HOW TO: BE RICH IN PoE. Economy Class: Flipping 101

Hello exiles! It is your fellow unknown person who happens to know things and decided to give out the basics to everyone who would enjoy financial freedom in PoE.
This can be done when you are already rich, to double, tripple, 100x your amount of currency, or just as well be done when you are piss broke and own less than an exalt.
The basics and the tools required are all there.
The only thing that matters is the effort and time you are willing to put into it, the size of the trades, which market you want to be part of and finally, how much micro-management you want to do.
In the end, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it, that being said, even if you are a casual playing one or two hours a day, and sitting in your hideout isn't for you...
You STILL have the opportunity to make a decent amount of currency, by just doing bulk trades with whatever amount of currency you currently own.
Anyways, enough rambling, feedback is appreciated and hopefully after watching these painful 15 minutes of me talking, you come out a brand new person with a degree in stock market and the will to become as rich as your heart may desire.

Enjoy! And well, if you already knew all this and are gonna hate on me for putting it out there to the public in such an easy to understand manner, I say to you... Keep on hatin' boy!

As a vouch for myself, I am a filthy casual with very inefficient gameplay and who refuses any non-bulk trades, and still, I make 1-2-3 exalt per hour flipping, all while I map.

This method has gotten me the item I have always wanted, a.k.a a HeadHunter, aswell as 2 mirrors worth of currency which I have gambled to the gods of random number generators to them sorrily be fisted all the way up to my guts. FEEEELSBADMAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5LXgtWUqqs&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by PathofMatth on Sep 24, 2017, 6:56:59 PM
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2017, 7:43:59 PM
But the whole "Ye Flipping Gods" is that commodity trading for game wealth is not what most play an arpg for, that being to be able to use a bazillion skills to kill a bazillion creatures and eventually reach the level cap on a character.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 24, 2017, 7:30:59 PM
Well ye, for sure. But what is required to hit max lvl? lots of maps, a good build, a fast build, mostly a 6link, good uniques, etc etc... and what does everything always boils down to? currency. the video teaches you how to make... currency... a.k.a, make the goal of the game easier for you, and everyone else. Pushing lvl 100 is not cheap, unless you want to sit in t10-t11-t12 for the entire time, and that sounds like aids.
I've watched the video, I've looked at the market... and have to admit that it just makes my mind... melt...

OFC, after this the market is going to fluctuate... but how do I convert something I have (lots and lots of chromes/fuses) to something like... chaos, or directly to exalts, the most profitably.
I look at the index and I'm lost, just can't wrap my head around it as intrinsically as others do as easy as breathing.

So, let's say I select 'have' chromes, 'want' chaos - shows 10 for 1. Okay, makes sense.
When I go to 'have' chaos, 'want' chromes - suddenly it's 1 for 5.
[just an example]
So, when I did the first search, why did I not see the 5 chromes for 1 chaos in the first place?
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
I've watched the video, I've looked at the market... and have to admit that it just makes my mind... melt...

OFC, after this the market is going to fluctuate... but how do I convert something I have (lots and lots of chromes/fuses) to something like... chaos, or directly to exalts, the most profitably.
I look at the index and I'm lost, just can't wrap my head around it as intrinsically as others do as easy as breathing.

So, let's say I select 'have' chromes, 'want' chaos - shows 10 for 1. Okay, makes sense.
[just an example]
So, when I did the first search, why did I not see the 5 chromes for 1 chaos in the first place?

well sir.. that's basically the point of my video!

Flipping, that is why.

If for instance, in your example, you looked at the index and scrolled down a LOT, you will end up with that said ratio for chromes, because people buy chromes for let's say 50c for 500 chromes, like you said 1c for 10 chromes, but then, we all want that good profit, so we turn around and sell those same 500 chromes, which we paid 50c for, for something like 60c, so then all of a sudden, your 500 chromes, which became 50chaos for you, becomes 60 chaos for me, which means...

10 chaos profit, out of nothing.

That is flipping, and that is why when you check in the first place, you will NEVER have the same rate on both buying and selling, because economies follow laws, such as the law of supply and demand, the higher the supply and lower the demand, the lower the price, the higher the demand with low supply, the higher the price.
That is why a kaom's heart is currently worth 7-10ex this league, while it's been sitting at 1-2 ex forever.
Hopefully you understand more now! Ask away if anything isn't clear
"
BlaqWolf wrote:

[just an example]

same for me.

to me, it looks like he's deceiving/tricking people, or I'm having a brainfart (which is very possible).
I'm no a flipper, don't really care. I can do most maps/atziri with my slowly acquired poor-person gear.

I might be severally misinterpreting this.
https://youtu.be/D5LXgtWUqqs?t=98

- you pay an ex, get 800 alts, you now have 1 less ex and 800 more alts.
- then he shows 950 alts -> 1 ex. a difference from 950-800=150 as mentioned. ez math.
- but then he says you make a 150alt profit... but you had to spend 150 more alts to get that 1 ex back?

you spent 1ex, get 800alt. then to flip, pay 950alt to get 1ex
you're now back at your 1ex but you just lost 150alt 'out of nowhere' as he states.
rawr. fear me.
"
tidbit wrote:
"
BlaqWolf wrote:

[just an example]

same for me.

to me, it looks like he's deceiving/tricking people, or I'm having a brainfart (which is very possible).
I'm no a flipper, don't really care. I can do most maps/atziri with my slowly acquired poor-person gear.

I might be severally misinterpreting this.
https://youtu.be/D5LXgtWUqqs?t=98

- you pay an ex, get 800 alts, you now have 1 less ex and 800 more alts.
- then he shows 950 alts -> 1 ex. a difference from 950-800=150 as mentioned. ez math.
- but then he says you make a 150alt profit... but you had to spend 150 more alts to get that 1 ex back?

you spent 1ex, get 800alt. then to flip, pay 950alt to get 1ex
you're now back at your 1ex but you just lost 150alt 'out of nowhere' as he states.

Okay, clearly you did not understand the video hahaha

If you go to ''have exalted orb'' and then ''want alterations'', it's not YOU selling your exalt for alterations, that is how you PRICE YOUR exalted orb.
Then you go to ''have alterations'' and ''want exalted orb'' and that will be how you price YOUR exalted orb for someone else's alterations.

This being said, you sell YOUR exalt for 950 alt, and then someone will BUY YOUR 800 alt for 1 ex..

And boom, 150alt in your pockets.

The thing about flipping is you NEVER buy from others, they buy from you.

They buy your ex for their alts, they buy your alts for their ex...

It's never YOU buying from others, you go to the ''want to buy'' index only to figure out what people are offering or what people are willing to pay, never to actually buy / sell things.

You are the boss, people come to you.
we don't need more flippers, it will drive prices up, because there's less people out farming to put items/currency into the market. it will also cut profit margins for flippers because there's more people competing for said margins
Chill Jams
"
EdgarFriendly wrote:
we don't need more flippers, it will drive prices up, because there's less people out farming to put items/currency into the market. it will also cut profit margins for flippers because there's more people competing for said margins

And it's exactly because of people like this that I made the video.

People have the right to know, knowledge is power.

Idc how many flippers there are, inflation will always be a thing, and if flipping isn't profitable anymore, there's tons of way to make money in PoE.
I've been playing actively for like a month and could list over 10 methods to become mirror owners within weeks... PoE is EZ game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info