Payment Improvements for Tomorrow's Supporter Packs

"
szíriusz wrote:
Im afraid a bit.
Please clarify me before the new packs arrive in store. Id want to purchase BUT!

As hungarian living in EU id still be able to purchase with $ ? (we dont have EURO we have Forint)

Can i directly pay with PayPal without this XSolla thing?
I hope this is not the only way "Check out with Paypal via Xsolla."

1) I never pay online with my credit card, and i dont want to change this
2) I use only direct paypal payment methods. Only without any 3rd party.

I dont know about XSolla anything and sorry to say that but i dont trust any other paying option what is not directly paypal.

My question:

Will I be able to support you GGG with direct PayPal purchases without any 3rd party?

^This 1 million times this^

I don't want to be forced to trust any other paying option then direct Paypal, because there are so many not trustworthy dubious thing out there.
I never heard about this Xsolla and what I read here makes me even more suspicious.

I beg you GGG, let us continue to pay with Paypal like we always could.
What was the problem with direct paypal payment that you had to change this? Why didn't you just add the other payment options? Why do you want us to trust xSolla if we already have to trust Paypal? I cannot understand this at all.
Last edited by itzchris89 on Nov 16, 2017, 5:13:21 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
saif3r wrote:
Will the ratio be $1:€1?
Does it apply to all EU players? Even those with different currency? If so, for Euro players like myself that could mean price increase, as
$20 = 71,92 PLN
€20 = 85,15 PLN

it's 85 cent per dollar

So 85,15 * 0,85 = 72,37 which means that € is more expensive than $. And we still have to pay conversion fee. Yes i know the difference is small, but still this change is no good for non Euro EU countries.
I already upgraded my Oriath pack to Outlaw with Xsolla. No problems whatsoever.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
Please bring back the old Paypal payment before the new supporter packs release!!
I don't want to give my Paypal information to Xsolla and I don't know why we need a 3rd party payment.. Paypal is already a payment system!!
Last edited by Shinjuku on Nov 16, 2017, 5:07:28 AM
"
saif3r wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
saif3r wrote:
Will the ratio be $1:€1?
Does it apply to all EU players? Even those with different currency? If so, for Euro players like myself that could mean price increase, as
$20 = 71,92 PLN
€20 = 85,15 PLN

it's 85 cent per dollar

So 85,15 * 0,85 = 72,37 which means that € is more expensive than $. And we still have to pay conversion fee. Yes i know the difference is small, but still this change is no good for non Euro EU countries.

afaik, credit card companies do also charge for a currency conversion? don't know but it's fairly minor.

the biggest scam is still steam which get's a huge chunk of player's support towards games. but of course that's only relevant if you're interested in supporting the game (as the outcome for the supporter is the same and only the gaming company you support get's shafted) and not getting the most out of your support, a view that ggg heavily pushes with their skinner mtx-boxes.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
itzchris89 wrote:

What was the problem with direct paypal payment that you had to change this? Why didn't you just add the other payment options? Why do you want us to trust xSolla if we already have to trust Paypal? I cannot understand this at all.

I think you are literally creating a problem out of nothing. Xsolla isn't going to change your favourite payment method, if anything, it's going to expand the options we have. Paypal is partnered with Xsolla and that simply means that you are still going to purchase items through Paypal.
Last edited by VeyKron on Nov 16, 2017, 5:18:54 AM
please don't remove direct paypal payments (and don'T force euros, let me chose?). atleast keep it as a fallback.

i'm one of those aversive to new, unkown stuff - and would happily pay a premium for using 'what is known and good to me'.
Last edited by _hndrk on Nov 16, 2017, 5:42:01 AM
Between 71,92 and 85,15? Nope thanks, if i cant pay in usd like before i wont buy anything more. Ever, i had enough of fucking me over my money with conversion rates by banks.
3,6$ more if i pay in euro... haha
Last edited by seruch on Nov 16, 2017, 5:38:52 AM
"
Shinjuku wrote:
Please bring back the old Paypal payment before the new supporter packs release!!
I don't want to give my Paypal information to Xsolla and I don't know why we need a 3rd party payment.. Paypal is already a payment system!!

+1

Why do we need a 3rd party payment system for purchasing with paypal? I don't want to hand over my Paypal Login to a company I never heard of.

In addition, you are introducing € as currency for payments. Will EU players be forced to pay with their currency? I am asking, because there is some smell of a 1$:1€ scam in the air.....
Yeh if in anyway we get screwed over for conversion to buy your pixel presents i will not be buying anymore.

PS not every country on the European Continent uses EURO's

British people are proud Europeans despite not being governed by Brussels in the near future and we use pound sterling!

p.s take my money ££££
#StandardLivesMatter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info