[3.1] Max block molten strike gladiator, League starter, All content viable

fatherhudson, I don't think Spectral throw is good for non-crit builds, Mathil opted to use frost blades/static strike for his Raider for clear. You can use sudo 5-link for frost blades clear, BUT I really think MS with 7+ projectiles with Inc Area and Ancestral call is more than enough witch gem swapping for bosses

Oprayx, rush 2 jewels, then go to ranger area, for lab rush magic block first

Levitations482, GL
is it actually worth swapping out ancestor call for bosses? it seems you can target your swings right next to the boss to summon ancestor so you get balls from your "missed" attack and your ancestor.

might be worth looking into if learning to perfect that might actually make it very viable even for single target
Trying out this build, lots of fun leveling anyways! :)

"
knutzi wrote:
is it actually worth swapping out ancestor call for bosses? it seems you can target your swings right next to the boss to summon ancestor so you get balls from your "missed" attack and your ancestor.

might be worth looking into if learning to perfect that might actually make it very viable even for single target

I'm pretty sure ancestral call will only hit one creature if there aren't any others.

Just playin this build. 56 lvl now. Cool.

Why down jewel socet works with Wildfire? 30 str only around. 2 proj added I know, but how?
Last edited by CatInside on Dec 9, 2017, 8:51:23 AM
"
CatInside wrote:
Just playin this build. 56 lvl now. Cool.

Why down jewel socet works with Wildfire? 30 str only around. 2 proj added I know, but how?

Apparently you dont need to actually have the str slotted to gain the effects!
Last edited by Limerence on Dec 9, 2017, 11:12:46 AM
Correct as long as it is in the area it works. You dont have to actually have the nodes with points in them. Probably one of the most common questions i see on these forums.... they need to make the description a bit better for people.
I'm kind of new. Will there be any issue with mana or will the mana leech take care of it?
So I've started this build as my league starter and it cleared all content fairly well, but upon doing merciless lab, I'm finding trouble sustaining. I attempted Argus with everything I had and he just deleted me. Even bought a basalt flask and I just wasn't sustaining through anything. I got hit by his first attack then blocked the next 3 and got hit by the 4th and still didn't leech back what I first got hit by. I'm running a stone golem & am currently using a Jack, the axe as a weapon. Now, I do know Argus isn't something just anyone can faceroll and he does hit hard, but this makes me worry how viable this build will be for later content such as atziri and shaper. How to get good life leech with this build?
I've been working on a similar build to this for my league starter, although I was late off the gate and just got going. I'm looking at running a dual wield version instead of the shield one, though, although that's a fairly easy change.

As for sustain issues, life gain on hit seems like it should be ridiculously strong for this build with the number of meatballs you're throwing out. Claw nodes aren't easily accessible which is unfortunate but you can focus on more generic/elemental nodes instead. Throw something like Advancing Fortress in the offhand and you've got strong block chance and every other hit should give you a ton of instant health recovered.
"
knutzi wrote:

Interesting. I run some numbers and it could be utilized for some additional MORE damage multiplier if used properly. Its (1 - 0.16) * 2 = 1.68 multiplier, BUT it's less then that because initial melee hit doesn't hit the target (1 melee hit + x2 projectiles). It's closer to 1.5 MORE and number goes up as you gain more projectiles. Need more testing to figure out if its consistent and useful.

"
I've been working on a similar build to this for my league starter, although I was late off the gate and just got going. I'm looking at running a dual wield version instead of the shield one, though, although that's a fairly easy change.

Not a good idea. Unlike sunder, molten strike uses any weapon, so you cannot use your offhand as "stat stick". You'll end up with 45% block/spellblock, and for those numbers it's better to go Raider or Scion for dodge/spell dodge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info