So, Vaal pact nerf?

Regen in tree for all classes on the right side: 3-4%, lol.

"
LowBudget780 wrote:

No, it really isn't. lol, just because you have a bunch of spare time and supporter tags under your name doesn't mean you actually know what you are talking about.

Why would u need vaal pact to play fast and aggressive? Its an absurd statement to begin with. I have tons of builds and have seen tons more that just slam through maps at close range and dont use vaal pact. To say that cant be done requires you to know every possible build and their limitations, to say it can be done requires me to know 1 build that can do it, and Ive played dozens.
"
grepman wrote:
"
omgMajk wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
you can play fast and aggressive without vaal pact, literally the only thing you need it for is standing still in front of shaper and holding down your mouse button till the fight is over. Hopefully that isnt possible any more, if it is something else needs nerfed.

This is probably the stupidest thing I've read today. There is no way to play fast and wreck things in melee range at the moment unless you have vaal pact or acuity. Espeically with reflect mobs spawning ontop of you when you clear. Leech without vaal pact is dead, it gives you absolutely nothing.
you are confusing playing fast and aggressive with facetanking everything and not paying attention to reflect or mob types (white skellies or shaper who gives a fuck) or incoming damage (basically you can close your eyes and as long as you hit SOMETHING and leech you dont have to worry about anything)

those two are not the same, were never the same and will never be the same.

Facetanking "everything" has nothing to do with it. Obviously on bosses like Atziri and Shaper you should have to move. This change will have a great nerf on regular white, magic and rare mobs on shit maps for alot of builds - which is the opposite of fast and aggressive.
"
omgMajk wrote:

How is 20% regen per SECOND helping you in a close melee situation when you get hit five-ten times a second?

Why are you letting yourself get hit five to ten times a second? And why are you not using any mitigation on it at all?

I get it, tactics are hard, layers of defense are hard, mashing your face into everything only wanting to care about hp and dps are easy. But how about trying something just the slightest bit less shallow and, idk, avoid the attacks? Build some armor or evasion? Prioritize the ranged enemies that can snipe you before dealing with the melee ones? Use an aggro drawing proxy? Pay attention to enemy types?
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 16, 2017, 6:22:06 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
You can play aggressive without VP but you're going to die anything you sneeze on a reflect pack or more than 1 monster hits you at the same time.

Look what happened to this build after it could no longer leech instantly:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745340/page/324

In my opinion even without reflect the damage in the game is too spiky for regular leech or non-instant flask to be useful.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
LowBudget780 wrote:

No, it really isn't. lol, just because you have a bunch of spare time and supporter tags under your name doesn't mean you actually know what you are talking about.

Why would u need vaal pact to play fast and aggressive? Its an absurd statement to begin with. I have tons of builds and have seen tons more that just slam through maps at close range and dont use vaal pact. To say that cant be done requires you to know every possible build and their limitations, to say it can be done requires me to know 1 build that can do it, and Ive played dozens.

because when you're fighting double beyond/breach beyond red maps with high density and you're playing a melee build, stuff will constantly chunk you for over 50% of your health. without it you die.

my elebuzzsaw raider is literally dead without VP, like flat out dead.

and i didnt really facetank anything that wasnt supposed to be facetanked (except for shaper beam but that was only during vinktars), I could still easily die to guardians and everything with VP and 6k hp
without VP it's basically gonna be unusable for anything i dont oneshot from offscreen.

can you imagine an EK nova build without leech+VP? no, unless your first EK after you jump in a pac oneshots them yoU're basically dead to their dmg.

breach and beyond bossed can literally chunk you for over 6k from offscreen, how are you supposed to handle that with a ranger/shadow character that relies on close combat?
Last edited by shaunika90 on Nov 16, 2017, 6:19:57 PM
"
omgMajk wrote:

Facetanking "everything" has nothing to do with it. Obviously on bosses like Atziri and Shaper you should have to move.
and yet - you dont have to really move with instant leech against uber or shaper- well if you dont have enough hp to tank a slam you move during the slam phase- thats it. you tank everything else. well, you cant tank atziri double blast, but builds that go VP dont invest anything in defense so they usually have enough offense to down her before shes able to cast the FB
Last edited by grepman on Nov 16, 2017, 6:19:10 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
"
omgMajk wrote:

How is 20% regen per SECOND helping you in a close melee situation when you get hit five-ten times a second?

Why are you letting yourself get hit five to ten times a second? And why are you not using any mitigation on it at all?

I get it, tactics are hard, layers of defense are hard, mashing your face into everything only wanting to care about hp and dps are easy. But how about trying something just the slightest bit less shallow and, idk, avoid the attacks? Build some armor or evasion? Prioritize the ranged enemies that can snipe you before dealing with the melee ones?

Armour is shit, evasion has no effect on big crits, going into a pack of mobs head on makes you get hit several times. Mitigation in this game is seriously sub-par. Ranged players can get away with it, melee characters can if they roll slayer or zerker.
"
grepman wrote:
"
omgMajk wrote:

Facetanking "everything" has nothing to do with it. Obviously on bosses like Atziri and Shaper you should have to move.
and yet - you dont have to really move with instant leech against uber or shaper- well if you dont have enough hp to tank a slam you move during the slam phase- thats it. you tank everything else. well, you cant tank atziri double blast, but builds that go VP dont invest anything in defense so they usually have enough offense to down her before shes able to cast the FB

yeha, there are a handful (if that) builds with insane investment that can realistically facetank anything shaper does, so let's nerf vaal pact for everyone else, leaving all those builds still the best ones, and the rest useless.

check out my harbinger league raider, I ran vaal pact on it, it's 95 and gear enough that should be able to complete anything (and it has) and i dont facetank anything shaper does.

neither can i Facetank uber atziri, I have to dodge all the shit she does, every time cause all of them oneshot me, or at the very least chunk me for over 80% of my hp.

yeah sure, berserkers with their cloaked in savagery and 8k+hp could facetank anything.

then maybe JUST MAYBE, the issue wasnt with vaal pact.
Last edited by shaunika90 on Nov 16, 2017, 6:23:42 PM
"
shaunika90 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
LowBudget780 wrote:

because when you're fighting double beyond/breach beyond red maps with high density and you're playing a melee build, stuff will constantly chunk you for over 50% of your health. without it you die.

my elebuzzsaw raider is literally dead without VP, like flat out dead.

and i didnt really facetank anything that wasnt supposed to be facetanked (except for shaper beam but that was only during vinktars), I could still easily die to guardians and everything with VP and 6k hp
without VP it's basically gonna be unusable for anything i dont oneshot from offscreen.

can you imagine an EK nova build without leech+VP? no, unless your first EK after you jump in a pac oneshots them yoU're basically dead to their dmg.

have you tried investing in defense ?
have you tried making a toon that specializes in defense ?
have you ever realized that 6k hp is squishy as fuck for a melee build with no investment in defense ?

not to mention your statement is factually incorrect;
lets see here a RF build

1) has no VP
2) is in melee range
3) somehow survives (and does so well) without VP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info