[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

hey ther Euploid

i'm playing thse build from abbys leag and having so match fun , but can u help me with gear? i have good gear but i cant pass the 5k life , it my tree or gear i dont rly know , can u give my acc a littel chack ? the name is eden_cyclon , ty ty ty keep up the good work , i did try shaper run and die on the first wave to , will be nice if u give me some tips :)
"
Varek wrote:
So I’m back again, wanting to make another elemental crit cyclone character.

Unfortunately I have a few crazy ideas I’m going to throw out there and see what you think. I dropped a voidforge and 6L it, and then 6L a qotf in 7fus for my wander. But- hear me out now. Pathfinder voidforge QOTF cyclone (use fated amulet + stibnite for perma blind) or champion for hits can’t be evaded and then how do I reach similar damage and movespeed as pathfinder? I obviously have access to any flask if I have a 6L voidforge this league (and headhunter).

Anyways, those are my ideas I haven’t had much time to buildsmth them yet, but it’s either that or I go the tried and true wander which seems boring.

I love the idea. This is what I came up with, should get you going at least:

https://pastebin.com/xSX0N6U1

There are three different passive trees in there, the best one overall seems to be pathfinder but I didn't go very deep into customizing the gear. PoB doesn't have Voidforge or Effigon implemented so I had to custom-create both of them. The "extra damage of an element" and "deal no non-elemental damage" are also non-functional in PoB so I had to change them to "Extra cold damage" and "deal no physical damage". Extra cold is somewhat misleading DPS-wise since I took Winter Spirit and Fangs of Frost, but fire or lightning would also be misleading, just in the other direction.

"Deal no chaos damage" also doesn't work so just take a look at calcs to make sure there's no chaos damage slipping through. Atziri's Promise, for example, wouldn't work.

I think the obvious route to go with this idea is the same one you had last time, using Watcher's Eye with the Hatred mod for base crit and then either cold pen or conversion if you can get a 2-mod one, probably the conversion mod would be better since the 300% conversion on voidforge is random rainbow damage.

Mark of the Elder should also be good, Tombfist if you go pathfinder. If you go champion you could go with Hrimsorrow/Hrimburn instead if you want the conversion. Will definitely need rare boots to fill resists and headhunter might be cutting it a bit fine for the same reason, unless you go with rare gloves or helmet.

Steel Rings should be marginally better than Opals, there is an Opal ring in there with the same mods as the steel ring if you want to compare.

Keep me posted if you make the character! It's a cool idea :)
"
edenn2311 wrote:
hey ther Euploid

i'm playing thse build from abbys leag and having so match fun , but can u help me with gear? i have good gear but i cant pass the 5k life , it my tree or gear i dont rly know , can u give my acc a littel chack ? the name is eden_cyclon , ty ty ty keep up the good work , i did try shaper run and die on the first wave to , will be nice if u give me some tips :)

GEAR
Most of your gear is good, but your amulet and rings are the main slots where you should be able to get more life without sacrificing much DPS. Neither of your Opal rings have an EDWA roll, which means you can replace them with cheaper bases. There's really no reason to use an Opal over something like a Two-stone or even Coral ring if you don't have an EDWA roll. The reason why is that you can get a cheaper base with a T1 or T2 EDWA roll AND T1 life AND a good int roll for a similar price, but end up with a higher life total and similar or higher DPS.

The amulet you're wearing is giving you a lot of DPS from the frenzy and T1 multi so it would probably be much more difficult to replace than the opals, but the low life roll is suboptimal and it has no resists

Jewels are rock solid apart from Oblivion Cut, the one you have socketed by Golem's Blood in the Duelist area. It has no DPS stats but it is the only thing keeping you capped on cold res. If you can get more cold res by replacing a ring, you could get rid of Oblivion cut and put Eagle Stone in that socket. Then you could respec the 3-point socket you've taken below Fangs of Frost and put them in the Scion %life wheel.

Gloves could be better but the ones you have are not bad.

