[3.8] SonicSunder, 3M+ DPS, SSF, HC, BEGINNER LEAGUE STARTER, UBER LAB/ELDER, SHAPER, FAST

guys this build can do uber lab underleveled with no brass dome it has insane attack speed on leap slam if you get hit by anything youre playing like crap
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
[nm]
Last edited by _Cupcake_ on Jan 4, 2018, 8:38:45 PM
@ OP,

Any advice for effectively farming chimera? I'd say my character is quite well geared at this point but I still can't manage to kill any of the guardians (when corrupted) -- shaper would very likely destroy me, too. I had planned on taking this build into the mid 90s, but after losing 50% exp on Chimera tonight I'm feeling pretty discouraged.

Maybe there's a glaring weakness in my gear/jewels that I'm missing.

My character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Martingale7/characters

5.6k life, capped res', 10k armor

Last edited by Martingale7 on Jan 4, 2018, 11:01:17 PM
UPDATE

Added atlas information and changed the shaped maps for profit information, atm shaped channels are selling for 5-6c each.

Additional information
Atlas
To sustain your map pool while selling shaped maps, you can try running chimeras for profit, or oba's for EXP+profit)

- Clear all tier 8 and under, nothing else, except:
- T9: Vault
- T10: Shaped Channel (atm selling for 5-6c each)
- T11: Shaped Fields (atm selling for 5c each)
- T12: Shaped Dunes (atm selling for 4-6c each)
- T13: Shaped Courtyard (drops emperor's luck, run them)
- T14: Shaped Plateau (or shaped vaults if you'd like to sell shaped vaults and unlock all t9)
- t15: Shaped Siege
- T16: Only Chimera (EZ currency)
Could also buy cheap T11-12 maps for like 2 alch each and not doing the boss (EG castle ruins 2alch each, and ignoring the boss room so that you don't unlock the map.

===========================================================================
"
rhenk10 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, first of all, thanks for this pretty awesome build. I'm new to PoE (playing since 3.0), but I've tried different builds and this is by far one of the most enjoying ones (if not the most). I'm playing in standard, and at this moment I've have one big problem. I'm running maps until tier12 more or less. In general, my survival is pretty good. I kill mobs so fast that it's almost impossible that the even hit me once. The problem is that when I got hit, even a white trash mob, I almost die. I leech life very fast, but sometimes is not fast enough. I've tried uber lab and Izaro one shots me to detah every time. I don't have currency for the 6L brass dome and I'm using the tabula rasa. Could this be the problem? Also, my HP is low (about 3.5K) and I'm level 76 only. But when I've played with other characters and builds, I never got this sensation of being so fragile to be killed almost with every hit.

I'm following the build as it's told in the first post, but maybe I'm doing something wrong... Can someone give some advice? Thanks in advance.

Gear recommendations:
Spoiler
-Should be able to get to lvl 90 with just t11 maps or very good t10 maps.
- Should have around 5k HP with tabula/brass dome at lvl 90.
- 4.5k HP with 5L brass dome to facetank izaro with recommended flasks (replace ToH with writhing jar if you're poor)
- Chuck a few divines on your bisco's or sell this one and buy a new one to get 85+ quant
- Get a better offhand, use tempestuous steel if you are poor
- Replace sulphur with writhing jar
- Insanity gloves
- More life on gear

- More flat phys on rings
"
oldmunchi wrote:
Spoiler
"
Xcise wrote:
UPDATE

Updated for atlas profit & efficiency in 3.1. It's a little complicated, but I think that is the most profitable way to approach 3.1 mapping.

where is this? i opened all the subheadings and dont see anything like this. are you talking about what maps to shape? pretty dumb if so
Under additional information -> Atlas
"
HeideTV wrote:
Are the two handed damage from ascendancy unused?
Yes. We get mainly the 20% more damage, 20% culling and overleech from slayer, bleed/stun immune (can use darkray's with a heat flask if you want more clear speed) from slayer.
"
billski82 wrote:
Spoiler
"
rhenk10 wrote:
Hi, first of all, thanks for this pretty awesome build. I'm new to PoE (playing since 3.0), but I've tried different builds and this is by far one of the most enjoying ones (if not the most). I'm playing in standard, and at this moment I've have one big problem. I'm running maps until tier12 more or less. In general, my survival is pretty good. I kill mobs so fast that it's almost impossible that the even hit me once. The problem is that when I got hit, even a white trash mob, I almost die. I leech life very fast, but sometimes is not fast enough. I've tried uber lab and Izaro one shots me to detah every time. I don't have currency for the 6L brass dome and I'm using the tabula rasa. Could this be the problem? Also, my HP is low (about 3.5K) and I'm level 76 only. But when I've played with other characters and builds, I never got this sensation of being so fragile to be killed almost with every hit.

I'm following the build as it's told in the first post, but maybe I'm doing something wrong... Can someone give some advice? Thanks in advance.

