[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

What are your thoughts on using CWDT-Blood Rage to allow for proc'ing of Soul of Arakaali for the 50% increased leech rate? The downside to this is A: having blood rage which is a huge mapping QOL decrease [if you ever backtrack, whoops theres half your HP gone], B: while using blood rage you are almost guarenteed to lose all positive damage increases from daressos salute if you combine it with VP (big damage loss OR a big survivability loss). The only realistic option I see would be to swap daressos salute for another item and run CWDT-BR anyways for the increased leech. The main option I would consider in such a case is The Pandemonious. Large damage increase, and permanent chill/blind on all targets. Small loss of range, but allows dropping stibnite flask for something else if desired (everything will already be blinded). However, daresso's seems very strong for mapping, so I'm not sure its worth all this rigmarole to activate Soul of the Arakaali. Instead, I'm using soul of lunaris/captured sebbert for 8% phys dmg reduc/move speed + 5% dodge/spell dodge. Nowhere near as good as a build able to consistently proc soul of the arakaali, but still a strong bonus.
"
Varek wrote:
What are your thoughts on using CWDT-Blood Rage to allow for proc'ing of Soul of Arakaali for the 50% increased leech rate? The downside to this is A: having blood rage which is a huge mapping QOL decrease [if you ever backtrack, whoops theres half your HP gone], B: while using blood rage you are almost guarenteed to lose all positive damage increases from daressos salute if you combine it with VP (big damage loss OR a big survivability loss). The only realistic option I see would be to swap daressos salute for another item and run CWDT-BR anyways for the increased leech. The main option I would consider in such a case is The Pandemonious. Large damage increase, and permanent chill/blind on all targets. Small loss of range, but allows dropping stibnite flask for something else if desired (everything will already be blinded). However, daresso's seems very strong for mapping, so I'm not sure its worth all this rigmarole to activate Soul of the Arakaali. Instead, I'm using soul of lunaris/captured sebbert for 8% phys dmg reduc/move speed + 5% dodge/spell dodge. Nowhere near as good as a build able to consistently proc soul of the arakaali, but still a strong bonus.

This subject is addressed in the pantheon and utility skill gem section, but basically if you've taken VP I don't think Blood Rage is worth it. If you're sticking with VP just use Lunaris, if you spec out of VP it's worth trying out at least. With Belly instead of Bronn's though, the MS bonus from Lunaris is relatively stronger than it would be with Bronn's.
Ohh, My turn for a thank-you! This build guide is fantastic, and this is the first time in my PoE history that I don't have to constantly beg my friends to slow down for me x3. The build is truly fast fun and deadly!

I've managed to reach level 90, and I've taken some liberties with the passive tree, trying out a few different nodes. I do have quite a few re-spec points left, and I was hoping you'd be able to critique it for me. Right now, I think my big upgrades are going to be Lycosidae, +2 Frenzy Darkray Vecs., and my gems for sure.

I'm having some difficulty maintaining mana, but I've read what you updated on the first post, and moving in shorter stints, and not just cyclone-ing over to the next batch of enemies seems to have helped. I put a few points into the mana leech as well.

I know my jewels are kind of awful, and I think that's going to be my first upgrade.
I'm having a hard time parting with my Magna Eclipsis due to the health, but I think the life jewels will make up for the health. I'll be sad to lose the +2 to Empower, Enlighten and Wrath, though :/

In the event that you can't see my character on here, here's the PoB link: https://pastebin.com/Z7m4AfDU.

Thanks so much, in advance! It's super nice to see you're so active in this thread.
Cheers!
Last edited by Aeistrya on Jan 14, 2018, 9:16:44 PM
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Could you take a look at my character and tell me what i should improve next? Except +1 Frenzy Charges on Boots and 20% to Damage on full life.

Here is also a PoB link to my character: https://pastebin.com/Q5ZUuXk6

You're knee-deep in expensive upgrade territory, my man. I think +1 frenzy darkray vectors should be close to the top of your list, but I'll go through the rest.

