[3.16 updated] BRO, DO YOU EVEN SUMMON? Life/ES Dark Pact Skeleton Caster League Starter

Wow! How did u get this gear. I dont play much so my gear is laggin behind...but I do have 3Ex to burn. Yet to complete maps to bother abt dmg and I dont die either Lv87 and 8 watchstones.

I dont want to use Void battery as I wanted to use Despair on hit craft. Seeing ur ring, means rings can have cuse...thts new to me. That means I can have Void battery + curse ring. hmmm on second thot, I dont want VB becuz then i wud have to get PC nodes and they wud be compulsory. This way (rare wands), I m more flexible.

May you share how to craft those wands/dagger. i have these right now (You do cold dmg, I have added lightning for shock)

I m using the same wands as before...However cant afford multi craft mod bcuz I wud use my currency to buy/craft +3 Elder helmet + Empower.
Last edited by dracamancer on Jan 22, 2021, 10:29:36 AM
"
dracamancer wrote:
Wow! How did u get this gear. I dont want VB becuz then i wud have to get PC nodes and they wud be compulsory. This way (rare wands), I m more flexible.

May you share how to craft those wands/dagger. i have these right now (You do cold dmg, I have added lightning for shock)

Im using the same wands as before...However cant afford multi craft mod bcuz I wud use my currency to buy/craft +3 Elder helmet + Empower.

The whole added cold is more of a meme cuz I had extra exalts I didn't need, vaaled Enlighten and 2nd weapon had already cold on it. And these 2 are not great at all, sadly :( Missing at least 150% spell damage there and 2 levels on Summon Skelies.

In trade League you should just go for Void Batteries and forget about changing weapons until later (if even the time comes for that). They are really great. In ideal scenario you want weapons with +1 spells +1 minions +spell/minion damage and crit multy. Crit chance least important there.

The way got mine: just spamming chaoses in Harvest (one of the daggers had dropped with +1 chaos). You can spam everything and get lucky, but crit reroll works better than others.

For your Ring, take an item level Hunter 80+ Ring and use Harvest "reroll Caster". It's pretty easy to hit since the are not many caster mods and the other suffixes you can get is Cast Speed and Ele Weakness on hit.

Later you just play around with other mods to get some nice ES/HP/Resistances and an open prefix.

Altough the ring I'm wearing with 20% Despair is okay , working on a new one and just made a 2nd ring on HP base (Syntehised ES in harvest and Fossil crafted Life until 3rd prefix was open. only need to reroll suffixes).
Spoiler

[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Last edited by zoNiklv on Jan 22, 2021, 10:56:45 PM
Totally not in the mood for VB...want to have custom wands...check these out

And thanx for the ring. I might craft a good curse ring and will remove curse from wand. Will swap tht wand for another +gem wand
Last edited by dracamancer on Jan 23, 2021, 8:25:54 AM
"
dracamancer wrote:
Totally not in the mood for VB...want to have custom wands...check these out

You do you ofc ;) When you decide to get wand upgrades keep in mind 100% spell dmg is as equally important as +1 spells/minion.

For crafting BIS wand, you should aim for Convoking Wand with fractured spell dmg (90%+) and use Fossils to get +2.

After that you play around with suffixes in Harvest ;)
Hmm....Cant find a single convoking wand with added choas dmg and has +1 minion or spell gem. I guess VB is the only way till I can craft such a wand.

Why I didnt want to take VB because it will lock me out of Despair which I will have to get on ring. And I get shock from rare wands.
This will make ring/amulet need:
1. Despair on hit
2. chaos dmg leech
3. Mana mods
Add Life/ES mods then I m left with little space to get good resist ring/amulet AND Dex needed for Dash. Altho, the rings u have are good.
Anyways, If I find a good Despair ring, then I will switch to VB or I will craft if I get enuf currency.
"
dracamancer wrote:
Hmm....Cant find a single convoking wand with added choas dmg and has +1 minion or spell gem. I guess VB is the only way till I can craft such a wand.

