[3.1] Flame Golem + Burn Spectre Summoner

3.1 Edit - WIP

Spoiler

Due to new items and mods available there are some possible changes to the build. One is using a helmet with 'elder' which allows it to roll a lot of minion related mods.

This is the helmet I am going to craft to link for my spectres. There's also the possibility of getting cooldown reduction on belt (and boots, but you use bones of ullr anyway) which gives faster convocation. Must have if you can get it. I've also gotten a neck which provides a level 22 discipline, freeing up a gem slot

Lastly, you have the abyss jewels which provide some very strong bonuses

To start things off and get you in the correct mood, listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Tw8baMPpM

Now, on with the show!

Have you ever wanted to watch your minions BURN EVERYTHING? Cover the world with incinerating fire? Or just lob balls of hot magma to set your enemies ablaze and watch them turn into a cinder. If any of this sounds appealing to you and you also want to be ridiculously tanky and able to do ALL content in the game, feel free to read on.

Mechanical overview: Offense

The build uses 4 Flame Golems, 2-3 Tukohama Vanguards, 1 Wickerman and 1 animate guardian. The flame golems are 6-linked in the chest armour and the Spectres are 4-linked in a helmet crafted with Essence of Horror (socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage) which makes them an effective 5-link. Coupled with the fact that there aren't really any notable "burn"-based support gems you're missing, this will more than suffice to make your spectres deal incredible damage. The animate guardian will be covered in a later section but the gist of it is to increase single target damage, particularly vs bosses, so that you can kill Shaper guardians very fast.

Mechanical overview: Defense
The build uses hybrid health in the form of Life and Energy shield. As such we are very interested in nodes increasing both of these. Besides that, it uses a very strong Blasphemy Temporal Chains which allows us to move close to monsters and (and the slow isn't bad at all versus bosses either) while being safe. Adding to it, discipline is used for the bonus to energy shield. With decent gear (much room for improvement if you're wealthy) this sits at about 6000 life and 6000 shield, making it exceptionally tanky and sturdy versus all forms of content. In fact, this build has been deathless since I changed a previous character to this and started leveling. This includes all guardians for example.

Requirements before you start
This is not really a viable starter build due to it requiring a couple of Golem Jewels. You can of course start with it but the jewels are expensive so if you don't know how to make a lot of currency rapidly it will most likely feel sluggish to play. As such, I would recommend not doing this build until you have the following:

1x Primordial Might, 1x Anima stone (created by combining primordial might - harmony - eminence and sell to vendor), 2x Primordial Harmony. Furthermore I would suggest having at least a 5-link chest, Vis Mortis preferably or a Skin of the Loyal for example with correct colours, Bones of Ullr and 1 Essence of Horror so you can craft a helmet

Skill trees:
Spoiler

End-game tree, currently level 96:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQUACTMAAH8EBwSzBx4I9AthDXwNzRFQEZYUIBZvGjgbJRzOHNwi9CSqJy8o-itQNZI1uTbpOlg64TwtQYdEBEVHSVFJsUuuTLNNuU3jUEdVxlfJWfNakVxrXz9mVGaeZ5to8mpDaqxr22wLbRlyD3KpfRh_xoLHg1-DzIPbhEiFYIhAjHaPGpAzkFWTJ5RvlS6YraEvogCmV6aspyuofarErJisqq4-r2yvp7QMtzG3PriTvOq-isBmw23E9sauytPMvNAf0_vXz9i92VvfiuNq5FHpAuq67IrvDu-I7-vwH_DV8kX2SPfX-Tf56PrS_gr-VP6PFSc5C0eFjLGbir5P2V7-gQAAAAAA

For the jewel sockets you want the following: Primordial Might - Primordial Harmony x2 - Anima Stone. In the last socket I have a generic rare jewel with Minion damage and % increase to life

To level this build just use any generic ability up to level 41 (I suggest summon raging spirit - minion damage - melee splash in a 3-linked weapon with + to fire gems) and at that point you'll want to have 2x clayshapers and all the golem jewelry available. This way you'll breeze through everything until the endgame, at which point you'll use a shield instead of one of the clayshapers and summon spectres as well. At level 41 I recommend having the following skill tree:

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAGEACQMAAC3fiukCS64bJdlbbRkI9GpDvOp9GGvbTLPQH-_rBAeD21XGOlgi9GwLkye-iqEvytO0DOq6DXxXySj6uJMc3I8agsf56EGHtz6DzDwtg1_viPk3189Jsf4K2L0AAAAAAA==

And then I would just fill out and get as much hp and such as possible. Don't bother taking energy shield nodes until you have some high level gear with both life and ES.

