[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

Spoiler
"
UnLovedOne wrote:
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
CyclopsRio wrote:
I bought mine for 30c already socketed and colored, because I didn't want to take the chance at wasting jews and chromas, but then I got the genius idea to do a test to post for you guys here, as a little repayment for this awesome guide.

Costs for 6s, with 3r3b for gem leveling.
1 Chaos to buy chest
208 Jewelers for 6s
3 Chroma for 3b 3r

BLUE is best for leveling random gems.
GREEN is best for leveling Empower/Enhance/Enlighten.

I probably wasted more currency on this than I should have, spending 30c and all, but it was a fun test and I thought it might provide a useful alternative to Tabula.

Tabula Rasa chest piece only costs 10c (90 jewelers orb's at the current exchange rate) currently. It will get cheaper as the season progresses.

The upside could be that the chest levels gem's quicker via it's unique bonus, however, I've not actually seen anyone confirm or prove it levels gem's while wearing the BringOfRain helm.

I'm going to test it out and see for myself. Will update when i get some results first hand.

I'm using that helm, and thanks to CyclopsRio i switched my tabula rasa for that chest armour :

http://prntscr.com/htrqvr

Glad it's working for you Unloved, and thanks for running the numbers as proof! Been sick for a few days so I've been away from the PC.

Spoiler
"
Jerem1ahJones wrote:
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
UnLovedOne wrote:
I'm using that helm, and thanks to CyclopsRio i switched my tabula rasa for that chest armour :

http://prntscr.com/htrqvr

I'm doing the same at the moment but I honestly can't tell if it's actually levelling gem's quicker, which is it's sole use for us?

I've spent a few hours playing and it doesn't seem as if anything is levelling any faster than normal. I don't really know how I can actually prove if it does or doesn't work, either way, too?

This is what I've got equipped and am testing currently:

So both my Cleave and Sunder gem are level 19 I put my Cleave gem in a blue socket of the robe. I was farming some maps and Cleave made pretty much 25% more XP so it is indeed working!

The Numbers: (Note: Im from Germany so dots are for visibility and comma is for decimal digits. I think thats different for other countries so don't get confused here ;) )

Sunder in my Helmet: Start XP: 97.308.199 End: 106.396.796 Difference: 9.088.597
Cleave in Armour (B): Start XP: 169.691.957 End 181.051.062 Difference: 11.359.105

11.359.105 - 9.088.597 = 2.270.508
9.088.597 x 0,25 = 2.272.149,25

New BIS Armour for that build it seems and it looks way better than tabulas so good job for finding that CyclopsRio!

Hey that was the goal! Thank you for running the numbers, and you're welcome Jeremiah. :)
"
Nekobibu wrote:
"
Jerem1ahJones wrote:
Go to privacy settings and check the "hide characters tab" because I can't see your characters. I asume it is a build issue and not a skill issue. I had a very hard time doing uber lab with my witch but with this slayer build it is super easy. I have so much regen I really have to fuck up badly to come close to dying. I don't even have to dodge most of the traps I life reg everything back so fast. To be fair the last ascendancy point helps a lot but still. The only dangerous thing are green sentinels but I just kill them with either my totem or sunder.

OK, checked and unchecked again, let me know if it's working now.
Unless I missed something important, I don't think it's a build issue, so it's probably a skill issue. :D
That's strange because I had no real problem running the lab with previous characters (not all of them, I also had a witch who was quite frail, but still...) and since the purpose of this build is specifically to run the lab, I feel like a total retard. Maybe I am! :D
I don't feel like I regen life that fast, actually... I don't know. Maybe I'm just really tired...

Thanks for your help! :)

It works now. Well, I don't see something wrong with your build what you could do is roll another socket on to your weapon so you can use enduring cry (especially since you put 5 points into enduring charge nodes) which helps against traps too or use vitality instead of hatred. You should deal enough damage anyways. Personaly I also decided to not take the 3 skill points to the By the Blade node and go for a 4th jewel with 2 life reg nodes leading up to it next to the shaper node. Personaly I don't use a quicksilver flask ( I have 35% movementspeed) but a instant life flask just for the few moments I fuck up and get close to dying. Maybe also roll anti bleed effect on one of your flaks until you have the last ascendancy then you won't need it anymore. And don't forget that the "endless hunger" ascendancy gives you life leech even at full life so kill some mobs before you go into traps.
Last edited by Jerem1ahJones on Jan 3, 2018, 7:08:29 AM
"
Jerem1ahJones wrote:

