Why don't they

Please don't be that guy who pulls % out of nowhere.

The lab is just fine, and you don't *have to* do the uber lab for any build to work.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
The "fun" for a lot of players, is the "carrot" at the end. The journey itself can be as boring as possible - it doesn't matter.

Do you really think running Shaped Shores or Beachheads in a row is more interesting than the lab? ;)

Of course I do. You get to play your character to the fullest, using all your skills, defenses and all the choices you've made throughout the tree and gear. In the lab you run. And avoid. Or just run, if you build for it.

But then again, I aim for a full Atlas, and don't chain the same map over and over again.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
tbh, in 3.0, lab is wayyyyyyyyy better than it used to be. with the mysterious darkshrines only giving positive buffs, they're worth it to pick up now. and it's fairly common to get the half dmg traps one. also great to get the one with no traps in ascendant trial. getting the half dmg traps one makes traps pretty easy to handle, imo.

it's a great endgame farming area, too, imo. i make most of my currency from uber lab runs.

another great change GGG made in 3.0 is that there's treasure keys in the side areas now. there's always 3 treasure keys in side areas now (including argus), then the guaranteed one from izaro for a total of 4. in other words, u don't actually have to fight super buffed izaro to get full key runs for uber lab to be profitable now. should also be more viable for more builds, too, because of that.

it's kinda nice to do uber lab runs as a change of pace from endless map grinding, too.

anyway, just my 2 cents.
"
Fapmobile wrote:
Please don't be that guy who pulls % out of nowhere.

The lab is just fine, and you don't *have to* do the uber lab for any build to work.

you also dont need both of your arms to swim

but it does help you know
The problem I have with the Uber-lab can be summarized by:

The characters that can complete it get a bonus they don't need, and the characters that can't have no way to get a bonus they could use.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
The "fun" for a lot of players, is the "carrot" at the end. The journey itself can be as boring as possible - it doesn't matter.

Do you really think running Shaped Shores or Beachheads in a row is more interesting than the lab? ;)

Of course I do. You get to play your character to the fullest, using all your skills, defenses and all the choices you've made throughout the tree and gear. In the lab you run. And avoid. Or just run, if you build for it.

But then again, I aim for a full Atlas, and don't chain the same map over and over again.

Wait, my full skillset? Yeah, it is awesome:

- Press 5 for getting faster
- Use left mouse key to move
- Press 2-4 to bosst your DPS
- Use right mouse key to shatter the entire screen
- Repeat

I could train a monkey to do that. Yet I am no monkey, and while the Lab is admittedly not the most brain-challenging thing there is in the world, it is still significantly better than most maps.

Only drawback: I just crashed before collecting all loot + enchanting my helm.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 23, 2017, 5:32:39 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Anything in the game is more interesting than the lab. For example, far more interesting is adding up improved quality items to 40% is far more interesting and fun. The labyrinth is horrible loathsome content, complete crap.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
The basic idea of the Lab is good. What I hate is that many, many times when there are many spinning spike traps it lags out badly which in turn makes timing the moves/jumps super frustrating. I have a 3.5 GHz Intel i7 cpu (4 core, 8 thread), 8 GB DDR3-1600 ram, Windows 7 and PoE is running on a Samsung 500 GB 840 EVO SSD, a fast 70/12 Internet that averages 50ms latency to WDC realm, and even with my modest AMD R9 270 gpu (Gigabyte Windforce with 2 GB ram) PoE shouldn't lag out at all but frequently the spinning traps of the lab cause major lab. It's the damn lab lag that is frustrating and kills any fun. Izaro is just a matter of kiting timing after every attack to whittle him down over time and kill his spawns to refill flasks and isn't the problem (although I hate the 3rd Izaro battle with additional traps that are just a nuisance and another cause of more lag). I shouldn't need a $400.00 plus video card or that it must be an nVidia gpu to get smooth playing with no frame rate crashes (please don't troll me with "my nVidia 1000 series gpu works perfectly"... blah, blah, blah crap).

If GGG can't deliver better overall QoP then they should at least be up front and admit it. I'd respect that much more than GGG just staying mute on the whole Geforce verses Crimson drivers and performance problems. GGG pushes out FoO and it foobars my Crimson driver when I try to use DX11 (this is the only game that causes the Crimson driver to BSOD and have to do a brute force restart... like it's a video driver service reboot) so I don't even know if DX11 would be less laggy with lab traps than DX9. My only stable way to play PoE is DX9ex (that plays forever without crashing). The GGG core game graphics engine coders have a long way to go to get the lab trap performance up to a level that doesn't lag me the hell out of "fun to play".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 23, 2017, 6:42:16 PM
Previous seasons, all labs were uber unrewarding shits.
But, GGG did a good job with lab in 3.0. Now it's fun and rewarding.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Wait, my full skillset? Yeah, it is awesome:

- Press 5 for getting faster
- Use left mouse key to move
- Press 2-4 to bosst your DPS
- Use right mouse key to shatter the entire screen
- Repeat

I could train a monkey to do that. Yet I am no monkey, and while the Lab is admittedly not the most brain-challenging thing there is in the world, it is still significantly better than most maps.

Only drawback: I just crashed before collecting all loot + enchanting my helm.

Wait, you're playing a Hack'n Slash ARPG and are making fun of regular Hack'n Slash ARPG elements? Farming, grinding and pushing our builds/characters is the main reasons why many of us are playing.

But I've debated this enough in the past. A lot of people like it, a lot of people don't. All subjective. The sad thing is that people who DO like it, have a tendency to think it's a "skill thing", and often become condescending. Challenging content can be fun. Lab is neither, in my eyes.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info