[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

Hehe. Thanks. tbh. When I first made this build. I didn't even know if it could do Shaper. I was like I'm tired of dying. Defense! More Defense! ALL THE DEFENSE!
(⌐■_■)
What's the best way to proc the 10% block on attack from Bastion of Hope ?

To keep it up it means interrupting Scorching ray every few seconds, and i don't like to use Shield Charge for this as moving breaks the Soul of Tukohama stacks. Counterattacks don't work either, is there any better way than random melee attack (vigilant strike maybe) + attack in place ?
"
Axylxys wrote:

To keep it up it means interrupting Scorching ray every few seconds, and i don't like to use Shield Charge for this as moving breaks the Soul of Tukohama stacks. Counterattacks don't work either, is there any better way than random melee attack (vigilant strike maybe) + attack in place ?

Hi, I personally don't think that 10% is very essential/critical/important, because with 65% block chance to attack and 90% physical damage reduction (your armour eg: mine is 47k + tukohama pantheon), you can facetank any heavy physical damage which including:

Shaper's slam (6-man party),
Minotaur's slam and burrow (6-man party),
Dominus's slam (Tier 14 Palace map),
Malachai's Slam (Tier 13 Core map),
Voll's Slam (Tier 10 Wasteland map),
Uber Izaro's slam.
Last edited by FindingTomatoOnFloor on Mar 23, 2018, 9:02:06 AM
"
Axylxys wrote:

Unfortunately, I think our best bet would still be vigilant strike just because it gives us guaranteed fortify. It is weird that counterattacks don't trigger it though, as the wording doesn't indicate a difference.

If you don't want to use a melee skill you can try any random attack skill like spectral shield throw, which is a projectile if you don't want to move. As long as it says 'attack' in the skill gem. And you have to actively use it aka click a button (so no minions or totems). It should work, unless there is a bug.

"

Hi, I personally don't think that 10% is very essential/critical/important, because with 65% block chance to attack and 90% physical damage reduction (your armour eg: mine is 47k + tukohama pantheon), you can facetank any heavy physical damage which including:

Shaper's slam (6-man party),
Minotaur's slam and burrow (6-man party),
Dominus's slam (Tier 14 Palace map),
Malachai's Slam (Tier 13 Core map),
Voll's Slam (Tier 10 Wasteland map),
Uber Izaro's slam.

Correct. Though. I think Dominus is mostly lightning damage.

Also, we actually don't have 90% pdr vs the highest hits. The damage calculations has us around 40-50% physical damage reduction even with 60k armor. This has to do with way armor is calculated. It gives less phys reduction the bigger the phys attack.

So for small hits. We feel nothing. But for extremely big hits. It still hurts quite a bit.

IE: Shaper does 17k phys damage or 22k if it critical hits. We nominally take around 6-9k damage depending on whether you have fortify up and any other endurance charges or tukohama.

Only a Juggernaut with 11 endurance charges and comparable armor 40-60k armor. Would truly have 90% phys resistance for everything. Around 70-90%. This is because endurance charges gives out flat phys reduction and not a percent like armor. A juggernaut for example woudl have 55% physical resistance with 0 armor and 11 endurance charges. But combined with 60k armor and tukohama. This would add up to around 90%.

Of course, Juggernauts also have lower lifepools. So, in the end we'll always out tank them vs one hit elemental damage.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
Correct. Though. I think Dominus is mostly lightning damage.

Also, we actually don't have 90% pdr vs the highest hits. The damage calculations has us around 40-50% physical damage reduction even with 60k armor. This has to do with way armor is calculated. It gives less phys reduction the bigger the phys attack.

So for small hits. We feel nothing. But for extremely big hits. It still hurts quite a bit.

IE: Shaper does 17k phys damage or 22k if it critical hits. We nominally take around 6-9k damage depending on whether you have fortify up and any other endurance charges or tukohama.

Only a Juggernaut with 11 endurance charges and comparable armor 40-60k armor. Would truly have 90% phys resistance for everything. Around 70-90%. This is because endurance charges gives out flat phys reduction and not a percent like armor. A juggernaut for example woudl have 55% physical resistance with 0 armor and 11 endurance charges. But combined with 60k armor and tukohama. This would add up to around 90%.

