sigh... Witch Skill Trees are so hard to do now...

Lol you must be out of your mind, I legit started a witch as my second character this league and she was the easiest to lvl up for me as my first was a righteous fire beserker. Lol i've never played RF before so pickup up just life node's felt super awkward and weird for me. Where as when i decided to play a hybrid/or low life summoner this league focused on specters and ES as my main source of life.

Not only did lvling as witch feel so smooth, but since this was like a 4th or 5th summoner being made, and second specter build as well, first was back in 2.0. I had a very easy time looking at my passive tree and figure out what do I need and what is the most optimal pathing for lvlin and endgame, since I didn't have to follow a guide of any kind.

Gearing was a experimental process for me as my biggest focus was to be able to use a self crafted "rare" chest as that as long as it was ES based. As I knew going into building the character i wanted to build around the terror claw and do dmg myself. But after some testing found out i failed to correctly build for it as i didn't think of the mechanic's of how the new dot system works. So i feel back on to a specter focused summoner.

For awhile I had zombie's still in the spec just for phys mitigation and the shield that let you have +2 aura's but reserved it on your life while going low life with it. I noticed my ehp/ tankyness was abysmal.

scrapped that idea and dropped immortal's belt from my spec switched out the +2 aura shield for a aegis, and my claw for a mid night bargin. Then i went about testing both a rare chest and skin of the loyal and realized not only did i gain about 1.5k ehp switching from low life spec to full hybrid conversation with focus on evasion and block and regen I was alot tankier then what I originally intended my character to be.

Im glad I focused on trying to see how I can make ES work this league tbh it was the first time i heavy focused on it without any outside influence's this league and it was great.

Tldr, I played hybrid baron summoner last league with zealous oath and vaal pact, This league i wanted to empahize a different defensive method so I opted for evasion, dodge, block, regen, (playing the game moving and dodging :D) I'm having a blast.
Last edited by lyeesia on Oct 15, 2017, 10:45:20 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"Buff everything else" is what got us here. They're trying to deal with 4 years of power-creep. They want their game back to the way they envisioned it.

^This.
Buff everything else, then buff the monsters, then buff a lot of things again....
It always baffles me how one can not see that buffing nearly everything is the same as nerfing a few things, only the numbers are higher afterwards.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
The witch area is heavy in ES and you've chosen to avoid that. Of course it's going to be wonky.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"Buff everything else" is what got us here. They're trying to deal with 4 years of power-creep. They want their game back to the way they envisioned it.

They had a stupidly horrid vision of little to no power creep, which was their own stupidity, much like how they treat trade.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

They had a stupidly horrid vision of little to no power creep, which was their own stupidity, much like how they treat trade.

Ok. Guess we're done here.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The witch area is heavy in ES and you've chosen to avoid that. Of course it's going to be wonky.

No.

I chose to play Witch.

The game chose for me to avoid ES.

And thus, my error was in choosing Witch in the first place.
some idea:

Whats about a new juwel what let us jump in the passive three to a other juwel every where in the three. You only lost 2 juwel slots (2 Points) but can jump to a diferent location in the three.

And i dont talk about that radius-jump one. Thats stupid. In most cases this juwel makes no sense, the area is to small to get your node.

If a aura support char can jump near to blood magic, would be nice to save some points.

I don't think that making witch builds is very difficult. I think making witch trees that are as good as other classes is tough. There are a few witch exclusive builds (summoner/golemancer/supports), but outside of those, the the witches main benefits were removed, in my opinion. Those being pre-nerf ignite prolif/ele reflect reduction and occultist's +1 curse/-20 chaos res which isn't enough to keep me from playing scion.

Every class out damages them and most have much easier options for defense.

Shame.
Using this build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1759013

Getting 3.5hp and 1.5 ES at level 68. with room to increase life.
Feels wrong to have a witch and have to rely on Hybrid armour and life pools to try and stay alive. The gang-rape nerf on ES killed any pure ES builds.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info