HOW TO: BE RICH IN PoE. Economy Class: Flipping 101

I suggested awhile back that GGG make a smart phone app that can people can use to initiate trades while they're at work, and/or don't have access to a PC.
"
@ op: you and your type are what drive me to quit.

cya latah nerd. lul :P
"
we need an ah, this system feels like its more at home with d2 in the 90's...we literally just a a more sophisticated version of the d2 ah sites...I can never get behind anything that requires me to not play the game while playing the game...

Most of D2 trading was made on d2.jsp... ever heard?
Poe.trade is the equivalent.

No, we don't need an AH, that would ruin the economy. Trust me.

I'll be the first one to scam everyone legally.

What I've already said previously, and why Ingame AH is death.

Also, the bots are going to be INSANE, now, we have price fixers, which can be avoided if you look into your items more than just a glance, and if you aren't too lazy.

An AH means a TON and TON and TON of bots. TONS OF BOTS. LOADS OF BOTS.

I can guarantee you that I've made ALOT more money flipping in games with ingame Auction houses, because you can easily scam people off with those.
Let me give you an example of this game called ArcheAge I used to play, and was one of the richest player on my server.

Wool was an item used in crafting, wool costed something like 2 silver per, and people would sell them in stacks of 1000, so theres, 2000 silver, or 200gold.

I would put 1 wool up for 10 copper, people would put up 1000 wool up for 10000 copper, or well...

10 gold.

Profit margin: 190gold per stack.

The reason is because ingame auction houses always gives you the automated price of the LOWEST current price of an item. If you are too lazy to manually look up the said item and just auto-list it.
You are getting scammed, HARD. and that is how inflation happens sooooo much.

The way PoE is setup with poe.trade, that cannot happen, the buyer and/or seller knows what they are getting themselves into when tradding.

The poe.trade index shows lists of hundreds of listings, therefore, market bubbles happen alot less often and require multiple players and lots of actual preparation, in a game like ArcheAge, it was commodity, with poe.trade, it's almost impossible, unless you NEVER scroll down past the first page.
Last edited by PathofMatth on Sep 27, 2017, 12:37:34 PM
"
"

I"M the nerd? You make more money than me sitting in your hideout playing flipping simulator than I do playing the game. First of all, if anyone is a nerd it's you, second of all, where do you even get nerd from? Is that just....all you got?
"
"
"

I"M the nerd? You make more money than me sitting in your hideout playing flipping simulator than I do playing the game. First of all, if anyone is a nerd it's you, second of all, where do you even get nerd from? Is that just....all you got?

That was in no way, shape or form derogatory. It's a figure of speech.

Also, watch the video before you even post a comment like this.

I do make more money than you, that's possible, but I don't sit in my hideout, that's a fact.
No such thing as flipping simulator, such prejudice are ridicule.

I map, and I flip in between maps, in bulk.
Last shameless Bump for this.
[Removed by Support] Pretty burnt out on mapping so ill watch your videos when I get home op and thanks for the knowledge.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Oct 19, 2017, 5:13:38 PM
"
PoE is EZ game.

You've not beaten Shaper nor über Atziri, and only one of the guardians this (or any) league, and not beaten regular Atziri ever? You might have an alternate account, or you and me have VERY different definitions of "EZ game".

Which is totally OK, we set our own goals and do what we think is fun. But as you're not into the real end game stuff, I wonder - what's the point of all this currency?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 17, 2017, 5:44:18 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
PoE is EZ game.

You've not beaten Shaper nor über Atziri, and only one of the guardians this (or any) league, and not beaten regular Atziri ever? You might have an alternate account, or you and me have VERY different definitions of "EZ game".

Which is totally OK, we set our own goals and do what we think is fun. But as you're not into the real end game stuff, I wonder - what's the point of all this currency?

Sociopaths and people with OCD are a reality.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
PoE is EZ game.

I actually ran like 100 regular atziris at the beginning of the league to make a base of moneys, not really sure what you are talking about, and I delete my characters when I stop playing them, I'm not a character stacker, and the chars I did bossing with is now deleted because I vaal'ed his 6link for a +1 gem and it bricked, that was the only item worth anything on it.

PoE Is an easy game, I could make a DP Berserker right now and go 1 shot chayula, that's the point of the currency, to play what you want, when you want, without having to cut corners because you can't afford the BiS stuff, the enchants, the t1 uniques, etc etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info