First things I see are the two jewels with no %life. They both have strong damage rolls so might be hard to replace but ideally you want all your jewels to have life rolls.

Second thing I'm looking at is your belt. Max life roll, 1 T2 and 1 T3 resist. It's not bad but no natural EDWA, no flask roll, no Elder mods. You're overcapped on all resists so this slot shouldn't be too hard to improve (Wise oak could make it complicated though).

Thing is im just overcapped by 5%, the other 35% are from the flask and during boss fights like guardians it isnt always up so it would be hard to get a good Elder Belt without loosing to much res i think.

But thanks for your input :)
Last edited by V4ldaran on Jan 14, 2018, 6:27:20 PM
"
Aeistrya wrote:
Ohh, My turn for a thank-you! This build guide is fantastic, and this is the first time in my PoE history that I don't have to constantly beg my friends to slow down for me x3. The build is truly fast fun and deadly!

I've managed to reach level 90, and I've taken some liberties with the passive tree, trying out a few different nodes. I do have quite a few re-spec points left, and I was hoping you'd be able to critique it for me. Right now, I think my big upgrades are going to be Lycosidae, +2 Frenzy Darkray Vecs., and my gems for sure.

I'm having some difficulty maintaining mana, but I've read what you updated on the first post, and moving in shorter stints, and not just cyclone-ing over to the next batch of enemies seems to have helped. I put a few points into the mana leech as well.

I know my jewels are kind of awful, and I think that's going to be my first upgrade.
I'm having a hard time parting with my Magna Eclipsis due to the health, but I think the life jewels will make up for the health. I'll be sad to lose the +2 to Empower, Enlighten and Wrath, though :/

In the event that you can't see my character on here, here's the PoB link: https://pastebin.com/Z7m4AfDU.

Thanks so much, in advance! It's super nice to see you're so active in this thread.
Cheers!

I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

Passive nodes first: You've skipped two sockets and the last two nodes in Fatal Blade. Instead you've taken Quickstep, the rest of the Scion life wheel and two of the 4% life nodes in the Revenge of the Hunted cluster.

1. Skipping the 3-point resist socket by Sentinel I understand but those nodes are imo pretty good for gearing, with how unique-heavy this build is.
2. The two points in Revenge of the Hunted I disagree with because you could be taking a socket instead. In a 2-point socket you can place a jewel with 7% life and extra damage and/or resists, whereas right now you're using 2 points for only 8% life (and some evasion but that isn't a big deal).
3. The last two nodes in Fatal Blade you definitely should take. Going by PoB you'd be getting 11% more DPS per point, which is very high for damage nodes.
4. Quickstep makes sense to take but your movement and attack speeds are already so high that relatively speaking those nodes aren't worth taking. If you're playing a Duelist cyclone build or something similar that wants high MS but doesn't naturally have much, Quickstep is worth it, but for this particular build the benefit is marginal.

So my recommendation for now would be to respec Quickstep and the last two nodes of Revenge of the Hunted into the 2-point socket by Heartseeker and the last two points of Fatal Blade. If you need more resists down the road you can always take the resist nodes above Sentinel or Cloth and Chain next to Golem's Blood.

Now for the gear.
1. Vaal Rapier is one of the worst base types for this build. It has high base crit but the APS is 0.3 lower than Jewelled/Spiraled foil. Your particular item has a low %crit roll but you're getting away with it because of the 1% higher base crit. Getting a better foil with a proper base type should be high on your priority list. If you check out my suggested poe.trade search you'll see that one of the conditions is 1.9 APS, where your current weapon has 1.54. I should probably add some text on base types to the main post to explain this.

