New player!

Good luck Exile, whatever path you choose.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Welcome to PoE! :-)

"
Bobflob6 wrote:
The skill tree is what pulled me in, and seems like you can have HUGE diversity of characters.
Just remember that diversity of builds is whatever you make of it. For the veteran players, they know that they're pumping a lot of passive points into life, energy shield, and or mana is important for defenses. More of the former (life) after 3.0 and the XBox release. And you'll want to put points towards the mechanics and damage types that works for your build. So yes, diversity from the start is there, but once you have a build focus, that diversity dries up quite a bit.

"
Bobflob6 wrote:
The skill gem system is a bit weird to wrap my head around.
Yeah, D3 just had sockets for upgrading gear, where as in PoE those sockets are your skills and their supporting gems. It will be easy enough to switch your mindset on that after some time investment in PoE.

"
Bobflob6 wrote:
...having my ID/TP scrolls count as a method of payment is a bit weird.
Early in game Orbs of Alteration and Orbs of Alchemy matter more for currency when trading. Later in game Chaos Orbs, Cartographer's Chisels, and Exalted Orbs matter more.

Thanks for the advice. Now that I've played a bit I have made some pretty interesting skills. Melee splash Riposte, Enhanced crit double strike ( both weapons strike at once ), and 100% poison chance venom strike just to name a few. Also my stash of currencies are growing as well <3

I'm trying to make my Shadow a dual wielding "Poisoned Dagger", but seems like the skills that buff poison are a bit out of reach. So for now I'm kinda going with a general DW build that can apply poison debuf ( venom strike ), and then melee him to death with my Dub strike as a finisher move <3

It may not be optimal, but oh boy its totally cool!
Is there anything worth the time anymore?
"
KOrchann wrote:
Welcome to Wraeclast ;)
PoE can b a bit frustrating at some points, but it’s just about knowing what to do;) PoE wiki is a big help an ppl on forums do help a lot and if u get a wery lost just look at some guide for beginners and t main thing DONT GIVE UP! ;) PoE is good game it just take a bit of time to figure out how things work;)
GL&HF

So far I'm enjoying it, and have gotten used to most of the basic mechanics.
"
Sarno wrote:
Howdy, welcome and such. :)

I think it might be best to choose between game versions. Otherwise if you spend some money on the game (e.g. a couple of stash tabs), half the time you won’t have access to what you’ve spent money on. Also there may come a point where you just want to start progressing more quickly and having multiple characters at one time becomes a pain. Just my $0.02.

I plan on making PC version the main staple while having the Xbone as the "Testing Facility" :P
"
Bobflob6 wrote:

In time I will learn the ropes
And quit.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info