[3.16 updated] BRO, DO YOU EVEN SUMMON? Life/ES Dark Pact Skeleton Caster League Starter

Ive tested your build and Im In love bro!
Only bow is worth alot but rest is simple none min/max stuff.

+lvl 34 DP
*3 Curse
*Lowlife with alot of life gain / leech
*10k ES, 800Life to gain 127% more dmg from dP when sacrifise
*80%+ Crit, 500%+ Multi

some of my items:

Watchers eye: life gain on hit/ 1.5% dmg leech as life.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Last edited by XTEGRS on Feb 23, 2020, 1:18:53 PM
"
Ive tested your build and Im In love bro!

I'm also loving DP and imo it's within Top 5 spells in the game overall (if you consider clear, damage, ease of gearing and how it fares vs all types of content there is) and might be #1 underused.

But past 3 Mil map clear dps and 10 Mil boss dps there is no point in raising it anymore. With free access to gear in Standard you could be doing so much more with your characters. A temp chain self-curse BV/Winter Orb will smash the content so will 400ms+ autobombers.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Buffed again, usual GGG stuff.

"
At least 80% minion Life plus minions created recently can't be damaged in one jewel...

This will probably mean HP will still be drained, but immune to damage skelies means more sustained DPS :)
Last edited by zoNiklv on Feb 25, 2020, 10:48:15 PM
I've been tinkering quite a bit about Dark Pact. Having used it in the past, I'm interesting to see what reasons you'd take the different ascendancies. Could someone with a little more knowledge then me look at my following thoughts?

As I see it:
- Necromancer is easiest to gear. You get bigger skeletons and free levels on all your active skills. Easiest way to scale DP through skeleton life.

- Occulist has the benefit of an additional curse (temp chain or enfeeble) for better defences. You also get some extra clear through profane bloom, which is a quality of life. Easiest to scale through power charges or crit in general.
Unsure at what point the occulist will surpass the necromancer in terms of ascendancy power. Do you require great wands (VB?) to outperform Necro?

- Assassin has the benefit of scaling insanely through crit. Also you get the momvement speed/defenses through elusive. You lose the QoL from Profane Bloom though. Hardest to scale in terms of quality, but potentially the biggest DPS possible. Unsure how to value the defensiveness compared to Occulist.

As I see it now, with the new league being clear-focused, would Occulist be the preferred choice? Or seeing as I'd like to play it as league starter, Necromancer is adviced?
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
TotemLols wrote:
Or seeing as I'd like to play it as league starter, Necromancer is adviced?

We had this discussion recently.

They all can be played as a starter. It's very close between the 3 of them, Assassin is a bit harder to League start, but Occu and Necro are equal.

Occu can also be specced into offensive curses if you so desire and doesn't need VBs to get ahead - the curse (and effect) and the minus res are huge, up to you to make them work.

As the endgame requires you to not cast on skeletons to clear maps fast, Necro will start falling behind. On the opposite Assassin will get better, Bloom you replace with explody stuff or any Herald. Even without explosions hes up to the task.

To sum up, just start with whatever you like and respec later if you feel like it. If you play trade League then you shouldn't worry at all.
Do you guys think Minion Instability would work with this build ?
"
Ninoffmaniak wrote:
Do you guys think Minion Instability would work with this build ?

I very much doubt it. Minion life is high, but you aren't actually scaling it. I doubt it would add much to your boss damage, just having the node by itself. You don't have the sockets to link skeletons with to increase this damage to justify it.
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
Jewel coming in 3.10

Blessed Rebirth: Minions have 20% increased maximum life. Minions created Recently cannot be damaged.

That's good for this build right? Allows max deeps sustain.
"
Eathb wrote:
Jewel coming in 3.10

Blessed Rebirth: Minions have 20% increased maximum life. Minions created Recently cannot be damaged.

That's good for this build right? Allows max deeps sustain.

Yes, this is very good especially for deep delving. Most of the time I had problems at depths 1000+ due to the fact minions are dying alot. Not anymore.

It will trivialize the push to 1000 depth and further. I mostly stopped due to boredom and not due to getting stuck, but now delving will be a breeze.
So, chance the build will get updated in 3.10 then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info