New Skill and Support Gem Interactions

Please nerf all classes or do something to make the leveling more challenging somehow.

I liked the first few levels of mayhem, but after several lootexplosions it got too easy again.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Volley still looks kinda gross unfortunately. Eugh.

"
devilmz wrote:
Can someone enlighten me as to how Volley is any different from GMP/LMP other than trajectory? And ultimately if that's the only difference, is there really any point in it?

The coverage of Volley is much, much better than GMP's. You can actually hit things that are to the side of the initial target, and you don't lose range by virtue of not firing at an angle. There's no point in running GMP Incinerate unless the Damage penalty on Volley is twice as high.

Good reasoning and explanation, thanks for that.

Not sure, I kind of like the visual on it, maybe they need some kind of spawn spot , like you're calling projectiles from the void.

I wonder how this will go when we have free GMP's from threshold on certain things, like would you still want to have a less multiplier on freeze pulse? (I'm assuming it will be less) when you get free 5 projectiles?
So.... contagion will be a channeled skill?
with the new gems and a few getting reworked will there be a passive tree reset to go along with it all?
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
Are these some hatebots or are there really many people who consider melee skills to be in a bad spot? :D

"
Imaxilian wrote:
I don't know what the problem with melee is. It always was strong, it still is extremely strong.

"
kapin77 wrote:
Melee players just need a skill that 1 hit 2 screens away, thats why they love being melee

I think all of you are seeing it in the wrong way.
There’s no doubt that a few endgame viable melee skills exist… even if, overall, ranged is just a better choice and everyone knows that… but that’s not the point here.

The source of disappointment here is NOT the lack of power in melee skills… it is the lack of updates/additions/expansions to the melee skill roster.

I’ll put it this way:
Ranged skills are fine, yet they get new skills, supports, updates etc. with each new major patch.
Melee skills are fine too, but they rarely get the same amount of love.

I may be wrong but as far as I remember the last new real melee skill added was Lacerate in 2.4, more than 1 year ago.
Can you see what I mean now?
Last edited by FrancescoV on Nov 28, 2017, 8:06:37 AM
"
Aldarias wrote:
So.... contagion will be a channeled skill?

The gif shows Wither + CWC + Contagion, no? :)
Very nice skills !
"
Elariv wrote:
Please nerf all classes or do something to make the leveling more challenging somehow.

I liked the first few levels of mayhem, but after several lootexplosions it got too easy again.

GGG, what this guy meant to say is "Please speed up the leveling process so people who make many alts won't have to spend 6+ hours just to get to the real part of the game."
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
The whole thing would be super cool if there were CI and ES fixed to play with all of this.
Else it would be just another shady month for me inside some MMORPG like EoS or RoM or TERA..
Last edited by ThorTX on Nov 28, 2017, 8:58:44 AM
"

they gave ranged and casters the ability to have fortify ... why?

Wait, what? How did I miss that? What's the non-ascendency way for a ranged character to have fortify?
Last edited by SPTX on Nov 28, 2017, 10:01:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info