Of course, Juggernauts also have lower lifepools. So, in the end we'll always out tank them vs one hit elemental damage.

You were right, I just tried to tank dominus's punch in 6-man party, it hurt a lot, but thx to our huge ehp 10k es, I did not 1 shot by him haha. But I have no problem whn I solo ^^.
Do you have any tip to leveling this build ? It's excruciating... We have almost no defense and very low DPS.

It's the worst leveling experience I've ever seen.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Last edited by wichtounet on Mar 24, 2018, 3:19:03 PM
"
wichtounet wrote:
Do you have any tip to leveling this build ? It's excruciating... We have almost no defense and very low DPS.

It's the worst leveling experience I've ever seen.

Well, you are not wrong. The way the build is set-up you have 3 bumps where you gain all your defense and you experience a huge jump in immortality. Until then it's a drag. It's one of the reasons this build didn't exist in 2.6 when aegis aurora was at its best.

These bumps in defense are namely
lvl 45 - Anvil.
lvl 46 - Advancing Fortress
Lab Ascendancy #1

lvl 62 - Aegis Aurora
lvl 66 - Shaper Glove
Lab Ascendancy #2

x5 Reckless Defense Jewels
Lab Ascendancy #3

One advice I can give you is reroll your health flasks you find using transmute orbs till you get one or two with instant recovery. As that'll help your survivability right now.

As for leveling, I'd use a hybrid totem build with SR at its base and respec to this build later.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1904823/page/1

You can modify the tree a little bit to fit your needs till you gather all the necessary gear.

Edit: For damage. You can duel equip pyre rings at lvl 11. The cheaper rings go for about 1c each.

(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Mar 24, 2018, 9:26:42 PM
Just use two Poet pens for leveling with the classic volatile setup, you can sell them when you're done to get back their cost.

This took me to lvl 70 in 5 hours with 1200 hp and only a few deaths. Using grace + determination makes you surprisingly tanky even with almost no hp node. I used the praxis ring to cover mana costs, goldrim and random gear for the resists, a leather belt with a lot of HP and some jewels with resists and random stats.
Last edited by Axylxys on Mar 25, 2018, 5:50:39 AM
Thanks guys.

"
RPGlitch wrote:
Well, you are not wrong. The way the build is set-up you have 3 bumps where you gain all your defense and you experience a huge jump in immortality. Until then it's a drag. It's one of the reasons this build didn't exist in 2.6 when aegis aurora was at its best.

These bumps in defense are namely
lvl 45 - Anvil.
lvl 46 - Advancing Fortress
Lab Ascendancy #1

lvl 62 - Aegis Aurora
lvl 66 - Shaper Glove
Lab Ascendancy #2

x5 Reckless Defense Jewels
Lab Ascendancy #3

One advice I can give you is reroll your health flasks you find using transmute orbs till you get one or two with instant recovery. As that'll help your survivability right now.

As for leveling, I'd use a hybrid totem build with SR at its base and respec to this build later.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1904823/page/1

You can modify the tree a little bit to fit your needs till you gather all the necessary gear.

Edit: For damage. You can duel equip pyre rings at lvl 11. The cheaper rings go for about 1c each.

I haven't had a lot of time to play, so I'm still quite low now, but it seems you are right with the bumps. I felt the first one, but it's starting to wear off.

Compared to the leveling trees proposed in the first page, I made quite some changes and added a lot of life and some spell damage and it really helps. It's not great now, but it's bearable.

I will soon do the second lab, it should help a bit with block.

"
Axylxys wrote:
Just use two Poet pens for leveling with the classic volatile setup, you can sell them when you're done to get back their cost.

This took me to lvl 70 in 5 hours with 1200 hp and only a few deaths. Using grace + determination makes you surprisingly tanky even with almost no hp node. I used the praxis ring to cover mana costs, goldrim and random gear for the resists, a leather belt with a lot of HP and some jewels with resists and random stats.

Thanks. That's very good in standard, but cannot really afford a few deaths in HC :P
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Is there any alternative skill you could use for dueling with this build? I'm unkillable, but once people realize they can't kill you, you can't kill them either because scorching ray does literally nothing against people who run around pillars.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info