New player!

Greetings Exiles!

I've recently came across the Xbone version and have a 21 marauder in act 2 at the moment. Figured i should try the PC version as well. The extent of my ARPG knowledge is kinda limited to the realm of Diablo, and possibly some games that i cannot recall that were possibly pseudo-ARPGs. The skill tree is what pulled me in, and seems like you can have HUGE diversity of characters. The skill gem system is a bit weird to wrap my head around. On Xbone I currently have heavy strike supported with melee splash and ruthless which makes for a fun "Bonk you on the head, and your dead" experience. SO far the only big gripe I have is the currency system. Since I'm so used to having massive piles of worthless gold sitting in my stash, having my ID/TP scrolls count as a method of payment is a bit weird.

If you'd like to play with me on XBone... My GT is CalicoTadpole, and IGN is GodBodyMooly. Please send a message first with something along the lines of PoE to identify people.

In time I will learn the ropes, and hopefully see what Wraeclast has to offer me.
Is there anything worth the time anymore?
Last bumped on Oct 11, 2017, 8:37:36 PM
welcome to wraeclast, exile.

have fun exploring the game and remember: the end of the normal game is just the beginning.

the currency system is pretty simple, wiki explains their uses. if you find an exalt, divine or mirror just keep them for later. use the other currency as you see fit.

when trading with other players they mostly want chaos orbs so you may save those too until you can make them yourself using the npc trader recipe.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 10, 2017, 9:37:15 AM
Welcome! Best of luck. New League starts in early December. Use this time to prep for it. Don't devote yourself to your first character... it's just training you.
"
Bobflob6 wrote:
Greetings Exiles!
... In time I will learn the ropes, and hopefully see what Wraeclast has to offer me.

If you are in any way, shape, or form caring about the environment then you will be very sad how the caretakers of Wraeclast (aka the GGG overlords) have allowed the island to be over-run with white trash. it's appalling just how littered the landscape is with all the trash loot that is not worth vendoring so it just gets left to pile up and pollute the landscape.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Bobflob6 wrote:
Greetings Exiles!
... In time I will learn the ropes, and hopefully see what Wraeclast has to offer me.

If you are in any way, shape, or form caring about the environment then you will be very sad how the caretakers of Wraeclast (aka the GGG overlords) have allowed the island to be over-run with white trash. it's appalling just how littered the landscape is with all the trash loot that is not worth vendoring so it just gets left to pile up and pollute the landscape.

That's the first thing I've noticed while playin' on Xbone... Whites everywhere that getting in the way of me attacking 'cause the pick up button is the same for basic attack ;(

I'm currently picking everything up so i can get a nice stash of Wisdom scrolls, but after that i dunno if its worth the time.
"
vio wrote:
welcome to wraeclast, exile.

have fun exploring the game and remember: the end of the normal game is just the beginning.

the currency system is pretty simple, wiki explains their uses. if you find an exalt, divine or mirror just keep them for later. use the other currency as you see fit.

when trading with other players they mostly want chaos orbs so you may save those too until you can make them yourself using the npc trader recipe.

Thanks for the advice.
Welcome to PoE! :-)

"
Bobflob6 wrote:
The skill tree is what pulled me in, and seems like you can have HUGE diversity of characters.
Just remember that diversity of builds is whatever you make of it. For the veteran players, they know that they're pumping a lot of passive points into life, energy shield, and or mana is important for defenses. More of the former (life) after 3.0 and the XBox release. And you'll want to put points towards the mechanics and damage types that works for your build. So yes, diversity from the start is there, but once you have a build focus, that diversity dries up quite a bit.

"
Bobflob6 wrote:
The skill gem system is a bit weird to wrap my head around.
Yeah, D3 just had sockets for upgrading gear, where as in PoE those sockets are your skills and their supporting gems. It will be easy enough to switch your mindset on that after some time investment in PoE.

"
Bobflob6 wrote:
...having my ID/TP scrolls count as a method of payment is a bit weird.
Early in game Orbs of Alteration and Orbs of Alchemy matter more for currency when trading. Later in game Chaos Orbs, Cartographer's Chisels, and Exalted Orbs matter more.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 10, 2017, 12:55:02 PM
If you stick around, youre in for a treat. :)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Welcome to Wraeclast ;)
PoE can b a bit frustrating at some points, but it’s just about knowing what to do;) PoE wiki is a big help an ppl on forums do help a lot and if u get a wery lost just look at some guide for beginners and t main thing DONT GIVE UP! ;) PoE is good game it just take a bit of time to figure out how things work;)
GL&HF
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Howdy, welcome and such. :)

I think it might be best to choose between game versions. Otherwise if you spend some money on the game (e.g. a couple of stash tabs), half the time you won’t have access to what you’ve spent money on. Also there may come a point where you just want to start progressing more quickly and having multiple characters at one time becomes a pain. Just my $0.02.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info