[3.1] [Budget-Friendly] Arcane's Name of The Fire - Molten Strike Slayer [Shaper Down!]

I've got writhing jar and wise oak, saving up for DS atm. thinking about lions roar for bossing if it actually gives an increase, the knockback is a pain in the ass while mapping.
"
frasdockan wrote:
Which flasks are best for this build, except for dying sun ofc. Having a hard time figuring out which flasks to use. Is atziris promise worth it? and is lion's roar even worth using since we deal no phys damage?

Damage in Path of Exile is additive, that means that if we convert all physical dmg to fire, both, physical dmg increase and fire dmg increase will in the end increase our damage. It gives us basically double, if not triple of our dmg in some cases.

Yes, you can use Lion's roar, since it will increase the dmg, not sure about the knockback though, I wouldn't play with it tbh.
I'm killing Minotaur in about 6-8 seconds now, so there's nothing wrong with the dps. What i'm thinking about however is the defense. What about ditching the damage sockets in the axe for some defensive ones instead, since the molten burst barely does anything to the overall dps. A blasphemy-enfeeble-enlighten setup would do a lot while mapping to pretty much make you unable to die. Toss in cwdt-ic as well and I think i'd be able to facetank anything in the game while losing minimal damage. Keep in mind i still don't have xophs or dying sun, so my dps can only increase as well.
"
frasdockan wrote:
I'm killing Minotaur in about 6-8 seconds now, so there's nothing wrong with the dps. What i'm thinking about however is the defense. What about ditching the damage sockets in the axe for some defensive ones instead, since the molten burst barely does anything to the overall dps. A blasphemy-enfeeble-enlighten setup would do a lot while mapping to pretty much make you unable to die. Toss in cwdt-ic as well and I think i'd be able to facetank anything in the game while losing minimal damage. Keep in mind i still don't have xophs or dying sun, so my dps can only increase as well.

You are free to do whatever you want, could work. Please do post with your version once you test it.
"
I've got writhing jar and wise oak, saving up for DS atm. thinking about lions roar for bossing if it actually gives an increase, the knockback is a pain in the ass while mapping.

Don't use Lion's roar.
It adds more melee physical damage. Only the initial hit has the melee tag, the molten balls, which are most of our damage, don't have the melee tag.
This means that Lion's Roar almost does nothing for your damage.
The molten balls have projectile and AoE tag, just for your info. So added projectile and AoE damage does do alot for our damage.
Is Xoph's Blood realy worth the 6ex investment on this build? We can get Avatar of Fire for 1 point and invest the currency in other gear like rings and a good amulet.

Is there any other point of getting the Xoph's Blood?
"
Krazy_X wrote:
Is Xoph's Blood realy worth the 6ex investment on this build? We can get Avatar of Fire for 1 point and invest the currency in other gear like rings and a good amulet.

Fire pen., life, strength. You can of course buy a Mirror base amulet for 30ex if you feel like it.

Its the best amulet you can probably get and has the best dmg output if you don't count amulets worth 15ex+
Red t15 Elder and hydra went down fast as well. Will do shaper for the first time ever today.

Shaper down! Melted during the dps phases. Died three times to his guardians because of supid mistakes on my part. Very easy kill considering it was my first attempt ever.

Gear used to kill him:

Last edited by frasdockan on Jan 7, 2018, 3:59:12 PM
"
Arcane225 wrote:
"
Krazy_X wrote:

Fire pen., life, strength. You can of course buy a Mirror base amulet for 30ex if you feel like it.

Its the best amulet you can probably get and has the best dmg output if you don't count amulets worth 15ex+

It's a great amulet, but you can get up to 10% elemental penetration on amulets as a Shaper mod. You can get an amulet with 10% penetration + life + res for way under 6ex.
"
Krazy_X wrote:
"
Arcane225 wrote:
"
Krazy_X wrote:

It's a great amulet, but you can get up to 10% elemental penetration on amulets as a Shaper mod. You can get an amulet with 10% penetration + life + res for way under 6ex.

Yes, you can probably get better Shaper/Elder amulets. The extra fire dmg Elder mod isn't bad either and could be even better. Can't try, I am not currently playing for a while now.

"
frasdockan wrote:
Red t15 Elder and hydra went down fast as well. Will do shaper for the first time ever today.

Shaper down! Melted during the dps phases. Died three times to his guardians because of supid mistakes on my part. Very easy kill considering it was my first attempt ever.

Gear used to kill him:

Will update the thread with this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info