Bex_GGG wrote:
Towns 9.75%
Hideouts 33.30%
Part One (Acts 1-5) 16.66%
Part Two (Acts 6-10) 10.25%
Maps 24.25%
The Labyrinth 4.12%
Other 1.67%

So if you take out the time spent in towns and hideouts (ie: not playing areas), you're left with...
Acts: 26.91%
Maps: 24.25%
Lab: 4.12%
Other: 1.67%

...which is 56.95%. So if you weight those four items and do a percentage for time spent in lab, that would be 7.23% instead (56.95 / 4.12).

The Labyrinth: 7.23% of actual gaming.

If there are 200,000 (just an example) players online all the time, 14,460 of those players are in lab all the time. Considering that lab is a small fraction of actual content in game, that number is actually impressive.

What this means is that a lot of people are farming the lab to make up for all of the people supposedly avoiding the lab. And take into account that "other" would include doing dailies or master missions.

Other ways to look at it...

• If you happen to play 2 hours of actual content a day (not just sitting in hideout), more than 8 minutes of each day is spent in the lab.

• For every 14 people completely avoiding the lab, 1 person is playing the lab exclusively.

• People spend double or even triple the amount of time in the lab than they spend doing master missions, from Zana rotas to dailies.

Data Analysis! <3
I dont get it, why are so many afk in lab instead of say hideout?
Always surprises me as many people get as many challenges as they do. Don't think I've even made the second reward tier in any league yet.
We tested it extensively
"
Bullsat2 wrote:
"
"
lordgold wrote:
Delete lab pls

^

How bout you just find a new game to play. Kinda annoyin to see people that dont even play the game, bitch about the game. How about you just dont do lab and stop using ascendensies ever. Works fine for everyone i guess. Don't reckon you care that your build is gonna suck, if you dont even play it?

Way to be unnecessarily hostile bruh.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Looks like a big surge in people checking out the game after the introduction of Xbox and the hype about Act 10. That first challenge is easy to get even for people who see the game and think, "Hmmm, I wonder what this game is?". They play for a half hour or an hour. It's not the kind of game they like, so they move on. I think we just got a lot more of that with the new launch than with previous updates.
I like that GGG is so open about this and their current issues of the game. Can´t say that from other companies, who try to hide any information about how well the game is received.

What I am reading from the report is the following,

Labyrinth:

The least played featured by not even 5% of the people. What I would like to see next is, how many actually do uber lab and "merciless", as I am pretty sure that the time spent is mostly referring to normal lab.
To know, that Lab is not well received could see the consequences of an either complete remake of said, or the removal and introduction of a new feature to gain ascendancy points.

Mapping & Basic game:

While players try out mapping, they all of a sudden stop doing it after Tier 2. Why is that? Are higher maps too hard, do they not enjoy mapping at all? There must be a reason why mapping is not having that much to offer, for these people. Same we can see after act 5. Why do so many people stop advancing into Act 6+?

What´s also very visible is that Tier 12 is done relatively well, but Tier 13+ isn´t. Could it be, that the reward structure is just not working properly, or is it just the difficulty / map design, that puts players off?

Challenges:

While quite a lot of people gain the first tier, hardly anyone goes for the second, leave alone the third. Again, why is that? Are the rewards just not meaningful enough, is it too hardcore and way too much grinding?
It seems as if POE needs a lot of improvements to get out of this misery. Said misery, also other games have and I hope the designer have a few answers for this great game in future!
OMG 40 challenges again totem .... very very bad ,pls stop totem or i stop making 40 XD , i hope soon change :)
GUILD ZA BALKANSKE IGRAČE : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1227661
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Discord"Voice ( dođite na mikrofon - Link za automatski invite ) : https://discord.gg/Q54KWUH
These stats arent nice or neat, but depressing. 60% of players havent even completed a single challenge! You cant finish the game without completing even a single challenge. So 60% of players drop out early in game. Doesnt this rise questions? "People are just too stupid!". No. There is something wrong with the game.
Please make more visually appealing challenge MTX! I enjoyed going after the character effect at 36 this league, but something like the blue eyes are not noticeable unless wearing a certain kind of helmet (or no helmet). Even then you have to zoom in to really see anything. I like the idea of any mtx combination being visible and noticeable at max zoom. This just isn't the case with the above example. I understand the more spicy mtx should be purchasable with points, but I also think some work needs to be done in the challenge mtx department!
Kinda sick of the achievements I have to do in order to get stuff.

Seriously, killing Atziri 100 times just for a +1 to my achievement bar is stupid. I'll stick to standard like always.

Besides, the rewards for leagues have been junk so far. Harbinger League with the rewards, like the effects and such, bore me to death once more. I bought the Harbinger Pack cause: A) I have the money. And B) I don't have to kill Atziri 100 times to get it.

Some might think the statistics are showing good results, but it isn't. Instead it's showing a decline in player interest due to the requirements of the Achievements needed to proceed. As I stated above, who is going to kill Atziri 100 times for a +1 to their bar? The only people who would do such things is people who live in their mom's basement with to much time.

See, I work. And I work Mon - Fri, 5pm - 2am. I don't have time to kill the whore that many times, or wander around for maps for hours on end just for certain triggering things to happen to fill my achievement bar. Not cool.

If you want people more invested in your leagues, lower the requirements needed to get the achievements. Not to mention making the rewards for those achievements more appealing, and unrelated to Support Packs. Cause the Harbinger Support Packs gave WAY more then this league ever could. So no need to play the league when I got what I wanted, cause it looked good and gave more.

League only gives 3 reward items, so not worth my time. Snore. Z... Z... Z...

So in summery, Leagues need to be buffed in rewards and reworked for players to keep their interest in it. Cause Leagues certainly don't have my attention anymore.
Last edited by raysuko on Oct 19, 2017, 9:02:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info