Why I didnt want to take VB because it will lock me out of Despair which I will have to get on ring. And I get shock from rare wands.

Convokings are only for crafting, simple wands are just better :) Prolly you can't find +1 minions on trade cuz it's in demand for all ordinary minion builds.

Ofc you need Despair, but you can also get it as an Aura which I did at first with Unset Ring. I would value it above Zealotry and I myself am still not comfortable enough to run Zealotry, rather prefer defensive stuff for now.

Still using Discipline + Flesh and Stone and now Summon Skitterbots. I got my first VB, so that single Cold from Herald is not enough to even chill anything, only white mobs. Same goes for your lightning, it's doubtly works on even Magic Packs - just tickles. Also added chaos Is a very tiny % of DPs damage, just not worth it. Rather just have high spell dmg.

So a little update:
Spoiler

Also working on a Hubris which Shaper finally dropped :)

Spoiler

You can keep Dash at lower levels to avoid Dex requirement, just make it +20% quality!
Last edited by zoNiklv on Jan 24, 2021, 6:09:14 AM
I knew lightning dmg was little to shock but after looking at shocked enemies I thought it does apply to all...SO i was only applying to white mobs huh :facepalm:

Okay, you owned me, VB it is then. Lemme search for a despair ring.

The reason I dont want despair aura cuz then it only apply to nearby mobs, however, when i kite from distance then mobs arnt affected by Despair aura.
Auras: aZealtry + Dsicipline + Clarity
(was using Skiiters instead of zealtry untill i got good mana regen from items to reduce clarity levels)

Nice boots, will use these later on when I have enuf minion life to remove from equipemnt.
I do want highest lvl dash but if nothing else then will reduce lvl.

And again, thnx for the continued support :)
"
dracamancer wrote:
And again, thnx for the continued support :)

Happy to help!

Here is a few ideas you might want to consider:

~ I'm a big advocate of Withering Step. It applies 7 withers (At Lvl 21) and is an instant cast ability. I have it linked with Enchance Support and Arcane Surge. So what it does is providing Arcane Surge on demand with no cast time, 60% movespeed and 30% both dodges. You can either use it and then run into a pack to make it take 50% more damage, or you can stand at close range to a boss and instantly apply 7 withers, no delays! Or just generally reposition yourself. It also doesn't break your movement ability but just uses 1 store charge, so no problems with dashing away.

~ You should really start leveling Empower at least to 3 and replace Unleash. It's a huge boost to Skeleton HP pool. Same as in general trying to get +3 on Helm.

Finished with mine for now, but I'll make another one with hopefully better stats (more hp and ES prefix). Also probably try to use Enchanted Fossils to get some benefit to any part of the kit :)

Spoiler

Slowly but surely getting there^^
"
zoNiklv wrote:

Slowly but surely getting there^^

Slower than you
Check these out
Spoiler

Now its time for Helmet
"
dracamancer wrote:
Slower than you
Check these out
Now its time for Helmet

It's fine, there is no rush and no competition :) Im enjoying the road more than the destination. Besides, I'm almost Level 97 so it makes sense :)

Now that you have Void Batteries, time to spec out of Spiritual Aid. You have alot of added Spell Damage and it makes no sense to keep those until you actually have alot of Minion Damage (if ever). That's the first thing I did after getting mine.

Also nodes around Holy Dominion make no sense. If you want Discipline and Training you should path from Quick Recovery and save 5 skill points there. Instead take Nimbleness and Arcane Expanse for AoE or Arcane Focus for ES.

I assume last power charge on the tree got replaced by something not great :D

As for my updates: did finish 1st ring and got a Glorious Vanity which I like for now. It gives 20% max HP as ES. Almost 10k eHP (5k + 5k) and can be 11k when chest is done ;)

Spoiler

Second ring I want two influenced so it's a little longer term goal, like this one:

Edit: *update* with new Chest I have now 11.6k eHP (5300HP and 6300ES), hopefully it will balance out after some more gear upgrades :)

Spoiler

Path of Building link:

Last edited by zoNiklv on Jan 26, 2021, 6:15:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info