Monster Density in Maps

"we are now trying to normalise the total experience per hour of running that map" monkaS
Looks promising but we have so little information it could really go either way right now (huge buff or huge nerf).

Have you looked at the same time at map mods in general so challenging mods/combinations of challenging mods are actually worth it? You know, risk VS reward?
Although normalizing pack size is a step in the right direction, I'm pretty sure most of the map meta is determined by profit rather than pack size. Vaults dropping abandoned wealth/hoarder and spider forest dropping doctor simply gives them profit potential that even t15-t16 maps have a tough time competing with, especially considering how much less dangerous vaults/spider forest are in comparison.
"
VladeZmaj wrote:
A good idea would be to make the maps with bad layouts have good rewarding div cards or some kind of uniques binded to them. So that would make the pain of running them lesser and would make them more popular in the community for instance the Doctor drop makes Spider Forest the most played map and its layout isn't one of the prime maps that would be run if it weren't for the card.

This.

I don't think trying to normalize XP across the board is exactly right, but any packsize buffs that aren't tied to sextants is a plus. With 126 maps there are some clear winners (linear maps) and losers (mazes/dungeons). If the XP is the same per hour running thickets or strands, then what would be the reason to run the nonlinear thicket map? The only reason would be if you were efficient enough to get more XP per hour from the nonlinear map by being ahead of the curve would you ever even consider running it.

Imagine I asked you if you wanted 6 dollars then I asked you if you wanted 6 dollar bills or 600 pennies. In the end you'd still have 6 dollars, but why would you ever want to go through the extra BS? Tweaking the bosses/drops/div cards from these maps with horrible layouts so that people want to run them makes the most sense to me. Overall it is a positive change.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Nov 13, 2017, 8:15:29 PM
As long as density is higher than it was in 2.6 (let alone 3.0, God help us) then this will be nice. Hope it's not just placebo.

Next up - revert CoC, AoE, double-dipping, and boss HP/no reward changes. We're 1 for 5 with the whole rest of the week to go, come on GGG.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Is this a Dunes nerf disguised as a Cells buff? You know that's not what anyone wants, right?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Woah, increased monster pack size per mod? That's amazing!
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
Last edited by mattislouie on Nov 13, 2017, 8:06:37 PM
I mean you give me the option of running a straight map which requires no backtracking that gives me the same amount of exp of running a map like cells with constant backtracking and walls blocking aoe damage... Why would i pick cells again?
delete all lootboxes
Sounds pretty good o/. I mainly remember a map like Tower being really underpopulated.
It'll probably not fix the issues with maps having annoying layouts like Torture Chamber or Crematorium, but that's still a more than welcome change.
This means more mobs?

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info