The Abyss Challenge League

Wow, I can wait no longer
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙

♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ok I got to be honest GGG, that stygian vise belt is broken. What you can get on those jewels far outstrips the implicits of other belts to the point where that is now the only belt base anyone can use for a rare belt.

I get that ur excited about the new items etc but I think uve got carried away with that one tbh.

Shut up 23 challenges.
Yay! And it's Christmas themed too!

Thanks for not making them Aqua or Mauve.

Dec 8th is the last day of final exams. Grading is going to be extra hard this year.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Nov 22, 2017, 8:11:36 PM
Looks so much better than harbinger league
cute cool!
Looks like the Abyss jewels occupy a gem slot on the unique item. Sure, that works and makes for some interesting choices.

That Stygian Vise belt though... I agree with Snorkle, it invalidates every single other belt type as far as rares go. If it was a unique with the property "Has 1 Abyssal socket" and whatever currently-existing implicit and explicits are deemed appropriate then it'd be interesting and flexible, but since it's a base item with that implicit then it kills all other rare belts and almost certainly many uniques as well depending on what mods are on Abyssal jewels. The introduction of that belt type does not seem good for the long-term health of the game regardless of whether Abyss gets added in to the core game in whatever form.

Hm... I suppose a lesser form of that would be to eventually let corrupting a belt have a chance to grant it an Abyssal jewel socket? Then that belt becomes one-of-a-kind.

The more I think about Abyss jewels being socketed in items, the more I question whether it's a good idea. Hell, I wonder if it's a good idea even up against regular jewels. League-exclusive items should not invalidate current rares. Talisman worked out better because the variety of those implicits allowed for sidegrades and interesting choices, especially since they were all corrupted. But Abyss stuff looks like it'll be really powerful for the places the jewels are going.

At least it's nice to see added physical to spells finally. Is there maybe some hope we can see spells able to bleed? Considering attack top-end tends to be higher than spell top-end, plus the way current physical spells aren't single hit powerhouses anyway, it doesn't look like spell bleed would be unbalancing at all, would it?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ok I got to be honest GGG, that stygian vise belt is broken. What you can get on those jewels far outstrips the implicits of other belts to the point where that is now the only belt base anyone can use for a rare belt.

I get that ur excited about the new items etc but I think uve got carried away with that one tbh.

I agree. The only way the new belt cannot obsolete every other belt is if its no mods and 1 or 2 abyss sockets; or limited to magic rarity (1 prefix/1 suffix) and 1 or 2 abyss sockets.

A 6 mod rare with one abyss socket will just be OP, that no other belt can complete with; barring headhunter; or other unique belt that provides a desired build enabling mod you cannot get elsewhere.
Awesome. Can't wait already! HYPEEEEEEEEEE

Lets roll!
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Nov 22, 2017, 8:20:26 PM
love the new suit!
So far, so good!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Grading is going to be extra hard this year.

That's not the only thing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info