TREE
If you want to maximize %life there are four points you can respec without making any changes to gear. The two points behind Revenge of the Hunted are 4% nodes, respec them to Scion wheel or the 5% node over Golem's Blood. Heart of Oak gives 8% for 2 points so same deal, you can gain 2% by respeccing them to Scion wheel.

GEM LINKS
I disagree with using damage on full if you're doing endgame bosses. It's a good gem for CI characters and characters with legacy Atziri's Acuity (instant leech), decent for Slayer and for this build it works if you're just mapping. If you're doing endgame bosses however, you're not gonna be on full life a lot of the time, so it just becomes unreliable.

Overall your character looks good. My character has just over 5.4k with my current gear and tree so your 5.2k isn't that bad really. You can try speccing into phase acrobatics, just remove a socket or some life nodes for it. Might make a difference in how tanky you feel.

As for Shaper, it's mostly mechanics imo. Your DPS is good enough and you have enough life for it to be doable. You probably just need to work on executing the mechanics, dodging spells and attacks etc. I know that's a very frustrating reply to get but that's really all I can say, because your character is definitely Shaper-ready.
"
Euploid wrote:
"
edenn2311 wrote:
hey ther Euploid

GEAR
Most of your gear is good, but your amulet and rings are the main slots where you should be able to get more life without sacrificing much DPS. Neither of your Opal rings have an EDWA roll, which means you can replace them with cheaper bases. There's really no reason to use an Opal over something like a Two-stone or even Coral ring if you don't have an EDWA roll. The reason why is that you can get a cheaper base with a T1 or T2 EDWA roll AND T1 life AND a good int roll for a similar price, but end up with a higher life total and similar or higher DPS.

The amulet you're wearing is giving you a lot of DPS from the frenzy and T1 multi so it would probably be much more difficult to replace than the opals, but the low life roll is suboptimal and it has no resists

Jewels are rock solid apart from Oblivion Cut, the one you have socketed by Golem's Blood in the Duelist area. It has no DPS stats but it is the only thing keeping you capped on cold res. If you can get more cold res by replacing a ring, you could get rid of Oblivion cut and put Eagle Stone in that socket. Then you could respec the 3-point socket you've taken below Fangs of Frost and put them in the Scion %life wheel.

Gloves could be better but the ones you have are not bad.

TREE
If you want to maximize %life there are four points you can respec without making any changes to gear. The two points behind Revenge of the Hunted are 4% nodes, respec them to Scion wheel or the 5% node over Golem's Blood. Heart of Oak gives 8% for 2 points so same deal, you can gain 2% by respeccing them to Scion wheel.

GEM LINKS
I disagree with using damage on full if you're doing endgame bosses. It's a good gem for CI characters and characters with legacy Atziri's Acuity (instant leech), decent for Slayer and for this build it works if you're just mapping. If you're doing endgame bosses however, you're not gonna be on full life a lot of the time, so it just becomes unreliable.

Overall your character looks good. My character has just over 5.4k with my current gear and tree so your 5.2k isn't that bad really. You can try speccing into phase acrobatics, just remove a socket or some life nodes for it. Might make a difference in how tanky you feel.

As for Shaper, it's mostly mechanics imo. Your DPS is good enough and you have enough life for it to be doable. You probably just need to work on executing the mechanics, dodging spells and attacks etc. I know that's a very frustrating reply to get but that's really all I can say, because your character is definitely Shaper-ready.

ty ty ty mate for the help , i can have good rings with my exs but i dont know what the better stats i need , ןincreased elemental damage its not the same like EDWA ? or u just meen with 2 ston i can get T1 EDWA with better rols of life res and its will be the same ?

in tree ''Revenge of the Hunted'' its not better to get 4% life with 8% eve ? im only lose 2% life but get 16% eve not ? and thx i will take acrobatics i just leveld up and i have 3 point dwon in the tree , i will change one ring to 2ston , and the sec i will get some opal with 2 ele dmg and int (or try to lol)

and lest Q , what gem will u use if u getting off the on full life?
"
edenn2311 wrote:

ty ty ty mate for the help , i can have good rings with my exs but i dont know what the better stats i need , ןincreased elemental damage its not the same like EDWA ? or u just meen with 2 ston i can get T1 EDWA with better rols of life res and its will be the same ?

in tree ''Revenge of the Hunted'' its not better to get 4% life with 8% eve ? im only lose 2% life but get 16% eve not ? and thx i will take acrobatics i just leveld up and i have 3 point dwon in the tree , i will change one ring to 2ston , and the sec i will get some opal with 2 ele dmg and int (or try to lol)

and lest Q , what gem will u use if u getting off the on full life?