I am in the exact same position as you. Doing T10-12 fairly easy, but dying on bosses in 1 hit. Usually I can maneuver around attacks and win, but get harder in higher tiers.
The only difference is I'm using:
(from another char) over Tabula.

I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth buying a cheaper 5L Brass Dome.

I made my profile public, if OP has any recommendations, it would be appreciated.

I also found this, and wondering if I should sell or use (seems to be worth quite a bit):

Thanks in advance!

That stygian belt is definitely better than a deceiver already when accompanied with a good abyss jewel.

Seems like another poster answered the rest of your problems. Have fun, and don't forget to go fast!
"
oldmunchi wrote:
guys this build can do uber lab underleveled with no brass dome it has insane attack speed on leap slam if you get hit by anything youre playing like crap
While this advice can come off as a little savage, I agree. :) I did my uberlab solo with a tabula (obviously not facetanking, had to dodge most of the big hits)
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Spoiler
@ OP,

Any advice for effectively farming chimera? I'd say my character is quite well geared at this point but I still can't manage to kill any of the guardians (when corrupted) -- shaper would very likely destroy me, too. I had planned on taking this build into the mid 90s, but after losing 50% exp on Chimera tonight I'm feeling pretty discouraged.

Maybe there's a glaring weakness in my gear/jewels that I'm missing.

My character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Martingale7/characters

5.6k life, capped res', 10k armor
- I'm facetanking ez chimera mods with a tabula. With a brass dome, it should be walk in the park. Replace eternals with a seething curing divine flask, and you should be able to tank every single one of his hits, even the channelling one.
- You shouldn't be trying to level on chimera, get to 0% exp then farm chimera.
- You haven't mentioned profits, so I'm guessing it was profitable and you was still able to kill Chimera. Farm some red maps or oba's for EXP.
- To be honest, I was doing hard maps even on a tabula, so with a brass dome I should be able to do chimera deathless for 10+ maps in a row, at 3% per map at lvl 94. So far I've sunk 2k fuses into my brass dome and trying to level to 95 with oba's, so we'll see.

EDIT: Minor update: I'm no longer buying oba's since they take way too long to buy in bulk. I just bought like 20 shaped fields for 2c each, and 20 shaped shores for 4c each. Time to make some money selling my shaped vaults and getting to lvl 95. (and vendoring three shaped armouries until shaped vaults)
Last edited by Xcise on Jan 5, 2018, 2:56:35 AM
My latest upgrades (6l Brass dome - 620c and claw - 80c)

Doing Ulab with one hand... Had no problems up to t13, don't have any higher maps... I fucked my Atlas...

Still trying to get good enchant on helmet, 50 ulab runs and all crap...

So I'm still a bit new to the game and this is (almost) my most progressed character. For the life of me however I can't really get the mana issue under control. I've picked up a couple of mana leech jewels for my tree which help a bit but obviously falter when it comes to dealing with single target.

If I've done it right then I believe my profile should be public. If anyone has any advice on what direction I should head in with my gear/gems I would be grateful.
"
Synatic wrote:
"
billski82 wrote:

I made my profile public, if OP has any recommendations, it would be appreciated.

Not OP, but I'll try:

- Get Uber Lab Ascendancy
- Carnage Heart is Overrated, get phys dmg + Life roll Rare
- Try a Basalt Flask instead of the 2nd Health one
- Enchant that Sulphur with something useful
- Writhing Jar is amazing, I use it instead of the other Health flask (once you get past 5k Life it seems obsolete)
- Get %Life rolls on your jewels, some of these are pretty lackluster.
- Your Fire Res is 90% over Max, try to balance this and upgrade your jewels

First of all you should take the Attack damage mana leech node of 0,4pct, it will help you greatly (better than your jewel).

Second, remove your Maim support linked with Herald of Ash, you will save some mana in the process.

And Third and most important one, you don't need a 6L with the stup you have currently. You can even go on a 4L you will have largly enough DPS at your level (I have done that 3 leveling this way this league in HC, no problem with a 4L Sunder + Melee Physical + Ruthless + Multistrike).

You should be fine after that.
Why do you use temp steel vs shaper? I just PoB your build with the claw you use vs temp steel and you lose a lot of dps, or does PoB doesn't know how to calculate elemental penetration?
New player here (Abyss first season) and I was wondering if it would be possible to Oni-Goroshi this build as a league starter - possibly for next league?

Basically, the idea would be to farm that weapon up and then use it to level / have a 6L until I could afford some of the 6L chest piece as I am not too familiar with the game and it seems like an easy starter-helper.
"
zelihood wrote:

Second, remove your Maim support linked with Herald of Ash, you will save some mana in the process.

Thanks for the tips, but why do we need to save mana? The build revolves around soul taker, so mana is irrelevant except when reserving for auras.

@OP - Thanks for the tips, this build is so much fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info