The Hungry Loop Unique Ring

"
smileys wrote:
I think that ring is useless
gems quality - not work
gems lvl 21 - not work
end game - not work

I predict that in the beginning it will be more expensive, but it will fall very quickly
to 1 chaos when people see that ring is useless.

It's a 5-link, how is that going to be useless? Many people have mentioned how great it will end up being as a summoner, and not to mention the fact that you could probably make an OP cwdt setup with it.
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
"
SirBalatro wrote:
PLS Put it back to Req. lvl 69 for the memes
TY

I support this. Not doing it seems like a massive missed opportunity for some lulz :)
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
"
enumag wrote:

It's useless for CWDT setups because lvl 20 CWDT needs too much damage. Also you can't feed it curses so things like Blasphemy or Curse on Hit are out as well.

Where does it say it won't work with curses? Not trolling; I genuinely don't see anything anywhere that mentions curses specifically.

I had an idea for my life RF build to use shield charge -> inc crit strikes -> faster attacks -> curse on hit -> flammability but Kaom's Heart is too good. Belly can't even come close to it until around level 98 with shitloads of life on all the rest of the gear.

With this ring, I could keep my kaom's and run Enlighten -> Purity of Fire -> Purity of Lightning -> Vitality in a 4-link and ditch Orb of Storms altogether. If I wanted to run 4 quicksilver flasks I could use Kaom's Roots, too, which is currently completely out of the question.

Obviously this is a pretty specific use case, but not being able to socket curses would be a major blow to versatility.
Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Nov 20, 2017, 3:39:18 PM
First.
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
"
enumag wrote:

It's useless for CWDT setups because lvl 20 CWDT needs too much damage. Also you can't feed it curses so things like Blasphemy or Curse on Hit are out as well.

Where does it say it won't work with curses? Not trolling; I genuinely don't see anything anywhere that mentions curses specifically.

I had an idea for my life RF build to use shield charge -> inc crit strikes -> faster attacks -> curse on hit -> flammability but Kaom's Heart is too good. Belly can't even come close to it until around level 98 with shitloads of life on all the rest of the gear.

With this ring, I could keep my kaom's and run Enlighten -> Purity of Fire -> Purity of Lightning -> Vitality in a 4-link and ditch Orb of Storms altogether. If I wanted to run 4 quicksilver flasks I could use Kaom's Roots, too, which is currently completely out of the question.

Obviously this is a pretty specific use case, but not being able to socket curses would be a major blow to versatility.

Curses are active skills and not supports.
Will the Hungry Loop gain informative pre/suffixes to indicate what it ate?
Holy Macaroni, this ring is bloody OP.
Me want.
"
ffoD wrote:
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
"
enumag wrote:

Curses are active skills and not supports.

Shit. That's what I get for literally never using curses as active skills. Ugh. Thank you.
If this ring not t1 rare drop -

I can predict HC prices:

First day of new league: everyone so hyped. Alot of this rings on poe.trade 40c each.

During the League: everyone realize you need alot of money invested to make this ring actually have socketed supports. Prices drops to 1c for blank ring. With like 2ex to 7ex price on ring with 2-3-4 supports.

This where nolife-farmers actually make money (as they always do).

Because me personally lvled to lvl 85 in this 10 days Turmoil HC - which means I could charge this ring with 0 (zero) support gems by my self.
Interesting mechanics enthusiast.
Last edited by farmazongold on Nov 20, 2017, 7:55:36 PM
The design is based off a nautilus?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info