Harbinger Content Integration

"
gubaguy wrote:
Horizon orbs helped SSF fill atlas and made mapping fun, so we removed them.

Harbinger orbs allowd players to get to endgame faster and have more fun, so we removed them.

Players liked the new harbinger uniques and found new endgame builds with them and had fun with them, so we removed them.

Players who were unable to farm up currency to get GG items like kaoms or headhunter enjoyed ancients, so we removed them.

Players were too stupid to figure out that engineers orbs were OP, so we removed them.

Players were too stupid to use Bindings as alchs and for leveling, so we are removing them.

Streamers have figured out how to make even more GG items using annulments as eternals so they can continue to run mirror servies to hoard massive quantities of currencies for their RMT sales so they never have to work a day in their life, so becuase of streamer pressure we are keeping them in, and making sure to point out very publicly how they are in fact just eternals, but only for streamers, who RMT, and we know it, but do nothign about it, becuase they pay us lots of money to make 'custom uniques', and not bribe us to continue their illegal practices.

1000x THIS

All three Gs stand for greed.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Qarl wrote:

None of the unique items from Harbinger will be added to the core game, and will only be available when the league is available from Zana. The Flow Untethered and The Tempest's Binding did have features that were popular with players, and you may see the key features of these items appear in another way in 3.1.0.

Kinda disappointed that the tempest's binding didn't make it to core game.
Fun nerfed again. Move along, nothing to see here. Meh.....
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Sounds like you guys wasted a lot of time in this last one if you choose not to use very little of your creation. I highly enjoyed the new items and things. I feel if you made them rarer and more like a unstable situation (1/25 a tare in map creation where only half the number portal spawn or only 1 with one or two harbinger) if would still benefit the player. I played SSF Harbinger all league and it allowed me to achieve a level that I have never achieve before. With RNG I found the horizon orb only useful if you happen to have ten. Ancient orbs are like a happy statement of joy(lotto ticket) that never actually work. Another great league thrown into the toilet.
It's a shame that you are removing Harbinger and Horizon orbs. They truly made the game much more enjoyable for me, and I honestly believe that they made the game better for a lot of players. They provided the much needed flexibility while mapping.

Meanwhile you are keeping annulments orbs in the game, which are used by very low amount of people and does not improve the actual gameplay. It's sad to say I am disappointed by this decision.
"
Completed 31 ChallengesKagari wrote:
Access to old leagues through Zana is really starting to show it limits. I wonder why standard couldn't keep the league stone from legacy.

An other olution would be to give Zana a mini skill tree so we could customize the maps we open in the map device depending on her "build".

Some cool league mechanics are too scarce and other are too limited to be part of the choice zana currently offers.

Genius. An option like this is exactly what is needed. I agree with most of what you guys are going to do but as insanely important as Zana was this league to get to 8 as fast as possible to get breaches, I don't think that much importance should be put on any one master. You saw the insane mess Zana was this league, people paying for her dailys in currency..beggining for her dailys just to be able to roll breaches on map. Can you imagine what is going to happen when you put the ability to get Harbinger Orbs/Harbinger Uniques on her also? This game is 100 percent going to revolve around Zana. While I do believe that Zana is needed, I don't think GGG realizes what they are going to do in regards to her importance. There needs to be somesort of a Zana rework or how you access Zana's mods/leagues. There was alrdy so much insanity this league to get her to 8 asap, can you imagine what it will be like next league if there is no rework?
Adam Gross
Last edited by ADHDrunsme on Nov 2, 2017, 6:43:35 PM
I strongly disagree with these changes. I feel the Harbingers add a lot of fun to the game as a mini-challenge, and the shards that they drop are great. If anything stop them from dropping lower tier shards like alteration and transformation shards, and make their presence a bit rarer so they're still here, but not playing as big of a role as before.

I also disagree with removal of Orb of Binding. I just don't think people think to use it when they go to craft, I've made a lot of great items with them, and it eliminates trying to link something, so it has it's purpose. Removal is another step backwards.

And to be honest the orb content shouldn't be shrinking, I bought the currency tab for all the current currency to fit in places nice and neatly. Without the shards, Ancient Orb's, Binding Orbs, Engineer Orbs and others I have open slots for nothing...

I really don't understand the removal of content that people are praising you guys for. You're just going backwards now. If Harbinger is such a success, why not build on that? Instead it sounds like you're deleting it, and this is honestly a terrible decision because all these removal's are going to hurt.

The reason Harbinger was played by more players than ever before is because it's the best this game has ever been and got people talking about it again. Before you make all these drastic removals I think you should take a vote. The people just getting used to the game on Xbox are also going to be left scratching their heads.
good, i hated harbingers. they were annoying as shit and i hated being 1hko by them even with 12khp.
Glad the Harbingers are going away.

I ordinarily approve of changes to make the game more difficult (sorta miss the days of Hailrake one-shotting you from off-screen). However, definitely saddened to hear that some of the new orbs are going away. Ancient Orb was especially nice for those of us who can't play 12 hours a day. Gives us another chance at an awesome item.

Keep the new orbs! Just adjust the drop rates as you see fit to maintain balance....
I am fine with this core league mechanic moving to a potential Zana mod.

However I really enjoyed Horizon orbs. Yes it made the Atlas "easier" but it wasn't game breaking by any means; it more fun and less of a grind.

I feel like the vanilla Atlas progression is too difficult, slow, and tedious for casual players (i.e. < 3 hours a night). In my standard league I played for many months I _still_ don't have it filled out and it gets so old rolling tons of currency on a map to hope for a drop one tier above. My friend I played with every single day ended up quitting in frustration because we couldn't get all four guardians and make it to Shaper. This is the first league I've ever made it to end game and it was far more enjoyable. I got to play 4 different builds. I play every day, but am not a pro level streamer level player and I feel like GGG is only seeing them when they make these decisions. Heck they even published stats on how few people make it to the Shaper. Why would you not want a game where people can make it there in 3 months time?

Make Horizon orbs a super rare drop or something. Why remove it? It fixes the otherwise broken mechanic of the Atlas. Otherwise I will just end up trading for maps, which is really stupid. Clear sign game is broken.

Very frustrating. I've given this company so much damn cash because I like the game ... but holy hell do they make it hard to keep going with odd decisions like this.
Last edited by CyberYeti on Nov 2, 2017, 8:16:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info