1. What I mean about the rings is just that the implicit 25% elemental damage on Opal is not as good as the 37-42% EDWA you get from the T1 EDWA mod, so you should be able to find items with cheaper bases but better rolls, basically what you said.

2. %Eva doesn't really do much of anything, taking those two nodes doesn't even give you 1 extra % chance to evade.

3. I'd suggest inc crit for mapping and ele focus or added lightning on bosses.
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Varek wrote:
So I’m back again, wanting to make another elemental crit cyclone character.

Unfortunately I have a few crazy ideas I’m going to throw out there and see what you think. I dropped a voidforge and 6L it, and then 6L a qotf in 7fus for my wander. But- hear me out now. Pathfinder voidforge QOTF cyclone (use fated amulet + stibnite for perma blind) or champion for hits can’t be evaded and then how do I reach similar damage and movespeed as pathfinder? I obviously have access to any flask if I have a 6L voidforge this league (and headhunter).

Anyways, those are my ideas I haven’t had much time to buildsmth them yet, but it’s either that or I go the tried and true wander which seems boring.

I love the idea. This is what I came up with, should get you going at least:

https://pastebin.com/xSX0N6U1

There are three different passive trees in there, the best one overall seems to be pathfinder but I didn't go very deep into customizing the gear. PoB doesn't have Voidforge or Effigon implemented so I had to custom-create both of them. The "extra damage of an element" and "deal no non-elemental damage" are also non-functional in PoB so I had to change them to "Extra cold damage" and "deal no physical damage". Extra cold is somewhat misleading DPS-wise since I took Winter Spirit and Fangs of Frost, but fire or lightning would also be misleading, just in the other direction.

"Deal no chaos damage" also doesn't work so just take a look at calcs to make sure there's no chaos damage slipping through. Atziri's Promise, for example, wouldn't work.

I think the obvious route to go with this idea is the same one you had last time, using Watcher's Eye with the Hatred mod for base crit and then either cold pen or conversion if you can get a 2-mod one, probably the conversion mod would be better since the 300% conversion on voidforge is random rainbow damage.

Mark of the Elder should also be good, Tombfist if you go pathfinder. If you go champion you could go with Hrimsorrow/Hrimburn instead if you want the conversion. Will definitely need rare boots to fill resists and headhunter might be cutting it a bit fine for the same reason, unless you go with rare gloves or helmet.

Steel Rings should be marginally better than Opals, there is an Opal ring in there with the same mods as the steel ring if you want to compare.

Keep me posted if you make the character! It's a cool idea :)

So, I've been messing around with it, and for whatever reason I can't seem to pump the crit chance high enough to be more meaningful than going noncrit. Also, queen of the forest seems to be a bit of a hindrance to the build. I mean, voidforge needs a lot of different stats going for it, so it seems hard to fit the movement speed into the build. Granted, I do have a champion version of the build around 900k shaper DPS which is non-crit (EO, actually) while adrenaline is up, and boy is it one of the tankiest characters I've seen haha. (POB: https://pastebin.com/ByEyujZ8 )

It seems pretty difficult to effectively scale crit, flat phys, EDWA, and still scale move speed etc for QOTF, on what is an otherwise fairly slow and low crit weapon. It seems to me that we're better off ignoring crit for Voidforge :C (Where will my Juicy HoI clear come from- I guess HoA? XD)
"
Varek wrote:

So, I've been messing around with it, and for whatever reason I can't seem to pump the crit chance high enough to be more meaningful than going noncrit. Also, queen of the forest seems to be a bit of a hindrance to the build. I mean, voidforge needs a lot of different stats going for it, so it seems hard to fit the movement speed into the build. Granted, I do have a champion version of the build around 900k shaper DPS which is non-crit (EO, actually) while adrenaline is up, and boy is it one of the tankiest characters I've seen haha. (POB: https://pastebin.com/ByEyujZ8 )

