[3.1] Quill Poison Raider | ALL map mods | Fast | "Tanky" | 3M DPS | Facetank | 100+ arrows/second

^^ can you make a pob linking to that?
i gave it a try with swapping your trees but keeping the op's items. i get 2497917 dps im not the best at optimizing pob though.
Last edited by Fhark on Oct 4, 2017, 3:13:10 PM
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Madbeats wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
I rolled this in beta - tons of fun. Found it hard to go back to a slow APS bow build after it.

Didn't bother writing it up after some bad Reddit experiences, but I prefer the Scion variation with Ice Shot for AOE - super effective. It's mainly for the increased recovery from Trickster. You can either go Raider for Frenzies on Hit, or Occultist + CoH gloves for the DPS boost. bHere's my PoB: Sherkhan's Quillshot.

According to the PoB your barrage is 250k dps fully buffed.

You do realize that your entire PoB tooltip is dependent on setting your Wither stacks to 20? In comparison, I didn't bother setting a Wither totem in PoB - amounts to a whopping 2.4x difference (before accounting for my lack of Dying Sun, which greatly affects Barrage DPS). If you set the toggles on my setup to match yours, then I easily surpass your DPS with cheaper gear.

I'm not sure whether you're willfully deceptive, or just ignorant.

Except with your settings (no wither) I get 685k DPS with barrage and you get 250k.

I don't need your hostility either, you can fix that before replying or I'm just going to ignore you.
IGN - Imgur
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Madbeats wrote:

Except with your settings (no wither) I get 685k DPS with barrage and you get 250k.

I don't need your hostility either, you can fix that before replying or I'm just going to ignore you.

Did you also add on dual +1 arrow corrupts, Dying Sun, etc? I gave you my export as a simple idea that most experienced PoB users can toggle. Instead, you insist on dismissing the concept based on puerile DPS numbers that you seem unable to decipher.

The Reddit hate might have had justification in your case. Grandiose claims and hostile defensiveness.

Good idea though, despite the inefficient implementation. Glad someone else picked up on it.

I added 2 additional arrows to your PoB link, it's almost half the damage as mine, no flasks, same configurations. Surely you aren't this delusional. You'd think someone would actually compare two PoB links before they act like a fool.
IGN - Imgur
^^ you can simply import sherkan's tree to your build in pob, its 500k less dmg not half.

On a different note its a nice build and looks like a lot of fun for chaining maps with high quantity, raider seems like the best choice for mapping if u like high movespeed.
Last edited by Fhark on Oct 4, 2017, 5:24:53 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
^^ you can simply import sherkan's tree to your build in pob, its 500k less dmg not half.

On a different note its a nice build and looks like a lot of fun for chaining maps with high quantity, raider seems like the best choice for mapping if u like high movespeed.

Yeah, It's a good fit for sure, there are other viable classes as well.
IGN - Imgur
what can you say about "The Pantheon"?
As soon as I saw this build I knew I wanted to play it. I even tried building on my own a similar concept but I couldn't make it work.

At any rate here are my thoughts so far (level 77, level 17 gems, 2/4 lab):

- Leveling was fairly smooth but once I could equip my gloves and chest is when things really started to shine. Probably the easiest Kitava kill I have had leveling.

- There has been talk of using double curse for increased dps. And while a +1 curse amulet can be a pricey option what about using
? You could even get +1 frenzy on them for cheap. The only downside I see is possible the res but most importantly the move speed.

- I remember seeing a +1 Maloney's for under 10c early league but after this build was published they went for 4ex minimum. Are there any other builds that use this quiver?

- I decided to corrupt my own quill rain. Research shows its about 1/98, I got it in 42 corruptions. Cost me about 80c (1c avg quill rain + vaal orb) of investment instead of buying one for 4ex+.

- While corrupting quill rains I managed to somehow corrupt this, what are the odds? Just wanted to share, 6l and all.

- I would also consider mentioning that culling strike on quill rain is a very nice budget or temporary option for obvious reasons. I got one intially for 20c.

- I also am looking at getting a +chaos damage to attacks implicit on Thiefs Torment, besides the loss of res any thoughts?

- Mapping has been very enjoyable, hard to die and love being able to run pretty much any map mod. My only grip so far is that its a little strange getting used to the ticking poison. Its less of an issue as I gear up though. Culling strike was most noticeable at this point.
This was a great build to run, very enjoyable and can do all content in the game smoothly, except obviously poison immune stuff.

For those interested in running it, I am selling all my setup pretty much optimized, even res-wise. My IGN is Knuckledust.

Last edited by Knuckledust13 on Oct 8, 2017, 10:36:10 AM
"
akhen0924 wrote:
As soon as I saw this build I knew I wanted to play it. I even tried building on my own a similar concept but I couldn't make it work.

At any rate here are my thoughts so far (level 77, level 17 gems, 2/4 lab):

- Leveling was fairly smooth but once I could equip my gloves and chest is when things really started to shine. Probably the easiest Kitava kill I have had leveling.

- There has been talk of using double curse for increased dps. And while a +1 curse amulet can be a pricey option what about using
? You could even get +1 frenzy on them for cheap. The only downside I see is possible the res but most importantly the move speed.

- I remember seeing a +1 Maloney's for under 10c early league but after this build was published they went for 4ex minimum. Are there any other builds that use this quiver?

- I decided to corrupt my own quill rain. Research shows its about 1/98, I got it in 42 corruptions. Cost me about 80c (1c avg quill rain + vaal orb) of investment instead of buying one for 4ex+.

- While corrupting quill rains I managed to somehow corrupt this, what are the odds? Just wanted to share, 6l and all.

- I would also consider mentioning that culling strike on quill rain is a very nice budget or temporary option for obvious reasons. I got one intially for 20c.

- I also am looking at getting a +chaos damage to attacks implicit on Thiefs Torment, besides the loss of res any thoughts?

- Mapping has been very enjoyable, hard to die and love being able to run pretty much any map mod. My only grip so far is that its a little strange getting used to the ticking poison. Its less of an issue as I gear up though. Culling strike was most noticeable at this point.

Wow, great breakdown and suggestions I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

About those boots, I think curses are too weak vs bosses for it to be worthwhile.
IGN - Imgur
I am really enjoying this build. My raider is alrdy lvl 90.

One thin i noticed is how rediculous added chaos damage is for this build.
If u can handle the resists then getting added chaos corruption on thief's torment is defiantly worth it.

Also while I was dabbaling in PoB I tried added the adding chaos boot enchant: Adds 120 to 180 Chaos Damage if you've taken a Critical Strike Recently.
In my setup it gave like and extra 1 MILLION dps to barrage.
Not suprisingly since this boot enchant is equal to about lvl 17 added chaos gem. Its such a shame that it is so hard to proc.
Atleast I can't wrap my head around how anyone can proc it reliably.
Last edited by Ulysses55 on Oct 8, 2017, 5:40:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info