Gem links:
Spoiler

Spectre: 4-link Helmet crafted with Essence of Horror: Raise Spectre- Minion Damag - Increased Burning Damage - Elemental Focus.
Flame Golems: 6-link in this order: Flame Golem - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Level 4 Empower OR Fire Penetration

4-Link Gloves: Bone offering - Flesh Offering - Increased Duration. Convocation does not need to be linked but doesn't hurt either

2-link in weapon: Cast when damage taken - immortal call. Make these be low level or it will cast Stone Golem each time you take damage and you don't want that. Unlinked is Arc or Ball lightning, used to direct your minions and proc Elemental Equilibrium for a large damage increase

3-link Shield: Animate Guardian - Empower - Minion Life. The purpose of the guardian is to survive because resummoning him with the items required is highly annoying, so the more life he has the more durable he'll become. Fortify is probably a decent tradeoff instead of Empower but I prefer the extra health.

3-link Boots: Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Enhance. Note that my boots are corrupted to +1 gems, it's not required but it helps make temporal chains even stronger. Unlinked in the boots is Desecrate.

Unset ring 1: Discipline. I craft unset rings with Shrieking essence of fear. If you happen to get + to gems it becomes even more awesome, but it's pretty rare
Unset ring 2: Flame Dash, mainly to move around cliffs and such

Gear:
Spoiler

The best possible helmet enchant for you would be 30% increased convocation recovery speed, as it's not only a huge quality of life but also a great improvement in clearing. Buying a level 84 helmet with that enhant to use an essence of horror on should not be too expensive this league.

If you enchant your gloves, the only one that benefits you is the one that procs icy skulls. For boots I prefer the corruption of +1 but otherwise the 10% movement speed if you haven't taken damage recently is pretty nice.

Animate Guardian:
Spoiler

The purpose of the animate guardian is to increase your single target damage (e.g. bosses, essence monsters etc) and outside of that he's just a cool bro who hangs out with you, so you don't want him to die. Thus we try to increase his survivability.

So how does he increase your single target damage? Well, we give him 2x Dyadus axes:

The circled text is what we want. By him whacking the boss you'll increase the damage your Tukohama Vanguards deal by a lot, which is how we kill bosses rapidly. Besides the Dyadus we'll want to use an Icetomb as well:

Because it adds a longer chill duration, which makes the uptime of the buff more consistent

Other than that, we add things to give him general survivability increase - Personally I gave mine Voll's hat and a pair of rare gloves with high resist and some life. I also run these boots:

Because you get a sweet movement speed increase which is really helpful since bones of ullr is slow.

Spectres:
Spoiler

We use 2-3 Tukohama Vanguards and 1 Wickermen.

Vanguards can be found in the Coast (level 46 area) and Wickermen can be found in The Ravaged Square (64 area). After one of each monster has been summmoned you can open a map in your hideout and then use desecrate until you get the corpses you want. What I do each play session is to open either a Lair of the Hydra or Forge of the Phoenix map (making sure the map does not have an "inhabited by x" affix. After I summon what I want I clear the map and then go on with my play session. Starting from next week this should no longer be required as Spectres will be permanent. REJOICE!

NOTE: This trick does not work in every map, some map tilesets just won't be able to spawn the monsters you want.

Here's a list of Maps that can spawn the Tukohama Vanguards and Wickermen (shamelessly stolen from Natt):

T3 Sewer, Vaal Pyramid
T4 Academ, Villa, Graveyard, Waste Pool, Dungeon
T5 Burial Chambers, The Pale Court
T6 Vaal City
T7 Cells, Catacombs
T8 Cemetery
T9 Crypt, Temple, Overgrown Shrine, Museum
T10 Arsenal
T11 Torture Chambers, Chateau
T12 Residence, Necropolis, Crematorium, Ivory Temple
T13 Scriptorium, Plaza
T14 Maze, Palace, Shrine
T15 Overgrown Ruins
T16 Forge of the Phoenix, Lair of the Hydra, Vaal Temple
T17 The Shaper's Realm, mini-boss rooms that correspond to the maps above. Also a low chance in Portal area.

