sigh... Witch Skill Trees are so hard to do now...

"
ShadyC wrote:
No.

I chose to play Witch.

The game chose for me to avoid ES.

And thus, my error was in choosing Witch in the first place.

You are not playing the game as its intended.

Poe play guide:

Step 1. Buy mtx.
Step 2. Quit

If everybody would follow the guide then there would be no complaints.

Server lag is reduced and the high turnover of new players ensures enough funding for the next nerf patch. (Which nobody will complain about because they've already quit).
Ignoring the kvetchers for a moment...

The triple-fudge-sundae nerf of ES does feel like it went too far, especially in a metagame where life was actually doing pretty much just fine, it just didn't get as much sexy press as the most ridiculous top-end ES builds.

Unhooking ES from Vaal Cheesepact was good; that interaction was borked beyond comprehension. Hopefully a league where fully a quarter of every single build in the game is a Berserker abusing the Cloaked in Savagery/Vaal Cheesepact combo can illuminate - to the playerbase, as well as to Grinding Gear - that the problem is not and never was ES by itself, it was and is VAAL GODDAMNED CHEESEPACT. ...but that's a different discussion.

Lowering the overall maximum achievable ES levels was...ehhh. I can see why they did so, but I believe they overshot their mark a bit and tuned ES too low. Still, given the many centuries of kvetching about life vs. ES, perhaps we needed a league or two showcasing that life builds don't actually need nearly as much help as people seem to think they do before we can start fleshing stuff out again.

Unhooking Vaal Cheesepact (absolutely necessary), lowering overall ES levels (maybe unnecessary but justifiable), and also removing Chaos Inoculation's maximum ES bonus, all at once...that's too much. CI has enormous downsides, cutting thousands and thousands of points of EHP off your character, for the somewhat dubious benefit of Chaos immunity. The whole idea with CI was to make a character that relied entirely on ES, but you can't really do that anymore. Not to enough of a degree to make any sense compared to how easy life builds are. Yeah, low-life can still be forced to work, but low-life builds were always glassy and fragile anyways. If you're going low-life you know damn well what you're getting into when you do, and that can be summarized as "All the deepz...when you're not dead."

Triple whammy nerfing ES builds in all three ways at once was overdoing it. Personally, I'd appreciate seeing a bit more ES in the Witch area and a return of Chaos Inoculation's ES bonus. It doesn't have to be 15% again, even just a 10% modifier would be nice, but CI should get something over Low-Life. Since Low-Life gets, y'know...massive deepz.

Rework Vaal Cheesepact to stop being so game-definingly broken, let Witch builds that invest properly manage 10k ES again without needing three hundred exalts to do it, and maybe revisit the CI-gets-no-bonus issue. Somewhere in between where we were and where we are now feels like the right place to be.

So long as Vaal Bloody Cheesepact finally gets rebuilt while we're at it.
Problem is, they gonna nerf anything that is too OP and meta any league. ES op? Nerfed.
Berzerker this league op? Gonna be nerfed in the next.
And next league community will only gonna come up with a new meta that's gonna be nerfed to the ground in the next league after that.
Remove VP? They might aswell add a death sentence. What's gonna be next? Remove headhunter for being too OP? Remove mirrored items for being too strong? Noo, the only reason it isn't meta is cause most people can't afford it, with VP they can. All average player gonna be doomed if they remove all basic from game.

Don't wanna play an OP build? Ok, you can do it already if you complain so much about OP.
Don't pick VP, don't play berzerker, play Witch ES or something and have fun. It wont get nerfed either in next league so it's future-proof.
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
"
Akymo86 wrote:
Problem is, they gonna nerf anything that is too OP and meta any league. ES op? Nerfed.
And next league community will only gonna come up with a new meta that's gonna be nerfed to the ground in the next league after that.
Remove VP? They might aswell add a death sentence. What's gonna be next? Remove headhunter for being too OP? Remove mirrored items for being too strong? Noo, the only reason it isn't meta is cause most people can't afford it, with VP they can. All average player gonna be doomed if they remove all basic from game.

Don't wanna play an OP build? Ok, you can do it already if you complain so much about OP.
Don't pick VP, don't play berzerker, play Witch ES or something and have fun. It wont get nerfed either in next league so it's future-proof.

