No more new micro-meta-currency loot in the next leagues, please

They are going to introduce 2 new pouches that your character wears to carry these items.

One is a shard pouch.
Two is a dust bag/pouch (exact wording is still being refined)

These will be available to purchase for 200 points each in the MTX shop (which will have a bigger ui button so it cant be missed)

These pouches are a visible fixture to your avatar and the current design is a bit ugly!

However... another mtx will soon be available to change their appearance to make them more appealing. These will be 200 points in the mtx shop.
"
Garr0t wrote:
As to the disruptive tangent on GGG and MTX, I agree with vio. The reason why I keep buying supporter packs is that GGG's revenue model is one of the least 'greed influenced' models I've seen in an f2p game, bearing in mind any successful business has to have a viable revenue model.

I honestly have a hard time following the perspective of any thread topic where the issue is the 'high price' of MTX or the 'unfairness' of the GGG MTX model. Nothing available for purchase directly affects power or gates content. Everything can be done without spending a cent. Providing 'Quality of Life' through MTX doesn't mean GGG is making the base game with no money spent unbearable. Imagine if currency didn't stack at all, or if you couldn't put divination cards in your stash unless you bought a tab. Now that would be something I would cry bloody murder all over town about.

I feel these people who make the posts haven't really felt p2w schemes :)

One of the games I played for years made it impossible to kill mobs past a certain level without spending hundreds of dollars for RNG gated MTX to improve your account.

Another game I played for many years as well just launched an event based exclusively on online purchases. Basically you have 0 event if you don't spend dollars.

Considering you don't need to spend a dollar to enjoy POE or its entire content is just mind blowing to me :)
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
I've said this in a different thread recently but it applies here. When I was bulling my way from 89 to 90 (and now from 90 to 91.....but my one-death-a-night is slowing that considerably) I decided to stop picking up rares and just do currency, cards and uniques.

I have to tell you, it was liberating. I have serious gear upgrades required for most of my character, but holy crap did the game become so much more fun now that I wasn't considering which rares to pick up, managing/balancing inventory and portals to finish a map but still get as much gear as possible.

It is a hell of a lot faster too.

Then I moved on to skipping most of the map bosses (aside from the easiest ones for my character) since the average loot from there is no better than most rares.

It has extended my play time into Harbinger by weeks. I guarantee I would have retired from the league a long time ago if I had not taken these steps.
The QQ is strong with this one...

Personally, I love the new currency and I hope that some of it stays. Particularly Annulment... it's such a useful tool for crafting. Really, really overdue. Balanced. Awesome.

Seriously, seeing so many people whine about a fucking amazing, free game just reminds me that there is a whole generation of entitled children who are populating the world now. Ugh.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The others I like to 'hate-play' to see how far I can get for free.

funny, did the same in all the pay2win games i played before poe.

it was quite liberating eventually finding a game where devs didn't really wanted your money, you only supported a idea of a game and got stash tabs and char slots for it.

it's still that way,jonathan mentioned in one of the last interviews that they could have monetised the game more aggressively and i think that's true, i still feel the temptation to support them out of gratitude for all the work they've done and fun i had.

still having my issues with mtx ceasing to be signs of support but i hope i will eventually give in to the inevitable: "they're just to look good for as cheap as you can get them". see,i'm making progression :)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I agree, shards and pieces of gear are just busy work nonsense crap and should be eliminated.

So I have 3 Exalted shards for 150 hrs. of SSF played. I need 20 to make 1 Exalt. I am in my rights to say "What the fuck GGG". Shards are stupid waste of time. Get rid of them forever.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 20, 2017, 10:09:38 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
I agree, shards and pieces of gear are just busy work nonsense crap and should be eliminated.

So I have 3 Exalted shards for 150 hrs. of SSF played. I need 20 to make 1 Exalt. I am in my rights to say "What the fuck GGG". Shards are stupid waste of time. Get rid of them forever.

it's likely about small gratifications to keep people playing.

there has been a nice graph on reddit how one forgets about a good drop exactly at the time he buries it in his stash and works towards the next gratification. and i must say i'm not different when it comes to that.

why should the game blast masses of good items into the playerbase for just that short moment of happiness? especially since, from the game's perspective, every good item drop is a step of a player towards stop playing the league cause he reached his goal?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Your rights? What fucking rights would those be?!? Those bestowed upon you for playing a free fucking game? Fucking entitled children. Go play Candy Crush or something else. This game is a fucking ARPG; it's a grind. If that's not your scene, scram.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info