3.1 SSF DW Sunder Bleed Slayer\Gladiator - From Hillock to Shaper on a Tabula

alright, thanks for your tips, so far, I'm enjoying this SSF build!
Update:
Updated gems
Added Shaper section

Will probably do some more updates in weekend when I have more time.
Your offenses & defenses pictures are extremely small, I can't read anything on them.

Do you think the build would perform well in the upcoming Turmoil event? Thinking about it since it doesn't need any uniques!
"
Schwachsinn wrote:
Your offenses & defenses pictures are extremely small, I can't read anything on them.

Do you think the build would perform well in the upcoming Turmoil event? Thinking about it since it doesn't need any uniques!

I started it as my first char on SSF. It's a really strong build whose biggest selling point is that it maps fast as well as being able to do endgame bosses with ease.

If I can do it as my first char on SSF, then I'd say it's a strong league starter.

Defenses and offenses will ofc vary depending on gear. My equipment in the screenshots are from my early 90's. I'd suggest you just get the PoB pastebin and add your own gear.
This is a very enjoyable build that doesn't cost a fortune. I've been away for 3 years and never played melee before, with a couple tabs full of melee stuff I decided to try it. First time I've ever got so far with zero deaths. I'm looking forward to mapping. thanks for posting this build.
"
raincoast wrote:
This is a very enjoyable build that doesn't cost a fortune. I've been away for 3 years and never played melee before, with a couple tabs full of melee stuff I decided to try it. First time I've ever got so far with zero deaths. I'm looking forward to mapping. thanks for posting this build.

That's good to hear. Keep us updated on your progress :D
wow, this looks so good for SSF, thank you for your hard work, I am starting one right now!
Why do you use 2 one handed weapons as Slayer? With the ascendancy you're losing some damage with 2 handed weapons, Im a noob so just trying to figure it out XD
"
CaseR wrote:
Why do you use 2 one handed weapons as Slayer? With the ascendancy you're losing some damage with 2 handed weapons, Im a noob so just trying to figure it out XD

Well, you can read the pros and cons of the Gladiator and Slayer ascendancy under the "Ascendancy" chapter of the guide.

But to sum it up real quick.

The extra damage you get from Gladiator is very minor. What you actually get from Gladiator are kinda "only" 100% of your blockchance as spellblock with some additional blockchance from travel nodes and corpse-explosion.

The frenzy generation is minor and only works while clearing trash. Blood Rage takes up 1 gemslot and gives us attackspeed as well. I find it better to just use BR for that.

The bonuses you get from the Slayer ascendancy includes damage on bleeding enemies (which is always and does not show up on the tooltip), the leech and overleech are a great defensive addition as well. Trash are cleared fast enough as it is, so the only obstacles left are bosses, which are handled by the free culling from Slayer.

As I mentioned in the guide, if you want the bleed explosions from Gladiator, which is great for clearspeed, I'd recommend wearing Haemophilia gloves.

I'm gonna change into Gladiator when I can farm up enough regret orbs again. I've spent alot of time playing as both ascendancies and in general feel that Slayer is the better overall option.

However, I want to see if I can take this char to 100 and for that the bleedexplosions from Gladiator wins out for me. Can't balance my resistances and attributes while wearing Haemophilia and Kaom's Roots, so I swap because Kaom's Roots allows you to run so many more mapmods you usually would reroll (temp chains anyone).

All in all, Slayer has alot of "hidden" damage and defensive bonuses, while Gladiator is not as good as it initially seems, IMO.

Hope this clears things up abit.
Last edited by 7thDayTheory on Nov 15, 2017, 10:10:00 AM
"
Ooma wrote:
wow, this looks so good for SSF, thank you for your hard work, I am starting one right now!

Good luck, keep us updated :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info