The Fire and Ice Mystery Box

For a second there I had MTG flashback :D Gl with boxes guys, gamble away!
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Wow. Nice ice.
I am quite frequently not so miserable as it would be wise to be - T.H. White

As playtime approaches infinity, access to content approaches unity.
- Azraeil (2014)
I for one approve of your transparency with respect to the odds of getting a particular item rarity from these boxes. Am I correct, though, in assuming that all the items in a tier are equally likely to drop? Example: there are 14 possible rare items, so each of them has equal odds of being the return from a 'rare' roll. If this is indeed the case, it can only be to your benefit to make this clear as well. After all, most everyone else who implements mystery boxes in their games seems to think they have no obligation to disclose such things, or to keep gameplay-altering elements out of them. Feel free to shame them.

That said, there are a couple of things I would suggest about the items themselves.

*I am pleased to see complementary shield skins. However, this just points out the many existing sets which should have them. Which brings me to...
*would it be possible to go back and add matching shield skins to various sets (especially supporter pack sets) as appropriate?
*to remove the possibility of getting multiples of certain items (i.e. armor skins)... it should be possible for the box to 'know', metaphorically speaking, what's in the player's MTX inventory and transparently treat any result which would give a duplicate of such items as 'roll again'.
*a similar logic could be applied to the package sets. Imagine, if you will, that you got the ice boots and shield from boxes, and after the league ends opt to buy the rest as a package... instead of paying for five items (albeit at a discount), you would instead be buying the items you don't have at the same discount.
*if there are armor packages, why not effect packages? For instance, an Ice Effect Package would contain these effects: character, weapon, footprints.
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Didn't check the whole thread to see if it was mentioned, but if you get corresponding fire and ice items (e.g. gloves), you can combine them to wear one of each. Didn't get other armor skins, so I can not say how many of those can get the same treatment.
Love the fact that u can combine some into one, love these new boxes, wish the actual box itself could be an MTX for your stash and guild stash
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Hmm most just look like re-skins of older mtx
I'm still bitter about wasting 4800 pts on the last boxes. I didn't know at the time when buying them they would become just normal mtx's (my own fault). It's just a little off to me that I spent almost 500 bucks and still not get what you wanted from the boxes. Glad I have like 11 helms though, 0/10 GGG. Please stop with the boxes.
Ice golem MTX looks nice!
nice mtxs!
I'll open a few and buy the rest after they're in shop.
I think the ice set looks so much better than the arctic armor set. The fire set looks similarly good as the inferno set.
"
Romulas19 wrote:
wish the actual box itself could be an MTX for your stash and guild stash

That is a capital idea, sir. I would see that and add the following:

*crafting station modelss;
*hideout tilesets;
*waypoint models

With respect to hideout tilesets, I would further suggest that there be a way to toggle Zana's between Solaris and Lunaris colorations (which would also require, I suspect, additional variations to some of the decorative items she has on offer). Additionally, other masters could make additional tilesets available as options as you garner favor - for example, at level 5 Elreon might make the Reliquary tileset available; Catarina could add the Ossuary; and so on.
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info