Since crying changed GGG fix on Desecrate. Can we do a massive crying on Domblow to revert it to 2.0

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
JNF wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Yes, truly the only concerns GGG should ever look at are the ones that affect the most vocal group of players on reddit.

Yes, we should definitely try to cure the most rare illness on Earth, rather than cure something rampant such as cancer.

Thousands of players would've likely departed for other avenues of enjoyment, but damn, if we upset this one guy...

Did not stop GGG from nerfing CoC and losing hoards of whinny CoC players.

CoC was grossly overpowered for how long? They literally introduced a QoL that classic summoners were asking for for four years, but then instantly cut it off at the knee on the same token. Comparing CoC to summoners is laughable. How many leagues did CoC Cyclone dominate the meta? And before that the 'Rainbow Nuke', Mjolner low life builds? Please, give me a break...lol

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Oct 13, 2017, 11:55:06 AM
I'm not sure what your point is at this point. Carry on though.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

My point is that you argued that CoC was nerfed, despite a plethora of players being outraged. I simply explained to you that the outrage wasn't ignored, because CoC enjoyed it's day in the sun for the better part of 2 years. Summoners are long overdue for these changes, whereas we have one guy complaining about Dominating Blow.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
JNF wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

My point is that you argued that CoC was nerfed, despite a plethora of players being outraged. I simply explained to you that the outrage wasn't ignored, because CoC enjoyed it's day in the sun for the better part of 2 years. Summoners are long overdue for these changes, whereas we have one guy complaining about Dominating Blow.

I have no objections to summoners getting their time in the sun. I would not be surprised if 3.1 nerfed specters to ground to compensate.

As for the one guy complaining, GGG will list it has a lower priority maybe even non existent but it does not mean his idea is a bad one. The same for the 6 people who actually cared when GGG made melee skills obsolete for anything other than single target. The same goes for the raider players who got jipped due avatar of the veil and grounding flasks no longer properly dispelling vinktar shock.

What is disturbing is that unless the reddit masses support your vision of balance, you are really shit out of luck. GGG instantly relented when there was outrage for the spectre nerf and also when they were about to specialize/nerf power/frenzy charges but where were these voices of outrage when 2.6 nerfed iaoe to oblivion? Is game balance solely in the hands of the vocal reddit masses now?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 13, 2017, 12:30:28 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
JNF wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

I have no objections to summoners getting their time in the sun. I would not be surprised if 3.1 nerfed specters to ground to compensate.

As for the one guy complaining, GGG will list it has a lower priority maybe even non existent but it does not mean his idea is a bad one. The same for the 6 people who actually cared when GGG made melee skills obsolete for anything other than single target. The same goes for the raider players who got jipped due avatar of the veil and grounding flasks no longer properly dispelling vinktar shock.

What is disturbing is that unless the reddit masses support your vision of balance, you are really shit out of luck. GGG instantly relented when there was outrage for the spectre nerf and also when they were about to specialize/nerf power/frenzy charges but where were these voices of outrage when 2.6 nerfed iaoe to oblivion? Is game balance solely in the hands of the vocal reddit masses now?

I played Blade Flurry almost exclusively in 2.6, not aware of how bad the aoe was at the time when I started it, and proceeded to suffer through leveling to 95 in Shaped Strands (luckily Legacy mob density was so good that I was able to overlook it). I don't disagree with you and I don't disagree that Dominating Blow doesn't need to be buffed, but then again so do a lot of skills: Elemental Hit, Glacial Hammer, single target bow skills that aren't Barrage, etc etc etc...If you check my post history, I've actually been quite vocal about skill diversity taking a massive blow in recent years and my overall disappointment with the direction build diversity has taken.
I can't believe people were supporting the desecrate change

Like why would you advocate for a mid-league nerf of any build? ITs not like spectres before the desecrate change are breaking the entire league or something absurd, so why would you want them to set that precedent?

On top of that, even if you think spectres are hyper OP, the desecrate change didnt make them less powerful, only more time consuming and more obscure bs to get them going. Even people who think spectres are super OP should have been against this change since it didn't address their power at all, or the low cost of the summoner uniques.

The only people who supported the desecrate change were people who didn't have any idea how spectres worked and had never played them, and people who just want other peoples builds to be worse.
Sexcal Math: If x then "fix Dominating Blow", true for all x.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 13, 2017, 1:30:57 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

Well, there's a fair amount of difference between these cases.

The charge situation gave off a solid vibe of GGG not being quite sure what are they trying to do with that change and making a poor case of why was it needed. That trap chest further emphasized the impression that the whole thing was made on the spur of a moment, something they haven't been working on long enough, thought it through or tested it properly.

AoE change was different because a significant portion of playerbase saw it as an issue (in various degrees of severity), the backlash was mostly related to the incomplete way that rework was done. This was actually kinda similar to the CoC situation, players understood the reasons behind it but didn't support the change itself.

What I'm thinking about this desecrate change is there's probably a reason they released it right now instead of alongside 3.1. When you want to push through a minor change you're absolutely sure about but expect the community won't like it, that would be the way to do it because it would be drowned in other feedback. If they did it like this that probably means they were unsure of what to do and wanted feedback, the spectre hunt is one of their pet features from way back but they probably expected it wouldn't fit in current PoE and that community wouldn't accept it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
no point posting here they only care about reddit.
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
"
wallsh1 wrote:
no point posting here they only care about reddit.
i left Reddit like a year ago

The moderators banned me for saying ZiggyD is a shit tier streamer

And have been witchHunting my perfectly working accounts
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info