Videos:
Spoiler

Chayula's Breach Domain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_nlD_1X80
This was a proof of concept for the build from Standard. I liked it a lot so I invested a bit in Harbinger to create the character I am currently playing called Maiel.

Forge of the Phoenix map
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPwB9y-W2Fc&feature=youtu.be

Shaper's Domain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_64-BVbpndI&feature=youtu.be
If you aren't a dumbass like me (I thought he was going to phase...) you'll do this deathless easily. Lost my Guardian too which makes me sad :(

Last edited by allana on Dec 25, 2017, 3:21:35 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2018, 2:01:13 PM
Lol, exactly what I tried since yesterday, when I hit lv 95.

It feels good so far. A little bit quicker for mapping as without golems. Only tried Hydra and a couple of t15 Maps. How is Shaper going for you?
"
Maruba wrote:
Lol, exactly what I tried since yesterday, when I hit lv 95.

It feels good so far. A little bit quicker for mapping as without golems. Only tried Hydra and a couple of t15 Maps. How is Shaper going for you?

Added a phoenix + shaper video. If you're not a total dumbass like I am then you won't ever die to shaper >_<
I am done with the league but still think this is one of the most enjoyable and best builds I've made. Almost to 97 so now that you're able to get the spectres you want if you're looking for a fun late league build, I can wholly recommend this
I am currently leveling a new character in the abyss league and am in the process of updating this guide. Primordial jewels are a lot cheaper this time around so I can wholly recommend this to someone who wants to make a strong summoner which clear maps and bosses equally fast. The new elder and shaper items should help as well, a crafted elder helmet with the essence of horror could net a possible 7 or 8 linked spectre as well. Crazy.

what did u do for the bandits?
Hey man, I'm trying to run something similiar, but I can't help but feel that the clear speed is absolute garbage for the investment Ive made and bossing isn't even that great.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hendrikahn/characters

Character GenericAbyssName, could you tell me what you'd change?
"
hendrikahn wrote:
Hey man, I'm trying to run something similiar, but I can't help but feel that the clear speed is absolute garbage for the investment Ive made and bossing isn't even that great.

Hi, well you don't have any animate guardian with double dyadus for very high boss damage. Plus 1 more golem helps a bit, although I guess you like the movement speed around the map with brightbeak.

Other upgrades you could make would be 21/20 flame golem, fire pen instead of lvl 3 empower (lvl 4 empower is pretty solid though)

I'd also remove the eminence in favor of another harmony. The more harmonies the more damage your golems will provide while clearing, so if you feel like map mobs are dying too slowly -> invest more into golems. If you want bosses to die faster, work on an animated guardian

I've crafted a few items for my build this league, you can see my AG setup below too

"
allana wrote:
"
hendrikahn wrote:

Hi, well you don't have any animate guardian with double dyadus for very high boss damage. Plus 1 more golem helps a bit, although I guess you like the movement speed around the map with brightbeak.

Other upgrades you could make would be 21/20 flame golem, fire pen instead of lvl 3 empower (lvl 4 empower is pretty solid though)

I'd also remove the eminence in favor of another harmony. The more harmonies the more damage your golems will provide while clearing, so if you feel like map mobs are dying too slowly -> invest more into golems. If you want bosses to die faster, work on an animated guardian

I've crafted a few items for my build this league, you can see my AG setup below too

Hey man, thanks for your reply. I have animate guardian in my weapon swap with a terror scourge claw for boss fights. I just feel like the clear speed is so garbage in comparison to simply running 4 solar guards as I was before.
"
Zerohero18 wrote:
what did u do for the bandits?

kill all for any summoner build is a good rule of thumb. you could leave alira alive if you were doing a mind over matter build that used a lot of uniques (such as IIQ ones) and you could use the mana reg/res

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info