It works now. Well, I don't see something wrong with your build what you could do is roll another socket on to your weapon so you can use enduring cry (especially since you put 5 points into enduring charge nodes) which helps against traps too or use vitality instead of hatred. You should deal enough damage anyways. Personaly I also decided to not take the 3 skill points to the By the Blade node and go for a 4th jewel with 2 life reg nodes leading up to it next to the shaper node. Personaly I don't use a quicksilver flask ( I have 35% movementspeed) but a instant life flask just for the few moments I fuck up and get close to dying. Maybe also roll anti bleed effect on one of your flaks until you have the last ascendancy then you won't need it anymore. And don't forget that the "endless hunger" ascendancy gives you life leech even at full life so kill some mobs before you go into traps.

I was finally able to complete today's lab!
Thanks for your help, the anti-bleed effect on the flask definitely made the difference! :)
Any other XBox players having trouble with Leap Slam? Holding the left trigger before hitting the skill generally lets me scoot across the screen like in the video. But as soon as I run into any enemies at all, I get hung up and can't go anywhere. Then by the time I switch back from the alternate weapons, I'm dead (that mechanism is a little awkward on XB).

Is there something obvious I'm missing or doing wrong?

Last edited by Gortuss on Jan 3, 2018, 5:38:06 PM
Started this build on console before realizing that Leap Slam doesn't work on Xbox. Switched to Cyclone and at lvl 80 with about 5.2k HP and max Res. I can steam roll Uber Lab. There might be better cyclone builds out there but this build cost me about 25 chaos (most expensive thing was Carnage Heart) and does exactly what it claimed to do.

Great farming build!
"
Started this build on console before realizing that Leap Slam doesn't work on Xbox. Switched to Cyclone and at lvl 80 with about 5.2k HP and max Res. I can steam roll Uber Lab. There might be better cyclone builds out there but this build cost me about 25 chaos (most expensive thing was Carnage Heart) and does exactly what it claimed to do.

So you don't use Leap Slam at all with this build? I'll give that a try.

I don't know how you managed to keep the whole build to 25c -- Carnage Heart alone is 80-100c on xbox! I'm trying to figure out how to grind up that kind of currency when I still get 1-shotted in merciless lab at level 70.
How's everyone going with the build? I've only had a very small amount of time to play this season, but so far I've found some really interesting things while trying out different set pieces and Shaper/Elder items with the build, now that I've hit level 90.

I've decided to head east from the Shaper Node on the skill tree and take the leech nodes and extra gem slot. Interestingly enough, I couldn't find a single Abyss DPS jewel that out-performed a standard "Attack Speed while dual wielding / max life / Res" gem. Adding a 4th jewel with Resists on it has also allowed me to swap out one of my standard rings for a Ventor's Gamble ring. I also replaced one of my other jewels with "Dex-Int / Resists / Attack Speed / Phys Damage". Standard jewels this season are ridiculously cheap compared to what they were last season. I've picked up two standard jewels already for about 5 chaos each that would have cost me like 60 chaos plus last season.

Running the numbers through POB and testing out different setups, I've realised fairly quickly that Attack Speed is king with this build once you get your character up past level 85. Top-tier attack speed rolls vs top-tier damage rolls on any item at all are fairly similar, including making an allowance for an extra damage roll that you get on Abyss items. Even with that, the DPS from attack speed is still coming out slightly ahead. The big benefit though is that it makes leap-slamming light-years faster to move around with and significantly reduces the amount of time you stay in place attacking, before moving around again. It really feels like a quality of life improvement, on top of a bit of extra damage.

I've also found that killing T12 and T13 bosses on fully modded maps (to obtain the map drop bonus on the Atlas) this season is much more difficult, not because of the build being nerfed, but because more of the bosses move around quickly, have good evasion and give off more persistent damage that degen's you if you try and face-tank them. They also have lass add-on's than bosses have had from any previous season and as such, a higher attack speed is quite helpful to have against them so you can stick'n'move faster to kill them more easily while having less opportunity to leech.

