Increased Damage

Ok thanks,

and just finally going back to damage
So you have your increase of damage locally, then do you multiply by the damage of the base skill, then you multiply globally?

e.g. 50 weapon damage, 100% increased damage in the weapon, ring gives 5 damage, Heavy strike deals 150% of base damage, and increase global damage of 100%

calculation
(50*200% + 5) * 150% *200% = 315

or maybe
(50*200% * 150% + 5) *200% = 310
Last edited by ruivocanadense on Sep 21, 2017, 6:11:18 AM
Both wrong^^

Its basedamage + flat incraese (like +5-10 from ring) * (1+ increases) * (1+ more damage).

So it would be:

((50+5 [base + flat]) * 1,5 [scaling Heavy Strike]) * (1+ 2 [ 200% increases]) = 247,5.
Last edited by Arandur on Sep 21, 2017, 6:16:57 AM
Ok thanks,

and just finally going back to damage
So you have your increase of damage locally, then do you multiply by the damage of the base skill, then you multiply globally?

e.g. 50 damange, 100% increased damage in the weapon, ring gives 5 damage, Heavy strike deals 150% of base damage, and increase global damage of 100%

calculation
(50*200% + 5) * 150% *200% = 315

What the heck, I thought the damage increase in the weapon was local and applied first, it even shows up blue in the weapon. I'm so confused now lol

Obs: just in case there was a confusion in how I wrote it, when I say increase damage in the weapon I mean a mod in the weapon. Not a passive skill increased damage WITH weapon
Last edited by ruivocanadense on Sep 21, 2017, 6:04:07 PM
stuff like % physical damage on a weapon is local, as can be seen by the number at the top going blue. Anyone whos a bit smarter than me and can see a flaw in the maths im about to post come in and correct me btw. But to the best of my knowledge....

so the way it goes with physical, the wand starts with:

24-44 physical

it then gets the adds 12 to 23 physical damage from the mod on the wand:

36-67 physical

it then gets multiplied by 145%, thats 125% from the mod and 20% from quality 20%, which add together, so those multiply the 36-67 by 145%:

88-164 physical

so this is what you see at the top, 88-164, thats the base damage of the wand. So now if you have an amulet with adds 10-20 physical damage like this:

It gets added to the 88-164, so its now:

98-184

Next, if you have a skill that deals 150% base damage, that multiplies the base by that value:

147-276

so with that skill, that is now the base damage. This then gets multiplied by your total increased damage added together, say you have 300% total increased damage from passives, items and gems:

588-1104

then you get your 'more' damage multipliers on top, perhaps youre using physical projectile attack damage and brutality:

these one have 48% more physical and 57% more physical damage, they are more multipliers, not increased, so they do not add together, so first its multiplied by 48%:

870-1633

and then again by 57%:

1365-2563

Now not all stats on weapons are local. 'Elemental damage with attacks' for example is always a global stat, its not applying to just the elemental damage on that weapon, its with all attacks made while the weapon is equipped, the attack doesnt even have to be made with that weapon, could be on your offhand and you are attacking with your main hand only. Even though a weapon like a wand or a sword can roll local elemental damage, it doesnt naturally have elemental damage, so even a mod that is not worded like "..with attacks", a mod that simply states "40% increased lightning damage", that will still be global even if the weapon has rolled 8-150 local lightning damage and you can see the lightning at the top of the item. Because the white version of the item has no lightning, only physical, it does not count in the theory that "if an item mod can be local it will be local". A weapon naturally has physical, crit chance and attacks per second, so phys, crit and attk speed will be local if rolled. If you get 10% physical damage on your shield tho, shield has no local phys, its obviously global, same on a belt, on a weapon the white base item naturally has phys damage, therefor it can be local so it will be local.

Crit multiplier is not on the white item and is specifically worded as global, crit chance for spells is not called global, but it is, because spells are not cast with a weapon, you can cast a spell with no weapon, so typically all spell mods are inherently global. "crit chance for spells while wielding a staff" is a very specific mod, its global but requires a staff to be applied, it is however worded different to "critical strike chance with staves" which is a mod that specifically applies to attacks made with a staff, the "..with X weapon" always works like that. The spell crit "..while.." is a different mod to these, and one of the only instances where a spell stat is not completely global and requires a specific weapon to be equipped. Essentially it is still global, you dont cast spells with your weapon, but its a global mod that requires a specific item to be equipped for it to be activated.

yeah that answers all my questions for now, thanks a bunch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info