Why no key binding?

I really need different buttons to play my builds. And if you finally do key binding, please make double binding possible like "Flask 1" = Button X and Button Y. For ALL Buttons/Triggers.

I'm looking for a basic setup like on Steam Controller.

- LT/RT Main Skills (lay Mine/detonate Mine)
- left/right Stick Click Flasks/Skill
- A,B,X,Y Flasks for button smashing.

With current system my builds are unplayeble. On PC with Steam Controller i control a Miner who can teleport, lay mines, detonate mines, cast Orb of Storms and consume all kinds of flasks at the SAME time almost every second. It's soooo good for PvP too. But on Xbox One X i can't kill Hillok with this.
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2018, 11:49:37 PM
Xb1 elite controller superb job but i agree key bindings are needed.
You can change under Xbox settings the normal controller too, but it counts for all games. The stupidest thing in current situation is button A mapped with main skill resulting your stash full of junk. Because you picking up constantly as you attack/cast. The second stupid thing your flasks are on the same spot as your map. You constantly clicking it on and off. That spot is in general out of reach for ANY flask usage. If you need a Quarz Flask every 5 seconds and a Quicksilver and Freeze and Bleed and Mana and Life. It's easy if its on XYAB... because you can push as you attack/run/teleport. But not now. It's horrible. It's not PoE that i used to play.

The way your buttons are mapped is key to the fun in this game. I played on PC with mapped Controller a Flameblast Totem Build with Lightning Warp. High cast speed, reduced duration. It was a blast in PvP.
Last edited by DumbHelipilot on Nov 29, 2017, 4:07:01 PM
Im sure it would be super easy for them to impliment and such a great Qol.
This would be such a massive improvement to game play. Recently switched to XBOX and made a pathfinder. I wasn't able to utilize my flasks properly having to move my thumb off my left joystick to pop flasks. And when i did pop my flasks i couldn't aim my skills etc.
+1 dif controller config, key bindings would be great!
"
Xb1 elite controller superb job but i agree key bindings are needed.

Hey, will the XB1 Elite Controller allow custom mapping for PoE specifically? That might be enough of a reason to get it especially since I heard it was kind of worth getting anyway.
"
DumbHelipilot wrote:
I really need different buttons to play my builds. And if you finally do key binding, please make double binding possible like "Flask 1" = Button X and Button Y. For ALL Buttons/Triggers.

I'm looking for a basic setup like on Steam Controller.

- LT/RT Main Skills (lay Mine/detonate Mine)
- left/right Stick Click Flasks/Skill
- A,B,X,Y Flasks for button smashing.

With current system my builds are unplayeble. On PC with Steam Controller i control a Miner who can teleport, lay mines, detonate mines, cast Orb of Storms and consume all kinds of flasks at the SAME time almost every second. It's soooo good for PvP too. But on Xbox One X i can't kill Hillok with this.

Can you explain your Button-Config more detailed?
I am very interested in, because i have big problems with the useage of die flasks - it is not possible to move and use flashs at the same time, thats not good...:-)
With Steam Controller it's very easy. It has under the triggers another buttons i use them for flasking too. And i use the "click" function on both triggers. It's like a button on the button - if you pull the trigger to the end you can click it. And you can map multiple actions to one button. Say you map a trigger with your main skill and the "click" on the trigger with two flasks mana/life, mana/mana, freeze/bleed ect. You can kill a pack with a single action and at the same time refill your life/mana with that "click".

Basic idea is always the same:
Right Trigger: Main Skill
Right Trigger Click: Flasks
Button under Right Trigger: Flasks/Movement Skill

---
The same with Left Trigger which you use simultaneous if needed. Like placing different (Spell)-Totems or detonating the Mines.

----
To get channeled Skills/Bow Skills working all you need is activate "Mode Shifting" on Left Thumb Stick: Right Trigger Full Pull ---> Mouse Region. If you aim and pull the trigger you activate your skill at the aimed direction.
Last edited by DumbHelipilot on Dec 15, 2017, 2:52:21 PM
I'm not necessarily a fan of main skill on the right trigger lol, but I do think we should have a wide range of customization of the control bingings on the xbox. I would be a great QoL change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info