While on the topic of Boss Killing, I've also found that for bosses that have less add-on's spawning and have their own boss room separate from the map, switching an equivalent levelled and quality-applied Cleave skill gem in for the Sunder skill gem is a straight-up boost to my flat Shaper Damage of 111k all the way up to 148K. With character/tree/flasks/charges/ascendancy boosts active, it's a DPS boost from 224K up to 302K. There is a catch though & that's that Cleave without any of it's other add-on's you would usually use has a very small AOE and specific point of attack that you must hit the boss with. It has no flexibility like Sunder has in that you can attack from a moderate distance to avoid big slams and 1-shots. So yeah, I would advise in boss encounters like the new poison forest map that has a boss with heaps of enemies everywhere surrounding you, stick with Sunder. But for boss encounters that involve basically no other add's, feel free to go to town with Cleave if you like. Because it's a noticeably faster boss-kill time using it. I did consider going the cleave route all together, but testing showed that in order for it to get to a Sunder level of DPS with equivalent or better AOE, you needed to give up one or two skill tree jewel slots for the Cleave threshold jewel, on top of using an AOE support skill gem, which nerf's it's damage down to about 15% less than what we get with Sunder - although it's definitely a better general map clearing setup. Sunder is still king overall though IMO and it certainly is in terms of the build's primary use - speed running the Uber Lab.

I think my new best find though is what I've saved for last. By balancing out my resists on my rings/belt with having Res on 2 or 3 gem's (via cheap gem upgrades) now, I've been able to change my gloves to a new pair of cheaply self-crafted Elder Armour Gloves. I rolled a pair that had L16 Faster Attacks and 9% Increased Attack Speed - then just applied a Regal Orb to make it a Rare item and give it the extra stat rolls of Life/PhysDamage/ColdRes/IncreasedArm&Evas. The DPS boost from the increased attack speed was significant (equivalent to taking an additional two or three attack speed skill nodes on the tree) and having a huge chunk of additional faster movement applied to Leap Slam has you moving around now at what feels like rocket speed. The best part though.... the gloves are complete garbage compared to what you could buy if you wanted. There's better gloves out there with these rolls that also have 5% Block or an additional 14% Attack Speed on top of that.

Anyway, here's my current setup I'm testing out. Feel free to discuss & critique:

Skill Tree Jewel #1: +9 to Dex & Int / 7% Inc Max Life / 9% All-Res
Skill Tree Jewel #2: +10 to Dex & Int / 6% Inc Max Life /
Skill Tree Jewel #3: +10 to Dex & Int / 12% Cold & Light Res / 5% Att Spd W-DualWield / 16% Inc Phys Damage
Skill Tree Jewel #4: 6% Att Spd W-DualWield / 7% Inc Max Life / 11% Cold & Light Res
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Jan 4, 2018, 8:43:03 PM
Total noob. Can anyone tell my why I'm not getting any endurance charges? Do i only get them when i block? Charname: zbodewd abyss league
"
zbodude wrote:
Total noob. Can anyone tell my why I'm not getting any endurance charges? Do i only get them when i block? Charname: zbodewd abyss league

Had the same problem, I have a 6 slots (4 links)Wings of Entropy weapon, so I added in one of the extra slot a warlord's mark gem. It makes it so easy to get endurance charges so quick, when you're in lab, you spam in on a bunch of adds and kill them before going onto trap, voila.
Altho, if someone is willing to reply as to how to get endurance charges (i saw the video guide, with the writhing jar, it work for only 1 charge to me, i dont know what i'm doing wrong) I am all ears for them pro tips.
"
zbodude wrote:

You get them when you block. Once you are fully geared and levelled to L85, you have a 31% chance to block & with the Rumi's flask active, you have a 51% chance to block.

You only seem to block however when other forms of defensive mitigation don't trigger or get bypassed from an attack. Hence you don't actually trigger Endurance charges every second shot & you trigger them less and less the more overall defensively buffed you are.

The reality of this in the game basically means when you stand in the middle of a large crowd of enemies and they all lob damage at you, your endurance charges pop quickly and start adding up. However in a 1-on-1 boss encounter, the endurance charges don't pop as frequently or increase in number very quickly at all, unless it's a boss that fires off persistent volleys of smaller damaging impacts. This is because your other defensive abilities are absorbing/dodging/evading the damage already.

This is why the build guide advises on high level content to use an Enduring Cry in an Unset Ring if you feel endurance charges are really needed. Alternatively, you can give up a little bit of DPS and Attack speed by swapping out the "Punishment" skill gem for "Warlord's Mark" skill gem in the Leap-Slam glove skill-gem setup. Additionally to that, if you go a 6-link WoE Axe setup, you can add in the Warlord's Mark skill gem as the 5th or 6th link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info