No more new micro-meta-currency loot in the next leagues, please

...unless you give us a bottomless currency pouch.

How do most people play? Pick up orbs and shards, and keep half of them for crafting inside maps.
You never know if a carto or other good box shows up after you used your last portal,
so people keep a scoure, alch and chaos orbs with them.
Trans, alts, augs, chromes, fuses, jewellers, stones, scraps, also have their permanent places in our inventories. Div cards are pretty common too.

Then we need to make room for occasional breach splinters, which aren't that bad since they are rare and usually all done within 1-2 portals used.
But now we also need to squeeze in 10 of these harbinger shards

Ancient Shard
Annulment Shard
Binding Shard
Chaos Shard
Engineer's Shard
Exalted Shard
Harbinger's Shard
Horizon Shard
Mirror Shard
Regal Shard

GIVE US A BREAK??
We ain't got room for any normal loot after all this shit!

It was fine 10 years ago in vanilla, but now with all this new stuff you've turned the game into a
"junk yard scavenger tetris simulator"... People are constantly stopping to adjust and arrange their inventories, can't fit this, do I need this, how much is this worth.

You have go to give us a currency pouch that can hold all the shards and orbs in the game,
because this... this path you're on is just bullshit.
What's the game like in 5 years? We got room to pick up ONE item 'cos 99% of the bag is a bunch of new currency-shard-fragment-dust ??

"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2017, 9:41:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They'll import another wonderful idea from another game: charms that give stats if you keep them into your inventory.
"
Elemenz wrote:
What's the game like in 5 years? We got room to pick up ONE item 'cos 99% of the bag is a bunch of new currency-shard-fragment-dust ??

Don't be silly!
After some time they will just offer you to buy a "Currency Premium Quad Stash Tab"
LOL
"
Apachy wrote:
"
Elemenz wrote:

Don't be silly!
After some time they will just offer you to buy a "Currency Premium Quad Stash Tab"
LOL

I don't mind the amount of currencies and loot itself, but having my bag full all the time and the need to visit the stash so frequently is what bothers me.
They could add a horadric cube type of quest item, some magical soul link pouch that is connected with your stash, so you can dump all these orbs+ shards+ cards into your stash without having to portal out,
so you can just focus on killing monsters, clearing a zone and checking out the gear drops.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
I guess you underestimate the income from stash tab sales.

More likely expect either even more fragmented micro loot, or the opposite - items with increased size. Of course I also leave the door open for common small size objects but of excessive quantity (same as essences, leaguestones, etc.).
There are just too many opportunities to manage the stash tab sales, it's hard to predict.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2017, 7:17:46 AM
it's called decision pain and games usually build on that technique to challenge the player.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Never had this problem in the last year or so. You're just picking too much stuff. But I do empathise with you. In my first 4 years I bought around 20 stash tabs to fit all my stuff in every new league. Now I never use more than 4, which is what you get with a brand new account.
I do think currency stash tab is almost mandatory, but I don't think this thread is what it's about.

Your problem is you're not organised around efficiency at all. And that's your problem, not the game's. If you use all 6 portals of a map - you pick up too much stuff or you die too often. The amounts of currencies you mentioned that take up space in your inventory - you shouldn't even be picking up 70% of those. Let alone always carry them around with you. Since you like lists, here's a list of items you should not be picking up in maps (assuming you're not playing SSF, which you obviously aren't):
Binding shards
Horizon shards
Engineer's shards
Annulment shards
trans
alts
augs
chromes
jewellers (arguably)
scraps
most div cards
99% of item drops

I know you like to pick EVERYTHING up, but that's your problem again, not the game's. I fill up one inventory every 3 maps, and I use 4 stash tabs in a league. I could probably make do with 3, but I'm a bit lazy sometimes as well.
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
"
MBQ wrote:

I know you like to pick EVERYTHING up, but that's your problem again, not the game's.

Of course the problem is on the game's side, and selective looting is not just a workaround, but restrictive and inconvenient for players.
It's obvious, or should be, why it's done this way - expanding the inventory literally means free storage (stash) space.

In GD for ex. you may have up to five additional inventory bags, auto-sorting and management, and it's hardly considered a bad thing by anyone.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2017, 7:24:26 AM
"
torturo wrote:
It's obvious, or should be, why it's done this way - expanding the inventory literally means free storage (stash) space.

In GD for ex. you may have up to five additional inventory bags, auto-sorting and management, and it's hardly considered a bad thing by anyone.

I certainly see the appeal of denouncing any business move as a conspiracy theory to earn more money, but I prefer to see things in a different light or quite possibly even the opposite.

The fact that you do NOT have these pay-for-more-inventory pouches scheme shows that GGG is not interested in that. If they were, they would align that with stash tab sales. You can buy a limitless amount of stashes if you want and fill them with 1alteration worth items and still call out GGG on their money mongering schemes by saying that mobs drop too many white items.

Having said that, I'm sure you're a bit better than that. Now the next step is to realize that selective picking is also a way that GGG makes you play the game, rather than an inventory tetris or inventory management simulator. The goal of GGG is for you to play the game, not hoard stashes of items, because 1) you can't sell that stuff; and 2) most of that stuff is crap. Now whether you can distinguish between crap and a valuable item is a whole different story. But if you complain about that, I think you can run circles around yourself all day and blame everyone. I choose to rather enjoy the game for what it is and possibly learn something new every day.

p.s. I've played about half a dozen games where you can expand your inventory pouches or whatever. They all resort eventually to a scheme where you drop so many valuable items, effectively forcing you to upgrade your pouches, which they excuse themselves by saying you can do that with ingame currency (possibly months of farming to do it), or spend real dollars on it. If GGG allowed that, I'm sure there would be hundreds of threads explaining GGG's conspiracy of item drop rates and a must to expand the inventory as well.
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
"
MBQ wrote:

I certainly see the appeal of denouncing any business move as a conspiracy theory to earn more money

It's not a theory but a business practice, and you have the chance to observe it live. If you are willing to, ofc.

"
The fact that you do NOT have these pay-for-more-inventory pouches scheme shows that GGG is not interested in that.

Not interested in what? Making money?

What made this game to go live and grow bigger over time, was the ethics and keeping certain promises. One of these promises was to never integrate p2w or pay-for-convenience features (they didn't keep on the latter btw).

GGG have no other choice but to remain "ethical", as long as any wrong move would mean to commit a glorious sucide.
But that doesn't mean they have no different approaches in cash milking, nor lack of interest in it. But exactly the opposite.

BTW I don't consider that a bad thing, as ggg need funding to continue the development.
My personal problem is, that these certain practices escalated to a point at which they influent the gameplay and QoL.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2017, 9:12:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info