[3.0] 22k EHP Hybrid RF/SR Guardian - BOSS KILLER - Harbinger League - 1.25M DPS

Why do we use Elemental Focus? Doesn't that gem prevent burning damage, or am I mistaken?
"
drunkenspider wrote:
Why do we use Elemental Focus? Doesn't that gem prevent burning damage, or am I mistaken?

"All fire DoT effects are burning damage, but not all of them are ignite. This is a key point when considering buffs and supports such as Elemental Focus Support, which prohibits any elemental status ailment with the linked skill. However since burning damage itself is not an ailment, this support can be used to increase the damage of burning damage for skills that deal burns without igniting, such as Scorching Ray, Righteous Fire, and Searing Bond."

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Oct 13, 2017, 10:30:06 PM
Awesome, thanks.
I'm level 69 now and I realize that I can not out-regen the RF damage. My purity of fire is only level 3 and I cannot afford anything to make it better atm. This is going to be problematic. Any thoughts?
"
Aevykin wrote:
Suggestion on the level 100 tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAUDAAceCPQLYQxfDXwOSA5cEQ8RLRFQEZYSaRQgFVAWbxccGFYbJRynHNwdFB8YIvQmiCcvJ6ko-iycNbk62DsNPC1Bh0PIRX5FnUlPSVFJsUuuTLNOUk8EUEdR-1NSU6VWSFfJW6Bca18qXz9mVGebaHRo8mpDavpsC20ZcXl0VXwOfIN8u35sf8aA4ILHg1-DzIRIhTKFe48aj0aQVZIrkyeVLpctmK2a4Jswm6GhL6IApRinCKcrp1WsmK4-r2y3MLc-uJO8qrzqvorDbcRYxYrGrs0W0B_XatfP2CTYvdlb2mLjauRR6FrpAuvu7DjvDu-I7-vwH_DV9kj31_k3-ej60v0A_go=?accountName=twolow&characterName=HOPESOLOfapChallenge

Drop elementalist and catalyse. Really fairly useless nodes for the value imo. Also drop dreamer and the three travel nodes between the jewel socket and foresight and instead get the dex and int->(str) to the right of deep wisdom. Also drop unnecessary ES nodes on unnatural calm wheel. Then drop Righteous decree and retribution + 5% Life above Discipline and training.

Now you have 14 points to spend: 2 points on the travel nodes to the right of deep wisdom - spend 5 points to get alchemist and 20 more strength to make up for lost str near dreamer. Spend the other 4 points to get Growth and Decay - 2% extra regen. Last 3 points into Purity of flesh for extra HP and 12% chaos res.

Basically we lose like 60% Max Mana, 24% max ES, and some other minor stuff, but we gain:

Alchemist which gives extra 1% max res if using ruby flask. 2% life regen and a little more damage from growth and decay I think beats 33% increased max mana and 6% increased ES near dreamer.

Lastly, I think +10 int and strength, 12% inc max life, and 12% chaos res also beats flat 18% increased ES from unnatural calm wheel. Changing this will add more life pool and little more tankiness against chaos damage - much more needed than max ES.

At level 99 you should have this entire tree except for the 8% max ES above Arcane Focus. At level 100 the last point you spec into will be the 8% max ES.

I think this is the truly min maxed tree.

i alrdy have growth and decay tho xd idk what tree you're lookin at
"
raptorcardz wrote:
I'm level 69 now and I realize that I can not out-regen the RF damage. My purity of fire is only level 3 and I cannot afford anything to make it better atm. This is going to be problematic. Any thoughts?

get as much regen as possible and drop life for more es
Guys, i'm kinda lazy to press such amount of buttons.

Any tips how to trigger EE+EO with single CODT?

I guess it must be some AOE skill with cold/lighting but I'm noobie and as I said lazy to test all these pretty spells.

I think link CODT + Increased Critical + Stone Golem + SOMETHING will add good amount of quality of life.
"
hwat wrote:
Guys, i'm kinda lazy to press such amount of buttons.

Any tips how to trigger EE+EO with single CODT?

I guess it must be some AOE skill with cold/lighting but I'm noobie and as I said lazy to test all these pretty spells.

I think link CODT + Increased Critical + Stone Golem + SOMETHING will add good amount of quality of life.

you can codt with tempest shield
"
Aevykin wrote:
Suggestion on the level 100 tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAUDAAceCPQLYQxfDXwOSA5cEQ8RLRFQEZYSaRQgFVAWbxccGFYbJRynHNwdFB8YIvQmiCcvJ6ko-iycNbk62DsNPC1Bh0PIRX5FnUlPSVFJsUuuTLNOUk8EUEdR-1NSU6VWSFfJW6Bca18qXz9mVGebaHRo8mpDavpsC20ZcXl0VXwOfIN8u35sf8aA4ILHg1-DzIRIhTKFe48aj0aQVZIrkyeVLpctmK2a4Jswm6GhL6IApRinCKcrp1WsmK4-r2y3MLc-uJO8qrzqvorDbcRYxYrGrs0W0B_XatfP2CTYvdlb2mLjauRR6FrpAuvu7DjvDu-I7-vwH_DV9kj31_k3-ej60v0A_go=?accountName=twolow&characterName=HOPESOLOfapChallenge

Drop elementalist and catalyse. Really fairly useless nodes for the value imo. Also drop dreamer and the three travel nodes between the jewel socket and foresight and instead get the dex and int->(str) to the right of deep wisdom. Also drop unnecessary ES nodes on unnatural calm wheel. Then drop Righteous decree and retribution + 5% Life above Discipline and training.

Now you have 14 points to spend: 2 points on the travel nodes to the right of deep wisdom - spend 5 points to get alchemist and 20 more strength to make up for lost str near dreamer. Spend the other 4 points to get Growth and Decay - 2% extra regen. Last 3 points into Purity of flesh for extra HP and 12% chaos res.

Basically we lose like 60% Max Mana, 24% max ES, and some other minor stuff, but we gain:

Alchemist which gives extra 1% max res if using ruby flask. 2% life regen and a little more damage from growth and decay I think beats 33% increased max mana and 6% increased ES near dreamer.

Lastly, I think +10 int and strength, 12% inc max life, and 12% chaos res also beats flat 18% increased ES from unnatural calm wheel. Changing this will add more life pool and little more tankiness against chaos damage - much more needed than max ES.

At level 99 you should have this entire tree except for the 8% max ES above Arcane Focus. At level 100 the last point you spec into will be the 8% max ES.

I think this is the truly min maxed tree.

still i dont think it need the alchemist wheel as if you use another ruby flask other than elixir, idk why you play this build. Sure 1% max fire res is neat but its like getting a +1 max res amulet ( overkill imo). Also at my level of gear ( not that good es ) skipping some life node to increase the net regen ( arcoding to PoB, es is easier to maintance cuz rf only burn 70% max es) is better bcuz theres not much chaos dmg source, unless youre gonna farm t15 ruin
after i took a peek at Aevykin's PoB, i think droppin alchemist, 2 node in scion wheel, that leave me with 7 points, i then take arsonist ( for more dmg ) or just run down barbarism for +1max res all the time, or with lv 100 tree we can take both cluster :D Maybe its just me but i dont really trust the flask thing if im not flaskfinder

heres the pastebin for my take on lv100 tree : https://pastebin.com/7evq30GY

edit : growth and decay give more regen than arsonist ( +200) with like 15k dps lost
Last edited by weoilikeher on Oct 14, 2017, 11:09:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info