3.1 - Necro BV MoM Uber Lab (Budget to Endgame) The Queen of Blades

Which chest would you recommend if i cannot afford the koam's heart?

While I didn't follow this build, Don inspired me to attempt HH in a week. Huge shoutout to his stream (/donthecrown) as it's very informative and replicable. I mean absolutely no disrespect; he's not doing anything super skilled (like a Kitava kill in 4 hours) or hard to recreate (like sniping items with a third party tool). Good meta discussions with Been as well. Also isn't staying up for 72 hours or anything crazy.

Some notes/thoughts on my route (and early lab farming in general):

Spoiler

-It took 132 lab runs (had 6 cards and ~100c at 100 runs).

-I had only 4 sales over an exalt. Starkonja w/Volatile Dead Enchant (7ex), Death's Door from a chest (110 chaos), Belly of the Beast off Izaro (86 chaos), and a Starkonja w/GC Conversion Enchant (80c). All other sales were under an exalt or multiples of an item (like sacrifice sets). Also had 2 pure ex drop (both from the chests at the end of lab). Considering I paid ~82 ex (~3100 chaos) total for the entire set, this is a pretty small portion of the total.

-The vast majority of profit is from Sac sets and quality gems (or GCPs). Maps and helm enchants are also significant but not the majority. Don't feel unlucky or like it's not working if you're not hitting +1 barrage, +3 molten strike proj, etc.

-I strongly believe Starkonja is the best helm to enchant at league start. In a life based meta, it can fit a wide variety of builds. Dex requirement is pretty much covered by the large dex roll. It may not be bis for a lot of builds, but no one pays that amount at league start anyways. A fair amount of my sales were for suboptimal enchants for 20-40c. After a week, switching to rare helms (or shaper/elder this league) is probably the way to go.

-It is definitely worth paying for lab trials early if you can complete uber lab. This also reduces the amount of time spent in global 820 at league start which will preserve your sanity.

-Leveling up to 75 or so in maps can make things a lot more smooth. For that leveling, you may only want to switch to a single target skill when starting lab. Ex. I stayed sunder until starting to farm uber lab (then went cleave). For this build, you may want to stay EK until farming uber lab.

-It's not necessary to be 100% efficient. If you have the patience, more power to you. In my case, I only did chaos recipe until farming uber lab. After day 1, I didn't do any trades under 3c. I also didn't go into side rooms for just a silver key/door/darkshrine (did go for Argus though).

-MercuryTrade is ridiculously helpful. I had three presets just for lab (I just started lab, Halfway through lab, and almost done w/lab) asking if they want an inv/msg after.

-Buying offerings can be annoying. Sometimes you'll get lucky and the person on the currency section with 5+ offerings actually still has them available. I had better luck just searching the item section of poe.trade and just messaging anyone I noticed with more than 1 listed.

-Doing prophecies is a good way to get over the hump to uber lab viable. Obviously the chaos recipe is also a good idea.

Best of luck to anyone else trying something similar.

"
brandonpohd wrote:
Which chest would you recommend if i cannot afford the koam's heart?

I started lab and farmed my way to Kaoms on a very mediocre 5L chest, shield, and heartbreaker. Only on the hardest hitting days (like today's Charges / Gargs) do you actually need to have the max Effective Health Pool (EHP) setup. I'll be updating and filling out the guide here in the next couple days now that I've gotten HH.
"
Myrales wrote:

While I didn't follow this build, Don inspired me to attempt HH in a week. Huge shoutout to his stream (/donthecrown) as it's very informative and replicable. I mean absolutely no disrespect; he's not doing anything super skilled (like a Kitava kill in 4 hours) or hard to recreate (like sniping items with a third party tool). Good meta discussions with Been as well. Also isn't staying up for 72 hours or anything crazy.

Some notes/thoughts on my route (and early lab farming in general):

Spoiler

-It took 132 lab runs (had 6 cards and ~100c at 100 runs).

-I had only 4 sales over an exalt. Starkonja w/Volatile Dead Enchant (7ex), Death's Door from a chest (110 chaos), Belly of the Beast off Izaro (86 chaos), and a Starkonja w/GC Conversion Enchant (80c). All other sales were under an exalt or multiples of an item (like sacrifice sets). Also had 2 pure ex drop (both from the chests at the end of lab). Considering I paid ~82 ex (~3100 chaos) total for the entire set, this is a pretty small portion of the total.

