[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

How does Lightning Tendrils works with Elemental Overload and Controlled Destruction? What causes EO to proc, if nothing can crit?
Last edited by LordOmni on Dec 18, 2017, 2:06:40 PM
"
How does Lightning Tendrils works with Elemental Overload and Controlled Destruction? What causes EO to proc, if nothing can crit?
5% and 95%. think about those numbers and it will make sense to you
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
"
5% and 95%. think about those numbers and it will make sense to you

Made progress: I've found in wiki, that spell crit chance can not be less than 5% even with -100% from controlled destruction. May be that is 5% you are talking about. 95% is a mystery yet.
Other calculations is simple: LT hits 4 times per sec, that gives 100% crit every 5 sec in average.

Am I right?

P.S. What 95% is about?
As a test I tried to find armor for under 5c and took life regen where I could to see if I could stand still without dying.

Even with the phoenix shield I still see my HP going down, what am I doing wrong?
"
Am I right?

P.S. What 95% is about?

Yup, that's right. The 95% is the maximum crit chance cap. For whatever reasons, GGG decided that crit chance could never go below 5 or above 95.

"
Ubering wrote:
Even with the phoenix shield I still see my HP going down, what am I doing wrong?

You're doing nothing wrong, with 85% fire resist (shield and level 23 purity of fire), RF will degen at a rate of 12.15%, (12.96% with level 20 PoF, and 13.77% with below 20). The build gets 9.9% life regen from tree, and a maximum of 1.6% from a marble amulet. This leaves you at 11.5% life regeneration, so having a little degen is normal. You could manage to avoid degenerating if you sacrificed boots resistance implicit in favor of a lab enchant (2%). There's also a load of super strong new jewels and shaper/elder mods that could help you achieve this if you really wanted it, but it isn't really necessary. Degenerating at a rate of 1~2% is almost negligible, you can just use a flask and run through mobs and get leech stacks from explosions. For single target, just hitting the target will keep your RF up.
"
lucksickle wrote:

"
Ubering wrote:

You're doing nothing wrong, with 85% fire resist (shield and level 23 purity of fire), RF will degen at a rate of 12.15%, (12.96% with level 20 PoF, and 13.77% with below 20). The build gets 9.9% life regen from tree, and a maximum of 1.6% from a marble amulet. This leaves you at 11.5% life regeneration, so having a little degen is normal. You could manage to avoid degenerating if you sacrificed boots resistance implicit in favor of a lab enchant (2%). There's also a load of super strong new jewels and shaper/elder mods that could help you achieve this if you really wanted it, but it isn't really necessary. Degenerating at a rate of 1~2% is almost negligible, you can just use a flask and run through mobs and get leech stacks from explosions. For single target, just hitting the target will keep your RF up.
you talk about degening, when for me even rate of VP leech is sometimes meh. I play DW sunder atm and slayer full leech without RF is really good for facetanking anything. Yet to find vessel for arakalli's inc recovery(ssf btw) which will set leech even higher.
So after testing DP will out scale lightning tend if and anywhere u can get more than 25% increased damage of some sort buy using a yellow/unique it will result in more damage(I.E chaos rings with upto 33% increased chaos even with 25% and added damage to spells will outscale) i have also kinda made an improved tree for vaal pact makes more sense less travel nodes more hp/damage(i am currently @ 8600 @ 92) My gear is mehish atm long way to go. A good mix of both stygian and reg jewels is best way just keep an eye on where adding flat health V % health will even out reg jewels CAN provide more damage but also keep in mind that u can roll added damage to spells on stygian jewels which btw go a lot farther than 1 would think. I have done PoB testing for for both with DP reaching ~ 6mil with perfect gear so 3mil should b easily reachable(keep in mind that for boss fights u can equip a cheap amulet{gloomfang} and this will give u plenty of extra sustain making elder{and possibly shaper} a lot easier.) my Feed back is well it is fairly cheap to get started(5L can clear t14+ with ease) if u wanted to take it end game u can sink some currency in and make it as viable as any other build out there with higher boss damage than your typical RF build(i personally like to have ignite imm on a health flask to shut off RF for boss fights as it isnt really nessecary for boss fights.) Also another thing u can do once higher lvl and with correct gear(chaos leech of some sort) is switch out warlords for despair buy 2 enlightens drop flame golem put blasmpahmy despair PoF enlighten in 1 group and run a lvl 20 clarity + enlighten somewhere else(personally u can put it on spell totem gear and just drop FCR and run spell totem, wither , enlighten, clarity gives u enough mana and regen to spam on bosses with the leech life from chaos more than sustain as u have plenty of dps to reach LLPS cap.
In your tree you dropped jewel, AOE and Spell/Ele damage nodes for health. Of cource you can have more health that way. And if you drop +25% inc. dmg. to RF + explosions + LT and get +dmg to DP instead - your DP will be stronger that LT alone. Thats the way to change original build to "no RF selfcast DP+obliteration", may be it can be a boss killer build. But obliteration explosions will suffer alot and it may turn into "just DP+leech" build.

