[3.0] Windripper Currency Generator (now with FAQ section)

Been running this build for about a week now, it's definitely working as intended (abandoned wealth drop on first vault map). Thoughts on using an Alpha's Howl in place of Devoto's to crank grace up to a potential level 23 or 24? (21/20 gem for 23, +1 to level of socketed gems corruption for 24)
"
Banekiller01 wrote:
Been running this build for about a week now, it's definitely working as intended (abandoned wealth drop on first vault map). Thoughts on using an Alpha's Howl in place of Devoto's to crank grace up to a potential level 23 or 24? (21/20 gem for 23, +1 to level of socketed gems corruption for 24)

You can't corrupt helms to +1 gems. Devoto's has 20% ms and attack speed. Interesting idea on Alpha's, but probably an inferior choice for this build.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/75utz4/guide_for_anyone_interested_in_the_spider_forest/

ItsMartini, this user submitted a video of how he got 22 doctors in approx 1500 spider forests using a MF Windripper.

In his setup, he stacks 2 15% pariah's, 20% goldwyrm, and opts out of HH for bisco's leash (going for as much IIQ as possible.) The difference in IIQ is about 35%, while his clearspeed is definitely slower.

I posted the link because this guy's stream/build is solid proof of IIQ stacking being effective. While I do not agree with his build's dps or gem setup...

What are your thoughts for pure IIQ stacking vs our middleground with Darkray Vectors/HH setup?
"
xethos25 wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/75utz4/guide_for_anyone_interested_in_the_spider_forest/

ItsMartini, this user submitted a video of how he got 22 doctors in approx 1500 spider forests using a MF Windripper.

In his setup, he stacks 2 15% pariah's, 20% goldwyrm, and opts out of HH for bisco's leash (going for as much IIQ as possible.) The difference in IIQ is about 35%, while his clearspeed is definitely slower.

I posted the link because this guy's stream/build is solid proof of IIQ stacking being effective. While I do not agree with his build's dps or gem setup...

What are your thoughts for pure IIQ stacking vs our middleground with Darkray Vectors/HH setup?

I've watched most of that video before. His route is reasonable, but I'm not a fan personally.

First off, I have found 7 doctors in about 500 spider forests with one white sextant and breach. If we expand that ratio to 1200 maps, we get about 17 doctors. This makes sense, since his build has more quant and he's using 2 additional yellow sextants over me.

Now let's look at the cost of sextants. 2 yellows at about 3.5c each with an average 1 reroll per 3 maps gives us about 10c per 3 maps, or 4000c per 1200 maps. So in 1200 maps he has already SPENT 4000c more than me, the equivalent of roughly 5 doctors (the difference between his findings and my extrapolated findings).

Now let's look at speed. My build is way faster, so I net approximately the same amount as his character in less time.

It's good to compare similar builds and really weigh the pros and/or cons of each. I was intrigued when I saw his video. My first thought was, "how is he running 2 pariahs?" Then I saw his jewels, which all have like 50 res. To me, this sacrifices too much damage and clear speed, but each player has there own preferences.
How I should optimize my current build? Profile open.
"
itsMartini wrote:

It's good to compare similar builds and really weigh the pros and/or cons of each. I was intrigued when I saw his video. My first thought was, "how is he running 2 pariahs?" Then I saw his jewels, which all have like 50 res. To me, this sacrifices too much damage and clear speed, but each player has there own preferences.

Thank you for the kind reply!

I love comparing different builds as well. Now for a more theoretical question...

Let's say Biscos is nerfed coming December. How should we prepare if some of us want to use this glorious setup again for 3.1?

I played around on PoB for a while and came up with 3 scenarios:

1) Bisco doesn't get nerfed at all (or too hard), turns into a T1 Unique, and we continue to use it.
This is the best case scenario.

2) With Harbinger-specific uniques like Spinner being harder to access,
we could try using a 'The Ascetic' + Magic Quiver combination. This is only to act as a makeshift solution but it would sacrifice a lot of quiver potential. I imagine if Spinner became inaccessible, we would move on to a rare crit quiver, rigwalds, etc.

3) Ignore IIQ on the amulet slot and slap in something like +1 Frenzy Charge Karui Ward or Rare evasion/life/crit ammy. Huge dps increase on PoB. The theme is to make up for lost IIQ with more juicy speed.

I imagine you would move on to a different build next league so I don't expect you to even think about this.
Last edited by xethos25 on Oct 12, 2017, 3:38:42 PM
"
xethos25 wrote:

Let's say Biscos is nerfed coming December. How should we prepare if some of us want to use this glorious setup again for 3.1?

I imagine you would move on to a different build next league so I don't expect you to even think about this.

I have thought about it, but it's hard to say what the best setup would be not knowing how things will change. I'm sure something will work well, it may just take some testing to find it.
Hi there, thank you for the build. I changed it a bit, but i wanna ask you how can i improve my clearspeed?
My gear:
Spoiler
is that worth to get spinner? also i wanna try atziri's gloves to save some skillpoints, but i gonna lose a lot of quant, what do you think about it?

Ty very much and sorry for my english skills.
I really would like to try this windripper farmer, but I simply hate Tshot, can't use it. I thought going for LA + barrage/blast rain.

Is the difference in clear speed notable if using goldwyrm?
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1
"
kendoka wrote:
I really would like to try this windripper farmer, but I simply hate Tshot, can't use it. I thought going for LA + barrage/blast rain.

Is the difference in clear speed notable if using goldwyrm?

Perfectly viable! It would play out like King of the Forest from the days of old;
However:

1) You won't be able to pierce everything. This may be an issue for dense packs.
2) You won't have 360 coverage.
3) Loss of clearspeed is very notable when u drop darkrays for goldwyrm. Mostly the movement speed.
4) You will eliminate bosses far faster and will handle higher tier maps better thanks to Barrage. This build takes less than 10 seconds already so it's all about your standards here. You probably want point-blank, threshold jewels, helm enchant, and other goodies for this though. You need full dedication to make it work.

I see some builds use Ice Shot and chain. Some people drop raider and use deadeye instead for Far-Shot and free Chain.

Overall, I prefer ItsMartini's version though.
Last edited by xethos25 on Oct 14, 2017, 12:19:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info