Path of Exile vs Diablo 3 2017

Blizzard forums are a joke, sneezing is a bannable offence. It’s hilarious, they just can’t take any form of criticism which makes it entertaining to poke fun at them and their sensative tunnel vision fans.

D3 is garbage because the creators are ignorant/arrogant/clueless/babies. They have a serious attitude problem and pretend it’s the greatest, despite years of fan outcry and dwindling of players. Doesn’t matter, there’s no hope for D4 - the franchise is buried, same creators same mess. Any comparison would be an insult to GGG. That is all.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Oct 12, 2017, 4:10:03 AM
Real diablo end with diablo 2
You can like both you know, & add Grim dawn, and other games to the mix you know.

WHile PoE has deeper character development, craftinging, gears & customisation, D3 has better gameplay balance, white/rare mobs don't fall like dominos, so you actually need some cc, & planning on how to deal with them, less 'cheap'' mob mechanism' that attempt to oneshot you & far better Multiplayer.

You actually have to develop builds to deal with regular white/blue/yellow mobs. WIth PoE, you can 1-2 shot every non bosses mobs up to Shaper realm with a decent gears.

Yes, you need some stretegy against some end bosses lik Aziri, but regular white mobs where you spend most of the time fighting, are underwhelming. Its nice to streamroll mobs, but if people wated additional challenges & see how far they can push, they wouldn't find in PoE unless they purposely handicapped themselves.
@Necromael - Yes I did post this in the Diablo 3 forum as well and it is still being debated about like it is here. I've been watching both and I like the feedback, there are some really good posts in both forums about it. You can say that I did that just to get views, you'd be wrong I don't really care I'm not a big youtube personality or anything so who cares. I'm doing it because I want to draw attention to both developers with the hopes that they see it and listen to our ideas. I have a little more faith in GGG listening than I do with Blizzard, but one can hope.
It's hard to compare the games in a lot of ways. They are polar opposite in so many areas.

Diablo - no skill tree
POE - vast skill tree

Diablo - defined builds for classes
POE - no defined builds for classes

Diablo - some RNG to get gear, but many farmable ways to get specific gear.
POE - pure 100% RNG to get every f'ing thing.

Diablo - skill and item interactions are well defined, you know for sure your character is going to work
POE - Tons of BS here. Often get to level 70 to find out that your idea is shit and doesn't work at all.

Diablo - bad endgame grind, only point is to get more paragon / higher level gems / runes.
POE - Actual endgame bosses and challenging maps to farm.

Diablo - gameplay very smooth, graphics are great, typical Blizz here
POE - getting there, still needs a lot more polish.
"
Shabob wrote:

Diablo - gameplay very smooth, graphics are great, typical Blizz here
POE - getting there, still needs a lot more polish.

Agree with your points except this one. I played D3 since launch in 2012 and I can tell you that the graphics in PoE are absolutely superior (3.0). D3 looks like a mini WoW spin-off.. Diablo2 graphics are amazing as well, but PoE looks incredible. Some of the character models need tweaking but the graphics are gorgeous.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
NeroNoah wrote:
What can I say...Diablo 3 already happened, there is no point in bitching about it anymore. It's the comfort food of ARPGs.

You mean the McDonald's of ARPGs.
Lol, no.
#NeverGoing90
"
Sinthetick wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
What can I say...Diablo 3 already happened, there is no point in bitching about it anymore. It's the comfort food of ARPGs.

You mean the McDonald's of ARPGs.

Its the generic brand mac n cheese of arpgs.
Put it this way, my naive ass didn't even know this game existed while i was wasting time on diablo. I haven't been back since.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info