For now I want to run around and blow thing up just by passing next to them, for example o) Will think about Shaper/Elder kills when will get there.
Last edited by LordOmni on Dec 19, 2017, 10:27:37 AM
"
ngoltz91 wrote:
So after testing DP will out scale lightning tend if and anywhere u can get more than 25% increased damage of some sort buy using a yellow/unique it will result in more damage(I.E chaos rings with upto 33% increased chaos even with 25% and added damage to spells will outscale) i have also kinda made an improved tree for vaal pact makes more sense less travel nodes more hp/damage(i am currently @ 8600 @ 92) My gear is mehish atm long way to go. A good mix of both stygian and reg jewels is best way just keep an eye on where adding flat health V % health will even out reg jewels CAN provide more damage but also keep in mind that u can roll added damage to spells on stygian jewels which btw go a lot farther than 1 would think. I have done PoB testing for for both with DP reaching ~ 6mil with perfect gear so 3mil should b easily reachable(keep in mind that for boss fights u can equip a cheap amulet{gloomfang} and this will give u plenty of extra sustain making elder{and possibly shaper} a lot easier.) my Feed back is well it is fairly cheap to get started(5L can clear t14+ with ease) if u wanted to take it end game u can sink some currency in and make it as viable as any other build out there with higher boss damage than your typical RF build(i personally like to have ignite imm on a health flask to shut off RF for boss fights as it isnt really nessecary for boss fights.) Also another thing u can do once higher lvl and with correct gear(chaos leech of some sort) is switch out warlords for despair buy 2 enlightens drop flame golem put blasmpahmy despair PoF enlighten in 1 group and run a lvl 20 clarity + enlighten somewhere else(personally u can put it on spell totem gear and just drop FCR and run spell totem, wither , enlighten, clarity gives u enough mana and regen to spam on bosses with the leech life from chaos more than sustain as u have plenty of dps to reach LLPS cap.
while on paper DP is nice and does shit ton more damage, it drains your life way too fast. Probably with RF drop we can go for that, but with RF it feels really terrible sometimes.
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Dec 19, 2017, 5:26:11 PM
"
while on paper DP is nice and does shit ton more damage, it drains your life way too fast. Probably with RF drop we can go for that, but with RF it feels really terrible sometimes.

i completely agree with both running it is a bit much for regen however RF doesnt actually provide that much dps when compared to DP and with this build is really only there to help u clear trash and from my experience tbh u dont even need to run RF it just makes mapping smoother, it is completely possible to run around with just DP and do the maps NP u just have to stop for every pack.
I am currently testing out your style of the build and tbh idk if i am doing somethign wrong but it feels really really clunky for a lot of fights missing a lot of health maybe or something? idk the lightning tends style of the build feels more safe and TBH DP even feels safer yes you damage yourself but you have more health to back it up and with the switch of 1 item more leech then u need more health to take punchs and A LOT more damage.
Last edited by ngoltz91 on Dec 20, 2017, 2:51:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info