Trade Manifesto

"
Ragna89 wrote:
"
mukavva wrote:
implement an auction house already. this manual trading system from 1980 is trash. scammers and bots everywhere.

Sadly, auction houses got ruined because D3 got greedy and had real money involved which lead to its removal and general infamy on the internet but everyone conveniently forgets that the real money transaction part is what made it ridiculous and bad.
If they kept it to in game currencies only and you couldn't just shove real money at them to obtain said currencies I bet it'd actually work out rather well.

D3's auction house got ruined because of the RMT AH, that doesn't mean AH themselves got ruined wtf.. there are hundreds of games with AH, and though AH don't eliminate price fixing entirely it makes it much less prevalent, it fixes scamming, and it makes it so we don't have to alt tab out of the game we are playing so we can improve our game experience.. which is ridiculous
Last edited by Pamphilo on Sep 18, 2020, 6:36:37 AM
"
Pamphilo wrote:
"
Ragna89 wrote:
"
mukavva wrote:
implement an auction house already. this manual trading system from 1980 is trash. scammers and bots everywhere.

Sadly, auction houses got ruined because D3 got greedy and had real money involved which lead to its removal and general infamy on the internet but everyone conveniently forgets that the real money transaction part is what made it ridiculous and bad.
If they kept it to in game currencies only and you couldn't just shove real money at them to obtain said currencies I bet it'd actually work out rather well.

D3's auction house got ruined because of the RMT AH, that doesn't mean AH themselves got ruined wtf.. there are hundreds of games with AH, and though AH don't eliminate price fixing entirely it makes it much less prevalent, it fixes scamming, and it makes it so we don't have to alt tab out of the game we are playing so we can improve our game experience.. which is ridiculous
Well let's just say that the biggest argument against an AH I've seen has always been something like "Well it didn't work in D3 so obviously those suck" or "You want an AH? I don't want to pay money to buy loot so no thanks." I'm all for an AH so long as the RMT stay far away from it btw.
Last edited by Ragna89 on Sep 18, 2020, 7:45:43 AM
look at albion online have auction house and game is free to play like poe
do they have problems ? nop
The more believable reason they wont bother implementing an AH is because people currently use poe.trade etc and GGG doesn't need to deal with upkeep and maintenance of one of the biggest parts of their game.

The alternative is the cost of implementing something that already exists (albeit in a horrible form) and be responsible for bug fixing etc when things inevitably go wrong.

All of the arguments against an AH are irrelevant when it's put in context that poe.trade etc already exist and that trading already occurs.

The logical conclusion therefore is that despite overwhelming desire for a better user experience, GGG doesn't care and instead would prefer to continually release the same game mechanics over and over again with different coats of paint while strongly ignoring the major flaws in their game. :P

Chris's arguments against an AH are just fluff. I also think PoE as a whole has run away from GGG to the point they have no idea how to fix the flaws in this game (AKA one shot, poor flasks system, reliance on uniques, defenses etc) and will just ride it out till PoEs end. I'm pessimistic though. I wish Blizzard would do Diablo justice with D4, achieving success to the point it forces GGG to actually work on their game. But Blizzard haven't made a good game since 2003 so I'm not expecting anything to change for the better here haha!
"
Void_Seer wrote:
The more believable reason they wont bother implementing an AH is because people currently use poe.trade etc and GGG doesn't need to deal with upkeep and maintenance of one of the biggest parts of their game.

The alternative is the cost of implementing something that already exists (albeit in a horrible form) and be responsible for bug fixing etc when things inevitably go wrong.

All of the arguments against an AH are irrelevant when it's put in context that poe.trade etc already exist and that trading already occurs.

The logical conclusion therefore is that despite overwhelming desire for a better user experience, GGG doesn't care and instead would prefer to continually release the same game mechanics over and over again with different coats of paint while strongly ignoring the major flaws in their game. :P

Chris's arguments against an AH are just fluff. I also think PoE as a whole has run away from GGG to the point they have no idea how to fix the flaws in this game (AKA one shot, poor flasks system, reliance on uniques, defenses etc) and will just ride it out till PoEs end. I'm pessimistic though. I wish Blizzard would do Diablo justice with D4, achieving success to the point it forces GGG to actually work on their game. But Blizzard haven't made a good game since 2003 so I'm not expecting anything to change for the better here haha!

new players not playing this game or not hooking up bcoz of no auction house new players have no single idea how to sell items n prices so they get scammed easy sry for bad english but if this game need more than 50k active players they have to add AH to this game otherwise this game stay small and behind diablo franchise and half of game population filled with botters
Last edited by kekoyaso on Oct 11, 2020, 6:41:04 AM
ty so much GGG for ban bots this league!!!

<3 all

pls keep bannin all bots this and next league too!

pls GGG dont stop ban bots!

TY
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Void_Seer wrote:

yo dude, check this out first:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/duplicates/jcsole/hey_ggg_could_we_get_an_explanation_or_why_this/

Turns out a better trading experience is already developed. Just not for us...
Four word is "We so love BDSM"
"
On the trade market, we're experimenting with the opposite end of the trade spectrum, where it's very easy to complete trades but more difficult to find the exact item you're looking for. You can search broadly by a specific item class or type, but have to look through a lot of search results to find the one you want to make an offer on. This system intentionally makes the search process harder and the trade process easier, for quite a different trade experience. We're not planning to bring it to the international PC version of Path of Exile.

50 shades if grey:
"
sick bastard

"
People who are heavily engaged in trade perform fewer item upgrades to achieve their final build. They get there in fewer steps, because they can easily buy items that are close to what they need. Simply put, their character progression is more about trading than it is about getting items from monsters. We believe that it is more fun to slowly and iteratively upgrade a character over time and to have a longer journey to gear a character up. Knowing that a monster could drop something that improves your character is a great motivator for playing one more level!

Complitely wrong, the game is not about "getting items from monsters for your gear" at all!
Pls, play your own game more than 1 hour.
Last edited by IlluminatusII on Oct 23, 2020, 12:41:21 PM
"
Pls, play your own game more than 1 hour.
He did, and even got to Mud Plains - it was fun! Then he spawned tabula with console and did the same, and it was too easy. Ergo, getting stuff easy is bad.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Nov 18, 2020, 2:25:36 AM
As far as I am concerned any efforts to complicate and discourage botting are perfectly cool with me.

Botting and RMT culture has completely runied this game for me. SSF only from now on. It is specifically the trade culture... the gate keeping, the sniping of build upgrades via poe.ninja, and the "I got mine so eff you" mentality about this games player base is honestly the only thing keeping me from wanting to play the game. the trade economy is a showcase of the ugliest parts of capitalism and human nature... I hate it.
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info