3.0 Crit Fireball Inquisitor 462k Shaper DPS - 3.1 Tree Updated

General Overview
I have been wanting to play with fireball for a while now because of the MTX and I decided on making one for Inquisitor. Leveling is troublesome up until 2nd ascendancy, after that, it becomes a breeze. Overall, pretty fun character and Shaper viable.

Youtube Video for More In-Depth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkzKqqR1xW8

DPS Numbers?

138k Tooltip UNBUFFED DPS (GMP Linked)
189k Tooltip DPS w/ FLASKS and GOLEM (GMP Linked)
202k Tooltip DPS UNBUFFED DPS (Faster Projectiles Linked)
265k Tooltip DPS w/ FLASKS AND GOLEM (Faster Projectiles Linked)
332k POB Shaper DPS Fully Buffed (GMP Linked)
344k POB Trash Mob DPS Fully Buffed (GMP Linked)
462k POB Shaper DPS Fully BUFFED (Faster Projectiles Linked)
478k POB Trash Mob DPS Fully BUFFED (Faster Projectiles Linked)

Why Faster Projectiles and not Slower Projectiles? Are you stupid?
Slower Projectiles does give me 100k~ bonus DPS over Faster Projectiles for sure, but the reason I prefer Faster Projectiles is so that my fireball can travel further and travel quicker. Slower Proj actually makes my fireball go super fucking slow because I don't have any proj speed in my passive points and gear. I figured that Faster Projectiles is a better QOL in the long term of things even though I lose 100k~ DPS.

Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/W0Ag9zMP

Main Gem Links Setup

1) Fireball - GMP/Faster Projectiles Support - Increased Critical Strikes Support - Increased Critical Damage Support - Faster Casting Support - Elemental Focus Support
a) If you choose to not run a Pledge of Hands, take our Critical Damage Support for Spell Echo Support.

2) Warlord's Mark - Blasphemy - Increased AOE - Enlighten
a) Inc. AOE is to enlarge Warlord's Mark radius

3) Lightning Golem - Clarity - Enlighten - Vaal Haste
a) This is just my clusterfuck of essential gems that I needed. Only real link here is Clarity with Enlighten to sustain mana when not in Warlord's Mark range.

4) Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Faster Casting - Decoy Totem
a) Decoy Totem is for boss distractions. Make sure you quality Lightning Warp, Less Duration,
and Faster Casting, for super smooth movement skilling.

Equipment/Gear

Shaper/Guardian Viable?
Yes, I beat Hydra, Phoenix, Minotaur, and Shaper with this.
I couldn't beat Chimera with it though, too many gimmicks in that fight and my Inquisitor doesn't have a way to counter it or survive in the smoke phase.

UPDATED TREE FOR 3.1

ADDED IN MORE LIFE IN PLACE OF MISSING VAAL PACT.

Last edited by asphyxiaPOE on Dec 11, 2017, 5:27:38 PM
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2018, 10:32:20 AM
Why not concentrated effect instead of faster projectiles for bosses? For the 200k increased damage?

(⌐■_■)
"
Why not concentrated effect instead of faster projectiles for bosses? For the 200k increased damage?

Good question, it doesnt work to use conc effect because we want to replace GMP which is a green gem. Conc effect is a blue gem, therefore our only best options are slower proj or faster proj.
Last edited by asphyxiaPOE on Nov 15, 2017, 10:43:37 PM
Any updates for 3.1? Thanks for sharing!

"
Any updates for 3.1? Thanks for sharing!

Here's the updated tree where I dropped Vaal Pact for more life and mana regen sustain.
We now have 5.8k HP with 100 life regen and 200 mana regen, with continued Warlord's Mark curse aura sustain. All gear should be fine for 3.1 abyss league and u are free to swap gear around to make the build work for you. Keep in mind that if you choose to opt out of Pledge of Hands to swap out Crit Damage Support for Spell Echo Support.

https://i.imgur.com/vwjOP1V.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/k4dibJy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GzH3xx3.jpg
Is it possible for you to include a small summary or tips on leveling to make this build? It looks awesome but I'm stuck on what links to start with beyond fireball + gmp, and maybe even another skill to make leveling faster before transitioning to fireball. Also gear is rather annoying, maybe its even better to level with an elemental melee ability that benefits from early nodes because its easier to find / buy uniques that are melee and insane for leveling?

In any case, great guide.

PS: I also wanted to see if this can be done with marauder, a tankier version sacrificing some spell / ele dmg from templar and using chieftan ascendency is it possible?
IGN:
Standard: Draegleic, Avalanchius, Volcanicuus, Aegisdawn, Voidmyth.
Hardcore (Still Alive): Elementux, IWantDualStrike
Current Main (Scourge): TalesOfMight, 91 Ground Slam Chieften
Also why not put one point into the int node above "Light of Divinity" notable, and you can remove the int and dex node to the right saving 1 point. 10 dex isn't worth it to spend an extra point connecting to the rest of the tree. You can always put the point you save this way into the 30 dex node anyway. Is there something I'm missing?
IGN:
Standard: Draegleic, Avalanchius, Volcanicuus, Aegisdawn, Voidmyth.
Hardcore (Still Alive): Elementux, IWantDualStrike
Current Main (Scourge): TalesOfMight, 91 Ground Slam Chieften
"

Also why not put one point into the int node above "Light of Divinity" notable, and you can remove the int and dex node to the right saving 1 point. 10 dex isn't worth it to spend an extra point connecting to the rest of the tree. You can always put the point you save this way into the 30 dex node anyway. Is there something I'm missing?

You can do that, but changing that and adding the extra point to a 30 dex node doesn't change anything for my character personally. You can do that if you wish, extra dex is simply for requirements and I only really needed 10. Having an extra 20 doesn't change any circumstances for me. If you don't have as much dex in your gear and would wish to change that specific area of the tree for a extra 30 dex node, by all means go for it.
Thanks for point it out though. I wasn't aware of it because the life nodes above Light of Divinity were added towards the end of the build when I just wanted more life. I originally didn't have intentions of getting those in the beginning.
I have changed it though for the sake of efficiency amongst the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info