-The vast majority of profit is from Sac sets and quality gems (or GCPs). Maps and helm enchants are also significant but not the majority. Don't feel unlucky or like it's not working if you're not hitting +1 barrage, +3 molten strike proj, etc.

-I strongly believe Starkonja is the best helm to enchant at league start. In a life based meta, it can fit a wide variety of builds. Dex requirement is pretty much covered by the large dex roll. It may not be bis for a lot of builds, but no one pays that amount at league start anyways. A fair amount of my sales were for suboptimal enchants for 20-40c. After a week, switching to rare helms (or shaper/elder this league) is probably the way to go.

-It is definitely worth paying for lab trials early if you can complete uber lab. This also reduces the amount of time spent in global 820 at league start which will preserve your sanity.

-Leveling up to 75 or so in maps can make things a lot more smooth. For that leveling, you may only want to switch to a single target skill when starting lab. Ex. I stayed sunder until starting to farm uber lab (then went cleave). For this build, you may want to stay EK until farming uber lab.

-It's not necessary to be 100% efficient. If you have the patience, more power to you. In my case, I only did chaos recipe until farming uber lab. After day 1, I didn't do any trades under 3c. I also didn't go into side rooms for just a silver key/door/darkshrine (did go for Argus though).

-MercuryTrade is ridiculously helpful. I had three presets just for lab (I just started lab, Halfway through lab, and almost done w/lab) asking if they want an inv/msg after.

-Buying offerings can be annoying. Sometimes you'll get lucky and the person on the currency section with 5+ offerings actually still has them available. I had better luck just searching the item section of poe.trade and just messaging anyone I noticed with more than 1 listed.

-Doing prophecies is a good way to get over the hump to uber lab viable. Obviously the chaos recipe is also a good idea.

Best of luck to anyone else trying something similar.

Congrats! Hope your Headhunter serves you well! (Have you decided on a build?) And definitely no disrespect taken, I will freely tell anyone that what I'm doing isn't all that special or skilled. I've just optimized a strategy that works.
No idea on what build I'm going to do. First HH, so I'm open to recommendations to take advantage of it. Poet's Pen looks intriguing, but still in the theory crafting stage for me. If nothing else comes up, I'll probably just go with Slayer Cyclone.
What should i put into my 5L chest and a 5L pledge ?
"
"
itaizilca wrote:
Just leveled a sunder for uber farming but it doesnt work 90% reduction + fority aint enough to tank him when he is buffed(seems like i cant heal enough).
You are able to tank his hits with your build? or you base on luck whether he hits you or not

So your character sheet's phys damage reduction doesn't give you a real number. Basically armour is less effective than the sheet reflects.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

To prevent 90% of a hit with armour alone you'd need 90 times the armour as the damage of the hit....
and armour alone will NEVER prevent any more damage that its value divided by 10 so if you have 10k armour the MOST it will prevent is 1K damage. I use a high life pool and max block to get lots of defenses.

And yes last night I face tanked a full buffed Izaro SLAM! (Thankfully not a crit)

"
EwingCancer wrote:

Can you explain a bit more why you are currently using Lightpoacher?

Thanks, liking the build so far

Finally completed 100 labs and got my Headhunter last night, so was doing some mapping. Lightpoacher is really nice for maps, at least low tier ones.

Thank you for clarifying this to me! I didn't know that armor works that way. (1000hrs playtime xD)
"
BrainJuice168 wrote:
What should i put into my 5L chest and a 5L pledge ?

Can't say I've ever had both a 5L chest and a Pledge at the same time, I normally swap to pledge once I have kaoms. Might be best to just grab a redic life rare chest without worrying about the links.
For those of you that got the headhunter, how much did you pay for each card? They are at almost 600c each now.
I have been dual wielding the lifesprig and it's been working quite well. Last time I check the tooltip dps was roughly the same as 6 link on tabula for some reason. Still low level though at around 40. Probably switching to aurumvorax+heartseeker at lvl 50. On the other hand my CwDT setup hasn't really been working. The only thing that constantly proc is the warlord mark and immortal. Those offering skills really hasn't been all that reliable. I should probably just use them as active spells for now. Overall great build and looking forward to the labs!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info