Yo fuck this inventory.

"
Phrazz wrote:
A bigger character stash and some much needed QoL improvements wouldn't hurt anyone. It wouldn't hurt GGG either, nor their income.

Might even increase their income, more trash hauled back - more potentially useful stuff you run into - more space needed in stash to store or sell it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
FrancescoV wrote:
Having started playing ARPG in 1997 with the original Diablo (and CRPGs way before that) I'm probably too old school to see POE inventory flaws.

I like to identify items by myself and to play tetris to get the max out of my inventory... I bet I'm in a ever decresing minority though.

PoE's inventory system doesn't deserve to be compared to Tetris because Tetris at least allows for rotating the blocks.

That's why I'd much rather play actual Tetris and hardly get any enjoyment from the inventory.

"
Asmosis wrote:
i liked torchlights approach.

When your inventory got full, you gave a bunch of crap to your pet and sent HIM back to town to offload it while you carried on.

I agree on this as far as selling crap goes. What would have been really nice though is allowing the pet to dump items in your stash instead. And if there's not enough room then it comes back with the extra stuff.
"
"
FrancescoV wrote:
Having started playing ARPG in 1997 with the original Diablo (and CRPGs way before that) I'm probably too old school to see POE inventory flaws.

I like to identify items by myself and to play tetris to get the max out of my inventory... I bet I'm in a ever decresing minority though.

PoE's inventory system doesn't deserve to be compared to Tetris because Tetris at least allows for rotating the blocks.

That's why I'd much rather play actual Tetris and hardly get any enjoyment from the inventory.

"
Asmosis wrote:
i liked torchlights approach.

When your inventory got full, you gave a bunch of crap to your pet and sent HIM back to town to offload it while you carried on.

I agree on this as far as selling crap goes. What would have been really nice though is allowing the pet to dump items in your stash instead. And if there's not enough room then it comes back with the extra stuff.

Heh, going even a step further and allow the goddamn pet to drop some selected items into specific tabs, and others directly to be sold would reduce to minimum the amount of TP usage.

And it should work only after providing a Weta pet to every account.

Not to mention it would entitle the reduction of all the cluster @#%& that is hidden by filters, and leave a lot less clutter with the default filter active...

Bah, one can only dream regarding these kind of improvements...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Oct 22, 2017, 1:53:51 PM
Would really love a currency autosort or autostack, shit gets tedious
Playing GD now. I'm unsure if I want to go back to juggling shit and pretend it balances the game in any way.

Also, GD has a very simply loot filter, yet it works. Hmmm...

PS. Every item in GD has 3d art. And there tons of these. And there is free transmute to all those cool looking items. And GD doesn't have people throwing 500$ (like myself) at them, but instead costs a fixed price at start.
How did these guys even get enough money to do all those 3d models? Maaan...
Gotta admit that me defending GGG and the lack of 3d arts seems pretty silly now. :( Yes, yes, they are not the same, but from player point of view it doesn't matter all that much.

You can say that PoE is about online interaction and shit, but lets be real here - GGG added SSF, and because of that they will never balanced the game to be fully reliant on trade. And don't even get me started on their idiotic arguments about trade being too efficient.

If I'm to play SSF game, I'd much rather play GD.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 23, 2017, 2:54:04 AM
"
FrancescoV wrote:

No offence, but this approach reminds me of a grumpy old man, looking at email, saying "im not using this witchcraft, im going to the post office". Im 30 year old,and i also started with D2, but i think PoE inventory and loot system is ridiculous, outdated.
Been playing a lot of Grim Dawn since the new expansion and the auto-sort and auto-combine buttons are so, so, so nice. That and it gives you several ways to sort if you want to cycle through them and pick one you like, which is a plus. The inventory is also far better in terms of size and practicality. I know POE has the economy in mind and many decisions like the inventory were primarily based with that in mind (the 'old school' of D2 as well), but it really hurts the game for me in the long run.
I've been playing Divinity Original Sin II. What an amazing game... some things just make PoE look like it's an 8-bit game and I'm not talking about the graphics alone. Anyway DOS II has not only auto sort but item categories as well.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I'd certainly love it my pet tiger picked up currency for me. At the moment he has the time. If he is not going to collect stuff for me, then he should be able to leap on the back of bosses and bite their heads.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
GD really makes poe look bad, the devs hold onto personal and outdated values regarding auto loot, auto sort and trade but the game is in a shit state while ignoring all the problems to cash grab in China and on Xbox.

I can't put into words how good it feels to play an arpg with the old spice, chests are worth opening, bosses are worth killing, even the lore is worth your time, all while having a lager diversity in builds with less options because they didn't leave half of the games mechanics in the dust, armor is worth something and the game isn't balanced around dead builds and logging.

I feel like if GGG had a legit competitor they would get shit on and are so out of touch these days they wouldn't even know what to do about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info