Here's a sneak preview of the new support gem, Mirage Archer.

"
Mythabril wrote:
So I put in a Frenzy with Mirage Archer Support (and maybe some GMT/Maim/CoH) and get Frenzy Charges from it while I use my main skill and only once in a while add another Frenzy in between to keep the mirage up?

That would be pretty friggin broken if you could use Frenzy + PCoC + Mirage Archer to basically have full Power and Frenzy charges up at all times for free...
Spoiler
f
Spoiler
u
Spoiler
c
Spoiler
k
Spoiler
m
Spoiler
e
Spoiler
l
Spoiler
e
Spoiler
e

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
suszterpatt wrote:
What if I link it to mirror arrow/blink arrow? What about ranged attack totems?

It doesn't work with Blink or Mirrow Arrow. It won't work with Ranged Attack Totem yet, but we hope to have it work in future, if it doesn't break everything. It currently causes problems because of the Mirage Archer limit of one.

"
Mythabril wrote:
So I put in a Frenzy with Mirage Archer Support (and maybe some GMT/Maim/CoH) and get Frenzy Charges from it while I use my main skill and only once in a while add another Frenzy in between to keep the mirage up?

You can't gain charge or on-hit benefits from it.
That... looks op, let's be honest. It pretty much seems like a mobile ranged attack totem that still allows you to use the skill yourself.

Hope ranged attack totem is gonna get some massive buffs, cuz otherwise it might as well not exist with this new support going live.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 4, 2017, 9:04:39 PM
Does on-hit benefits include trigger gems, like Curse on Hit? Would make a curse dispenser with Rain of Arrows + CoH.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
That is really neat. Has slight hint of OP if you can cast a cursing set of skills and switch to others. Makes sense why barrage enchant +2 was removed because with this on your head that would be some insane single target.

Really wish it was all ranged projectile skills, however.
"
Boem wrote:
Spoiler
f
Spoiler
u
Spoiler
c
Spoiler
k
Spoiler
m
Spoiler
e
Spoiler
l
Spoiler
e
Spoiler
e

Peace,

-Boem-

What did you expect?

Wait for the patch notes though, maybe we'll get lucky and Glacial Hammer will get another 7% damage buff!
eh - i highly doubt this will be used a whole lot if you can't use it for utility to generate charges and curses and such.

mostly because you're almost certainly better off just using another MORE damage support gem. it isn't like bows suffer from attack speed or mana issues, anyway, to a point where this would be super useful.

if you look at the effect the attack speed is MUUUUCH slower. who knows on gem lvls etc, but i don't really see this carrying your map carry while you just zoom around.

if it does work out where you can just attack once and let this turret while you fly around with blink arrow, it will be an insane clear speed build.
"
xMustard wrote:
eh - i highly doubt this will be used a whole lot if you can't use it for utility to generate charges and curses and such.

mostly because you're almost certainly better off just using another MORE damage support gem. it isn't like bows suffer from attack speed or mana issues, anyway, to a point where this would be super useful.

if you look at the effect the attack speed is MUUUUCH slower. who knows on gem lvls etc, but i don't really see this carrying your map carry while you just zoom around.

if it does work out where you can just attack once and let this turret while you fly around with blink arrow, it will be an insane clear speed build.

You can still curse on hit inc duration link something, no charges though
Last edited by Dogtordog on Dec 4, 2017, 9:31:47 PM
"
You can still curse on hit inc duration link something, no charges though

Makes sense, as it's not you shooting but a totem/minion thingamabob, so any gains go into the void, but applications work fine. Could be a cloud dispenser with Caustic Arrow, curses, Maim, bleed, culling, blind or flee. Has some utility/potential.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info