Here's a fundamental truth for ya, just because I'm really getting sick of seeing this argument thrown around. Ready? Brace yourself, this is a big one...:

Blatantly overpowered horseshit makes your life HARDER, not easier.

Grinding Gear can't make bosses easier because Vaal Cheesepact lets people take their nine-figure DPS and translate 100% of it into sustain. In order to challenge that sort of character, they have to set up one-shot Uberbosses that screw over everyone else. Bosses are as impossible as they are for the majority because Vaal Cheesepact, the ol' Siggervup standard, Rainbownuke before that, and all the other bullshit overperforming nonsense out there forces GGG to design bosses that can try and challenge Mathils playing top-tier crap.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT:

Lean on Vaal Cheesepact and not only does the game's own design have to twist and contort and warp out of true to deal with the fact that Vaal Cheesepacters are basically immortal, but you never learn how to run the game in a manner other than "Dive into encounter, smash face on DPS button, hope build has enough DPS to properly Vaal Cheesepact." Having run my first VP Berserker thing this league as an experiment, I can confirm - they're stupid and should never have been allowed to function this way in the first place.

Vaal Cheesepact got Energy Shield triple-whammy hammered. it's going to get Berserker hammered. It'll get whatever comes next hammered, until such time as the hammer falls upon the one thing that keeps showing up as the common thread in Things What Get Hammered - Vaal. Goddamned. Cheesepact.

Until VCP respects the same leech rules as the rest of the game, you'll keep seeing nerfs. Until they blast the thing that actually needs it, the game will continue to be at least partially borked. Once they finally rework VCP into a form that stops breaking PoE in half, THEN you'll get the stability you want.

Until then? Don't make any Berserkers, unless you're going to use their other five excellent nodes as opposed to Cloaca'd in Dairy.
"
1453R wrote:
"
Akymo86 wrote:

Here's a fundamental truth for ya, just because I'm really getting sick of seeing this argument thrown around. Ready? Brace yourself, this is a big one...:

Blatantly overpowered horseshit makes your life HARDER, not easier.

Grinding Gear can't make bosses easier because Vaal Cheesepact lets people take their nine-figure DPS and translate 100% of it into sustain. In order to challenge that sort of character, they have to set up one-shot Uberbosses that screw over everyone else. Bosses are as impossible as they are for the majority because Vaal Cheesepact, the ol' Siggervup standard, Rainbownuke before that, and all the other bullshit overperforming nonsense out there forces GGG to design bosses that can try and challenge Mathils playing top-tier crap.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT:

Lean on Vaal Cheesepact and not only does the game's own design have to twist and contort and warp out of true to deal with the fact that Vaal Cheesepacters are basically immortal, but you never learn how to run the game in a manner other than "Dive into encounter, smash face on DPS button, hope build has enough DPS to properly Vaal Cheesepact." Having run my first VP Berserker thing this league as an experiment, I can confirm - they're stupid and should never have been allowed to function this way in the first place.

Vaal Cheesepact got Energy Shield triple-whammy hammered. it's going to get Berserker hammered. It'll get whatever comes next hammered, until such time as the hammer falls upon the one thing that keeps showing up as the common thread in Things What Get Hammered - Vaal. Goddamned. Cheesepact.

Until VCP respects the same leech rules as the rest of the game, you'll keep seeing nerfs. Until they blast the thing that actually needs it, the game will continue to be at least partially borked. Once they finally rework VCP into a form that stops breaking PoE in half, THEN you'll get the stability you want.

Until then? Don't make any Berserkers, unless you're going to use their other five excellent nodes as opposed to Cloaca'd in Dairy.

Personally if they wanted to keep the concept behind VP they should have assessed a penalty. for example only getting 10% of the leached life back or less. either that or give up on the Idea entirely
By having VP, atleast 50% of the playerbase can get down bosses.

By removing VP, maybe 1% of the player community will kill bosses.

Do you think they will nerf the bosses DMG/HP if they remove VP? Cause they won't. Bosses will just get even harder then they already are, and the game is gonna hear about alot ragequits, whining, riot etc after.

I mean you are perfectly fine now to play without the VP node, but you don't do ye because you know it's needed to get down endgame tier bosses. How are you gonna get them down after the node is gone? GGG won't nerf the bosses/mobs fights just by nerfing another skill/passive/item/node.

They didn't nerf bosses when nerfed ES to hell, hell infact they made the bosses stronger by having more HP.
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info