Harbinger Content Integration

100%
That feels about right, really.

I'm going to miss Orbs of Binding; starting from bupkis in a new league is agonizing enough without having to wear whites and/or wait until level 60+ to get decent links set up. But for the most part? I didn't really care for Harbinger and was slightly cringy of its odds of being introduced into the main game. The currency options were cool ideas and I'll miss the currency shards as well - semi-regular Chaos shard drops were a nice way for slow earners like me to pile on a bit of extra spending money over time - but honestly...yeah. Most of the new currency types feel a little forced, or like they have only one worthwhile use (i.e. Ancient Orb-ing to try and grab chase uniques, Engineer's Orbs being useless on anything but white Diviner's boxes, etc). No need to clutter stuff up with Harbinger drip-outs. Annulments being an Exalt-level Scour sort of dealio, where you can try and maybe-get-lucky on scrubbing off the one crap mod on a great piece of gear? That's cool. But the rest of it is ehhhh...

'Course, I didn't really engage with harbinger properly in the first place, I suppose. Found it moderately boring, despite the 3.0.0 release. 3.0.0 is awesome. Harbinger League itself didn't grab me, so I'm glad to see it not take up space that could be used later by a more "Wowzas!" league.

Besides. it's not like they can't add "You will encounter a Harbinger" to Sextant mods or the Prophecy system or any of that jazz even outside of Zana mods, ne? Prophecy especially is just awesome for that sort of thing.
Great potential but not good enough for you to keep at least the engineering orb around? What a waste.
I am willing to live with permanent Harbingers in game if that means keeping Harbinger Orbs and Horizon. I really don't agree with GGG on this one even if I don't find Harbinger encounters particularly good. For the majority of players who shape their atlas a specific way, the orbs did nothing, but for everyone like me who enjoys unlocking every map possible and running different tilesets, it was an amazing tool. Plus having a way to get rid of some of the shit tier maps (that shaped atlas-ers don't have to deal with) was fantastic.
What about the Harbinger Beachhead map? I thought this map would be a nice addition to the few existing unique maps. All GGG would need to do, is change the loot tables so that it doesn't drop the Harbinger League materials that are not being transferred into the core game.

And since the Harbinger's Orb are being removed, keeping Beachhead as the highest xp/hour map is fine, because it will be much rarer if it just becomes a map you can only find from killing monsters.
*opens tab*
"...Harbinger will be available from Zana..."
*closes tab*

Sorry, but say whatever you want about Harbinger or League X. I won't write down more thoughts, when others already have.

Spoiler
"
LeGardien wrote:
Edit:
This is MY opinion, but it was shared by other players I've talked to

After playing this game for about 3 years, it really looks like GGG has a real problem with integrating league content to the core game...

Harbinger mechanics was, in my opinion (and that opinion seems to be shared by quite a lot of people) a true pain in the a**.

The currencies however were simply awesome! Most of the reasons given in this manifesto for their decision are, let me be honest, totally stupid...

Annulement orbs: okay, I liked those (although real craft is still only available to players who stack a ton of currency)

Horizon/Harbinger orbs: they were really useful for more "casual" players.
"
we felt it took a lot away from unlocking the Atlas, and made jumping up map tiers too easy.

Who cares???? Currently, the "elite" of players reaches T16 in maybe a week! Who gives a damn if they could do it in 6 days instead? No one does but them (and GGG it seems).
Meanwhile, a lot of player simply stops playing because they get stuck at a lower tier and are bored of running 20x the same map, expecting to loot a +1tier map not already unlocked.

Orbs of binding made leveling easier when playing self-found. Nothing to add.
Actually yes there's something to add: what's the point to finding only 3 binding orbs while leveling 1=>50 and then getting 50+ of those when mapping?

Engineer's orbs: I personnaly like those, but found them pretty much useless due to the scarcity of interesting strongboxes... I mean, I leveled two characters to 85 and 89 and haven't seen a single cartographer strongbox!

But really the worst part is:
"
Harbinger will be available from Zana as a league option in the future

STOP THIS. Zana's mods is a dumb thing!
The mods are crazy expensive! I won't discuss the fact that you can loot some legacy items, but I really want to point out that it makes FUN content unavailable to a lot of players!
I personnaly really liked Beyond and Invasion, but haven't ever run a single Invasion mod simply because of its cost. Same goes for Perandus.
And making things "random in maps only" is cool if you run something like 30 maps a day, otherwise who cares? A lot of players in my guild haven't open a single breach as they were simply non existent... So yeah, Breach was extremely rewarding (exp, loot...) but most importantly it was FUN! And we don't get that fun part anymore.

As someone mentionned in this thread, why not make a customisable Zana tree with mods or leaguestones? Players could chose what they liked!
It's sad that a lot of interesting content is often dumped once the league ends...

Has anyone gathered enough gold coins and traded them for a Headhunter to Perandus? I kinda doubt it...
"
devilmz wrote:
Was much consideration given to the unshattered will?

Was this shield not pretty much a BiS for channelling builds? Seems like a shame to lose something so powerful

Yes, exactly what I mentioned from my post last night. Why in the world would they not mention it?
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
No one noticed that the only currency that goes to core game is the only one that has a location in the currency tab ?

"we felt that ... was not of great interest ..."

Seriously, it is clear that only annulment orb was planned for core game, and not the others, just from the beginning of the league.
Why not assume that and try to explain with arguments that all have been voided in this thread ?
Statistics about the use of the orbs has nothing to do with this final "choice".

The other currencies were a test to gauge impacts, but not a plan for core game.

Remark on the currency tab : the annulment and augmentation orb location should be inverted
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Nov 2, 2017, 3:33:30 PM
"The Ancient Orb was not of great interest, except in cases where it provided the most value, and shortcut access to the most chase items. We feel the shortcut it provides is too great, therefore it will not be added to the core game."

YOUR TALKING OF HEAD HUNTER, JUST SAY ITS NAME....... SAY IT! YOUR METRO SEXUAL CREATURES..,!
"
Qarl wrote:

The two map rerolling currency items (Orb of Horizons and Harbinger's Orbs) are not something we want to keep in the core game. While they provided players a lot of flexibility in mapping, we felt it took a lot away from unlocking the Atlas, and made jumping up map tiers too easy.

Yeah, they took away all the boring, useless grind. How anyone could think that's a bad thing is beyond me.
And it's not like you couldn't just adjust the drop-rate, you did that before with other league-specifics.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info