2. You should be using Tombfist rather than rare gloves. You probably started the build before my latest update to the gear section, which makes Tombfist clear as the Best in Slot option for gloves. It's all about Intimidate, which you can either get from Belt of the Deceiver or Tombfist. Tombfist is a better option mostly because of Abyss jewels, but also because belts can roll EDWA but gloves cannot. Your belt should also really be a Stygian Vise rather than a Heavy Belt. With your current gem levels you won't have enough STR unless you get a Vise with a high STR roll but you can just get new Shield Charge and Ancestral Protector gems to solve that problem. Shield charge can be left at lvl 1, it doesn't really matter, Ancestral Protector should be leveled as far as you can take it but it's not worth getting a lot of STR on gear for just lvl 20 of that gem.

3. Usually, CWDT setups are left at low levels instead of being leveled to full like you seem to be doing. The biggest reason why is that each level of CWDT adds more damage to the trigger condition, so higher level CWDTs won't trigger as often as lower level setups. When you're using gems like Enfeeble and Ice golem it might seem reasonable to level up the CWDT but the most important gem in the setup is Immortal Call, which doesn't get any additional base duration with levels and so becomes more valuable with more procs. This is easy to fix, you can just get new gems and they will be at the level you want to leave them in 1 or 2 maps. If a higher level setup is just your preference then disregard everything I just wrote and do what you prefer.

4. I'd recommend trying to stop using a mana flask. If you're out of mana in a map you can use Shield Charge to trigger mana leech instead of using a mana flask. You should also try to get proper rolls on your utility flasks. Diamond should be "of Warding" with any sustain or duration prefix, Quicksilver should be "of adrenaline" with Experimenter's or Alchemist's prefix. To replace your mana flask you can use a Silver, Stibnite or Wise Oak, all of them are good choices.

5. The rest of your gear is decent, just needs some relatively obvious upgrades like Cyclone enchant, Opal Rings, quality on gems, +1 frenzy Darkray Vectors etc.

Gl hf :)
"

Thing is im just overcapped by 5%, the other 35% are from the flask and during boss fights like guardians it isnt always up so it would be hard to get a good Elder Belt without loosing to much res i think.

But thanks for your input :)

That's my bad, I didn't realise I needed to take the resists from active Wise Oak into account when looking at the PoB.
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Aeistrya wrote:

Cheers!

I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

Passive nodes first: You've skipped two sockets and the last two nodes in Fatal Blade. Instead you've taken Quickstep, the rest of the Scion life wheel and two of the 4% life nodes in the Revenge of the Hunted cluster.

1. Skipping the 3-point resist socket by Sentinel I understand but those nodes are imo pretty good for gearing, with how unique-heavy this build is.
2. The two points in Revenge of the Hunted I disagree with because you could be taking a socket instead. In a 2-point socket you can place a jewel with 7% life and extra damage and/or resists, whereas right now you're using 2 points for only 8% life (and some evasion but that isn't a big deal).
3. The last two nodes in Fatal Blade you definitely should take. Going by PoB you'd be getting 11% more DPS per point, which is very high for damage nodes.
4. Quickstep makes sense to take but your movement and attack speeds are already so high that relatively speaking those nodes aren't worth taking. If you're playing a Duelist cyclone build or something similar that wants high MS but doesn't naturally have much, Quickstep is worth it, but for this particular build the benefit is marginal.

So my recommendation for now would be to respec Quickstep and the last two nodes of Revenge of the Hunted into the 2-point socket by Heartseeker and the last two points of Fatal Blade. If you need more resists down the road you can always take the resist nodes above Sentinel or Cloth and Chain next to Golem's Blood.

Now for the gear.
1. Vaal Rapier is one of the worst base types for this build. It has high base crit but the APS is 0.3 lower than Jewelled/Spiraled foil. Your particular item has a low %crit roll but you're getting away with it because of the 1% higher base crit. Getting a better foil with a proper base type should be high on your priority list. If you check out my suggested poe.trade search you'll see that one of the conditions is 1.9 APS, where your current weapon has 1.54. I should probably add some text on base types to the main post to explain this.

