lot of work with this build to try and flesh it out a bit more for the end game.

Basically, this is what I'm currently running.

The Devoto's Devotion is mostly just an experiment at the moment, I'll be comparing it with a "3 Additional Molten Strike Projectiles" Hrimnor's Resolve when I acquire one. One thing I'd highly recommend is taking a strong look at your gem links.

My current six-link set up is Molten Strike - Multistrike - Ancestral Call (Swapped with Fire Pen for bosses) - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect. Added Fire over Multistrike is a pure downgrade in my opinion. Multistrike adds a huge quality of life boon to the build and in my personal opinion creates a smoother play style.

I'd also heavily advice against using Added Fire in your Nga axe and consider using Greater Multiple Projectiles. If you take a look around at other builds using this weapon, it's easily the most popular and is generally considered "mandatory" for damage and utility.

Also, since your Flammability - Herald of Ash set up won't work (Herald of Ash is does not count as a hit so Curse on Hit will not apply the curse), I've switched over to a Cast When Damage Taken - Flammability setup and included Vaal Haste for major boss DPS.

So far I've cleared up to T15 maps and it's been destroying everything in my path. Before I made these changes though I was struggling to get my foot in the atlas. I've been playing with Nga for a few leagues now, so I like to think I have a good amount of experience and knowledge on the play style.

Last edited by Arcane225 on Jan 8, 2018, 2:02:48 PM
Last bumped on Jul 9, 2018, 8:32:47 AM
Bandits? :)
looks promising
"
Dahakar21 wrote:
Bandits? :)

You take 2 passive points or Oak. But the 2 passive points are much more better deal. :)
I think Molten Strike has built-in 60% convert to fire damage. Do you really need to get Ngamahu's 50% and Avatar of Fire?
"
rootbef wrote:
I think Molten Strike has built-in 60% convert to fire damage. Do you really need to get Ngamahu's 50% and Avatar of Fire?

Once we get the axe, we basically get full convert on molten strike, but we also want a full convert with Molten Burst Projectiles, since they also do great damage, that's why we take Avatar of Fire node and later in game, we change it for Xoph's.
I will post a video of 72lvl char on tier 8 maps tomorrow, the build does just fine and with 5l Molten strike together with 5l Ngamahu's, it's tearing everything apart. So far so good. Transitioning to Ngamahu's gives us around double the damage. I swear.
The physical damage life leech cluster at the bottom of your tree isn't doing anything because you aren't doing any phys damage. Can change pathing in your tree to gain 5-6 more points to place elsewhere. Otherwise it looks good, I'm running something very similar myself.
Last edited by Kimbroslice on Dec 11, 2017, 6:18:01 PM
"
Kimbroslice wrote:
The physical damage life leech cluster at the bottom of your tree isn't doing anything because you aren't doing any phys damage. Can change pathing in your tree to gain 5-6 more points to place elsewhere. Otherwise it looks good, I'm running something very similar myself.

I believe it gives us a maximum life leech rate, which boosts our life leech on hit by 6? Not sure now, I am currently travelling to school. You may change it for something else basically and you shouldn't lose much. I myself added it just before I started writing the build, since it gives us a bit more leech and therefore survivability, you can change it for some life nodes that will basically do the same and maybe even better... we still get 20% more dmg while leeching and some other bonuses... I wasn't taking the cluster because of the phys. Leech.
It also gives us a good boost until we get our Ngamahu's and avatar of fire later.
Cheers 🙂
Last edited by Arcane225 on Dec 12, 2017, 2:05:35 AM
Hey man, I'll add this guide to the list, but please consider an other color scheme. I had a really hard time reading it.

The yellow is fine, but the dark red is a no go ;( (In fact I needed to play with the saturation of my screen to be able to read it. Yes I have bad eyes.)

Nice to read colors would be:
"

Example
Example
Example (please don't)
Example

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type