It seems pretty difficult to effectively scale crit, flat phys, EDWA, and still scale move speed etc for QOTF, on what is an otherwise fairly slow and low crit weapon. It seems to me that we're better off ignoring crit for Voidforge :C (Where will my Juicy HoI clear come from- I guess HoA? XD)

That build looks really good, will probably be better than any of the trees I suggested. And I think you're right about the crit scaling, 5% base crit is just really hard to scale without being an Assassin.
Hello, i've just recently bought this badboy:

for like 30c (lol), of course used Your poe.trade settings with sorting on Edps.
And I have a question about it, it has T1 Fire, T1 Light, T3 AS, T1 crit chance and crafted T1 Vagan Cold damage. So right now it has one open Suffix. Can I get Your advice, on exalting this rapier? It has right stats and pretty high Edps (higher goes for 3 ex, even for 25 ex and are like 20-30 Edps more). Right now i can see three ways to exalt it:
1. Remove crafted prefix, exalt it, hope for T1 cold (prefix) or T1 multi (suffix)
2. Leave crafted prefix, exalt, hope for T1 multi
3. Remove crafted prefix, craft T1 multi, exalt, hope for T1 cold

What are Your opinions on it? Or just leave it be, without trying to exalt or anything? Also, I'm new into crafting, so even if i won't get what i wanted after exalting, I won't try to mastercraft it, since i would have to use some mastercraft service, and since they are ok for crafting sockets on corrupted items, I see it kinda problematic in crafting rares.

Cheers!
"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Hello, i've just recently bought this badboy:

for like 30c (lol), of course used Your poe.trade settings with sorting on Edps.
And I have a question about it, it has T1 Fire, T1 Light, T3 AS, T1 crit chance and crafted T1 Vagan Cold damage. So right now it has one open Suffix. Can I get Your advice, on exalting this rapier? It has right stats and pretty high Edps (higher goes for 3 ex, even for 25 ex and are like 20-30 Edps more). Right now i can see three ways to exalt it:
1. Remove crafted prefix, exalt it, hope for T1 cold (prefix) or T1 multi (suffix)
2. Leave crafted prefix, exalt, hope for T1 multi
3. Remove crafted prefix, craft T1 multi, exalt, hope for T1 cold

What are Your opinions on it? Or just leave it be, without trying to exalt or anything? Also, I'm new into crafting, so even if i won't get what i wanted after exalting, I won't try to mastercraft it, since i would have to use some mastercraft service, and since they are ok for crafting sockets on corrupted items, I see it kinda problematic in crafting rares.

Cheers!

Just craft multi, I wouldn't exalt that unless I didn't really have anything else to spend exalts on or if I was quite far from my next upgrade currency-wise. If you really want to exalt it then just do option 3 of the ones you listed. Remember that you can (and should) reroll mastercrafted affixes by removing and recrafting them.

As for how to approach exalting in general, my rule of thumb is that if the item is already good I prefer being conservative, i.e. mastercraft the best available mod instead of hoping to slam it. I'm somewhat risk-averse when it comes to crafting so I prefer getting guaranteed value rather than betting on a slim chance for even better value.

If the item is not very good but could be great with a lucky slam, then I yolo (but remember to use mastercrafting to block affixes).
Last edited by Euploid on Mar 26, 2018, 5:59:52 AM
Hi, dropped today this amulet:

Cyclone hideout (5L) stats with this amu: http://puu.sh/zQbbJ/f4e0775550.jpg
And with choir: http://puu.sh/zQbcN/96acf3c587.jpg

Can I get advice which one wins? Rare one also increases my life for 235 points, and on poe.trade with those crit multi, life and EDWA are quite expensive. 500 DPS and 235 life + crit multi or choir with 7% more flat crit? Appreciate every help!
Last edited by _Nektre_ on Mar 26, 2018, 6:37:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info