2. You should be using Tombfist rather than rare gloves. You probably started the build before my latest update to the gear section, which makes Tombfist clear as the Best in Slot option for gloves. It's all about Intimidate, which you can either get from Belt of the Deceiver or Tombfist. Tombfist is a better option mostly because of Abyss jewels, but also because belts can roll EDWA but gloves cannot. Your belt should also really be a Stygian Vise rather than a Heavy Belt. With your current gem levels you won't have enough STR unless you get a Vise with a high STR roll but you can just get new Shield Charge and Ancestral Protector gems to solve that problem. Shield charge can be left at lvl 1, it doesn't really matter, Ancestral Protector should be leveled as far as you can take it but it's not worth getting a lot of STR on gear for just lvl 20 of that gem.

3. Usually, CWDT setups are left at low levels instead of being leveled to full like you seem to be doing. The biggest reason why is that each level of CWDT adds more damage to the trigger condition, so higher level CWDTs won't trigger as often as lower level setups. When you're using gems like Enfeeble and Ice golem it might seem reasonable to level up the CWDT but the most important gem in the setup is Immortal Call, which doesn't get any additional base duration with levels and so becomes more valuable with more procs. This is easy to fix, you can just get new gems and they will be at the level you want to leave them in 1 or 2 maps. If a higher level setup is just your preference then disregard everything I just wrote and do what you prefer.

4. I'd recommend trying to stop using a mana flask. If you're out of mana in a map you can use Shield Charge to trigger mana leech instead of using a mana flask. You should also try to get proper rolls on your utility flasks. Diamond should be "of Warding" with any sustain or duration prefix, Quicksilver should be "of adrenaline" with Experimenter's or Alchemist's prefix. To replace your mana flask you can use a Silver, Stibnite or Wise Oak, all of them are good choices.

5. The rest of your gear is decent, just needs some relatively obvious upgrades like Cyclone enchant, Opal Rings, quality on gems, +1 frenzy Darkray Vectors etc.

Gl hf :)

Thank you so much for the information! I totally forgot that I leveled my CwDT gem. I saw it a while back, and meant to correct it, but alas x3.

I'm glad to hear your thoughts on my passive tree. I'm playing around and tweaking it now, so I'll make the suggested changes.

Cheers~
Soo, how would "The Halycon" work with the build you think? Unique Jade ammy
Im new to PoE (Around 200 hours) and this is my 3rd build into this league. For some reason, I feel like my damage is low and I die way too quickly. As with all other builds i've tried, getting over 5k hp seems like a impossible task unless I lose tons of dps which I don't want to happen. Could someone tell me how could I improve my build. I've managed to do some T10s with this build, but i've died doing so which is why i've stayed with lower tier map. I've also tried to upgrade to opal rings but my resists would go too low doing so, which makes me stuck with my current rings. I didn't know enlighten is mandatory with enpower so now my links are fucked. I use abyss jewels on passive tree because I feel like they give way more dps with the tradeoff of losing like 20 hp. My jewellery could definitely be upgraded, but I can't balance out the resists.
Im always willing to improve so if there's some other mistakes im making but not relevant to the build i'd love to hear. Even though I really like the game it gets frustrating when you upgrade your gear but you don't earn the currency spent on it.

here's my PoB https://pastebin.com/qLWi3YUm
Last edited by Dangot on Jan 16, 2018, 9:32:49 AM
"
spookyswag wrote:
Soo, how would "The Halycon" work with the build you think? Unique Jade ammy

I would prefer Pandemonius if I was gonna use something like that. It's strong for mapping both defensively and offensively, basically gives you perma-stibnite if you're critting regularly and the penetration is very strong. The problem with Pandemonius is how hard it is to chill Shaper and other endgame bosses using Cyclone. You need a huge cold damage hit for chill to activate on them. This is why I prefer rare amulets for DPS purposes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info