3.1 SSF DW Sunder Bleed Slayer\Gladiator - From Hillock to Shaper on a Tabula

"
Extremo_X wrote:
I really liked your build I'm currently at 75 and it's pretty quiet mapping.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the build.

After 94 levels of Sunder I got abit tired and tried out some 2 Handed action for a bit and also tried this build as Gladiator. Have also been very busy at work, so haven't had much time to play.

However, I've saved up regrets for the last week and are now back to this build.

And guess what..

It's now Shaper-viable with a Tabula.. :D

Have done some changes to the build tho and will post an update later. Mainly I just added Blashphemy-Vuln and used PoI for Shaper and Haste for normal.

"
7thDayTheory wrote:
"
Extremo_X wrote:

After 94 levels of Sunder I got abit tired and tried out some 2 Handed action for a bit and also tried this build as Gladiator. Have also been very busy at work, so haven't had much time to play.

However, I've saved up regrets for the last week and are now back to this build.

And guess what..

Have done some changes to the build tho and will post an update later. Mainly I just added Blashphemy-Vuln and used PoI for Shaper and Haste for normal.

hey your build has inspired me to try it out, thanks for that.

can i just ask if you used 2H weapon to kill shaper instead of dual-wield?
"
ooopah wrote:
"
7thDayTheory wrote:
"
Extremo_X wrote:

And guess what..

hey your build has inspired me to try it out, thanks for that.

can i just ask if you used 2H weapon to kill shaper instead of dual-wield?

Hey.

Thats nice to hear.

Short answer is no.

That was my first Shaper kill ever.

I did play 2H Cyclone and ripped two Shaper sets for practice, and I ripped one set as DW on lvl 91 just to get experience. Finally saved up enough regrets to once again go back to DW and killed him. Cyclone has better DPS, but killing him as DW Sunder is easier if you're not experienced with the fight.

As DW we get a hidden bonus to attackspeed and -damage. This allows us to stack up the bleeds really fast, but more importantly, it enables lightning fast Whirling Blades. It was of huge significance for me. With WB and fast attackspeed I was able to react AFTER he does his things, instead of having to know when it happens.

A good example of this is his slam and laser. With a 2H you will barely have time to start the Leap Slam animation before it hits you. With WB you can see the him materialize and be like "Oopsie, better get outta here.. hmm.. what should I have for dinner today? Pizza? Nah, had that yesterday, maybe burgers? Oh that's right, I was in the middle of something" and just whirl to safetey. Same with the laser. Sometimes you get offscreened if youre away placing a ball or something. WW lets you get away and survive those moments when youre caught offguard.

Basicly Whirling Blades trivializes most of the fight for you.

The only other challenging aspect left is the frozen balls that spawns. As a true melee with Cyclone, I had issues placing the orbs during the addphase and would occasionaly hit them on accident while I was locked into Cyclone.

Placing and activating these orbs are made alot easier having a ranged Sunder. Aided by Whirling Blades you can just zip back and forth during addphase triggering or placing orbs while keeping Sana alive.

Having spent alot of time now played as both DW and 2H Sunder, Cyclone and Lacerate, I will have to say that there are no upsides at all for playing 2H.

It's doesn't really have more dps and it's really slow. You will have bigger bleeds, but that's it.
Last edited by 7thDayTheory on Oct 23, 2017, 3:34:23 PM
"
Ruthlessness

The gem is called Ruthless.
Do u think this build is good enough for hardcore?
Im looking for 1 build for the race and this 1 looks nice!
And would be nice if u can post the PoB link :D
Last edited by Imbadeath on Oct 30, 2017, 10:13:58 AM
"
Imbadeath wrote:
Do u think this build is good enough for hardcore?
Im looking for 1 build for the race and this 1 looks nice!
And would be nice if u can post the PoB link :D

Don't see any reason why not. Just take some lifenodes before you invest into the DoT nodes. We grab about 195% life on the tree without jewels. I wouldn't recommend a Tabula either for obvious reasons.

I've made some minor changes and to the build and some more Shaper runs. Will post a small update in the upcoming days. Just very busy at work atm.
Hello, this is maybe the best guide that I have read, admirations for downing Shaper on SSF.
I have a question - since I have a godly helmet with Lacerate enchant, do you think this build would work with Lacerate instead of Sunder?
"
sotir1232 wrote:
Hello, this is maybe the best guide that I have read, admirations for downing Shaper on SSF.
I have a question - since I have a godly helmet with Lacerate enchant, do you think this build would work with Lacerate instead of Sunder?

Thanks alot.

I suppose you could do this build with Lacerate. I would however recommend either using Haemophelia gloves or going Gladiator if doing so. Sunder have those nice explosions helping out with AoE clear. With Lacerate you only have the initial hit and the following bleed damage.

Also, if I remember correctly Lacerate alternates MH and OH so you would have to use a real weapon in the offhand and not just a statstick. Other than that, you should be fine.
Whirling Blade will not allow me to use Axes, is there alternative to that skill? I would like to keep the Axes
Well, WB does require you to use 1 dagger, sword or claw to work. As far as I know, there's no offhand axe that's beneficial to this build apart from giving false tooltip dps (since Sunder only attacks with MH regardless of offhand).

I'd probably just use Leap Slam in that case, which has it's pro's and con's. Or you can just use a Queen of the Forest, stack evasion gear and rely on sick movement speed. Prob hard to color tho, but you can always use the Vorici jewellers trick to get the right colors.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info