[3.1] Inferno Sprinkler Knight: Uber Lab - T16 - Shaper - Elder - League Starter (Molten Strike)

"
Hey I recently followed your build but I'm no where near as tanky as you are in the videos. could you look at my gear and setup let me know? Thanks. IGN: Jiwooo
Like bitbite said, you need to make your characters public.

"
I'm considering this as a league starter, never had a sprinkler build before, how much do they usually cost early on? because Lycosidae is bound to be super expensive.
It is hard for me to recommend this as a starter in it's current state, as far as I know Brutus can only be gambled from Div cards or by running Perandus (it is a "relatively" common Cadiro offer), which is out of rotation this league. Since we don't know where Time lost Relic cards will drop or if the map containing it will be a good place to farm, Brutus might be terribly expensive this league. Lycosidae being a lot more rare will also impact the price.

Dyadus can work, but performance will obviously be worse. It is about 25-40% less dps compared to Brutus with strength gear.
Lycosidae can be replaced with Evasion based shield, they can roll up to 400 accuracy. Together with Versatility and Precision nodes, we should hit comfortable 87-89% accuracy. High life roll on shield will help since we need to sacrifice something to be able to afford these nodes.
I think Brutus might be hovering around 6-8 exalted during first few weeks of the league, it can be more expensive, but who knows - it could also be much cheaper.
Dyadus is fine for starters but having to wait and farm until you can afford your end game weapon can be tiresome. End game upgrades are a bit expensive (enchant, Xoph's, Brutus), so it might be hard for the build to be a good starter, since something like Frostbolt totems will clear maps three times as fast, and bossing will be hard until you can afford one of the bigger upgrades.

Personally, I'm trying to decide between this build and Oro's Flicker Elementalist (if it works good, expect a build guide in the future).
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Thanks for the reply. I am going to start as something else and hopefully end up with enough currency to play this not too far into the league. It looks like a really fun build and i enjoy molten strike so hopefully once i get some currency i can make it happen.

"
bitbite11 wrote:
"
fantabulous wrote:
Hey I recently followed your build but I'm no where near as tanky as you are in the videos. could you look at my gear and setup let me know? Thanks. IGN: Jiwooo

You need to make your characters public.

I'm considering this as a league starter, never had a sprinkler build before, how much do they usually cost early on? because Lycosidae is bound to be super expensive.

Thanks, I think I made it public now, please check for me.

thank you!
Does the new (thiefs' torment) version struggle hard with map clearing? Lack of rings and dmg aura is a hard hit. Any way we can improve it or probably adapt the build to use legacy acuity?
P.S. don't look at my character as i'm only levelling it :)
Last edited by im666im666 on Dec 10, 2017, 4:57:59 AM
"
Does the new (thiefs' torment) version struggle hard with map clearing? Lack of rings and dmg aura is a hard hit.
You could just run with Anger aura for additional dps, your survivability for maps will be more then enough. It's only vs Guardians/Shaper/Atziri where you might want to get more unreserved mana so you can tank bigger hits. In this case, just turn it off before bosses. Lack of strength/damage/life on rings is an issue, but Thief's improves survivability by so disgusting amount that it is foolish not to use it, especially since they are only around 4-6c even at the start of the league.

Clearspeed is fine, no longer one shotting packs but still enough to kill everything apart from tougher rares in one Multistrike roll. You could also use Molten Strike+AoE+Ancestral Call instead of Multistrike for decent clearspeed, but you lose range andvantage and it's a bit more clunky to use.

"
Thanks, I think I made it public now, please check for me.

thank you!
ES versions were serverily nerfed (first they fixed the bug that leeched more into ES with Soul Tether, then they killed VP in 3.1), so I would not recommend them at this point in time, as survivability will be a big issue for them. The only way to make this version work like the old one, would be to use Thief's Torment and rare/Stygian belt with high resistances instead of Soul Tether, also use new Elder amulet with Energy shield gain on hit, but these are going to be horribly expensive.

For now, the best way to get great survivability is to get Thief's and roll with Life version, or Life+MoM for bit lower dps but extra defense.

My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Last edited by Bristoling on Dec 11, 2017, 5:59:35 AM
With Mantra of Flames getting a limit of only 1; what would you recommend for the last two gems on the budget build? Any Unique gems that would be less costly than yellows?
Just managed to grab a sprinkler on abyss (10 ex the price is ridic) and a Lycosidae. Going to start leveling this char soon. Xoph's blood is a bit out of reach atm, but will save up.

Quick question looking at your character though (the 3.1 thiefs torment one), why do you still use shapers touch gloves? do they really provide a benefit if we dont need the ES?

Also do you know the value of % str or stats vs flat on gear? Some of the new shaper/elder gear can get % stats which seems insane.

Hopefully going to have fun melting some bosses this league.

Also is there any chance of getting enough leech with the new VP to make the hybrid version viable again.

And lastly, what is the end game dps like with the thiefs torment version? I don't know how to calc it on PoB but it only shows your char at like 100k with Molten strike.
Last edited by bitbite11 on Dec 13, 2017, 3:09:56 AM
For budget jewels, you can choose Abyss jewels since they can roll with very high flat fire and other elements, they are also quite cheap even with added flat life.

I'm using Shapers for the MoM version, but you might be right sir, rare gloves with life and attack speed might be a much better option if you prefer to reserve bigger portion of your mana and feel like MoM isn't necessary for survivability. I chose it because it still allows mindless facetanking, Shapers add a lot of mana in this case.

%attributes vs flat strength, well it all depends on how big the difference is. For example if your build has 800 strength without Alberons, additional 10% will add 80 strength, while additional 50 strength will add only 59. 5% out of 800 is only 40 strength.
So yes they can be quite powerful, but you need to judge it on a case to case basis. In general, if you are strength stacking, anything with 10% attribute should be stronger then 50-55 flat strength.

PoB is currently bugged, since Multistrike should be a net gain of dps for balls, but it's displayed as a dps loss. Molten ball dps should be slightly higher then what melee part of PoB says.
If you want to calculate true dps, use the calculator which I linked to somewhere in the opening post, but take your Molten Strike ball dps without Multistrike and multiply it by the same amount as your melee hit is increased.

Thiefs Torment version is more or less half the dps of what I had in videos as life/es hybrid. Of course you can still run Anger and get more dps instead of mana on the tree, but since personally I haven't tested it, I don't want to be recommending it just yet.
My build guides:

Last edited by Bristoling on Dec 13, 2017, 2:18:56 AM
How do feel about getting two rings with life on hit on them? Could equal about 30 life on hit or with really good ones about 40, which is lower than thiefs torment, but we could gain more str + life + easier res cap, or even some more damage.

Would that kind of life on hit be enough? or do we really need the higher cap that thiefs torment gives.

Edit: Also is there a different clearing build usable besides sunder? been playing it as a lab farmer and kinda sick of playing it :P
Last edited by bitbite11 on Dec 13, 2017, 5:29:12 AM
You mean new Elder/Shaped mods? You can definitely try it. I don't think there is a specific number, all depends on number of balls and what content you are tackling. Haven't tested it much personally, only ever with Thief's and MoM.

You could go Mathil's route and use 5L Molten and 5L Frost Blades or Wild Strike. Wild Strike and Frost Blades both have good clearspeed but if you want to full dps vs bosses, it will be lower since replacing FB/WS with Faster Attacks isn't as good as replacing it with Conc Effect.

It is something to try out to get the numbers right and improve the build, but I'll probably will have to leave it till I level another character. You could try it and post your feedback till then :)
My build guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info