[3.1 Raider]The Perfect Form Dreamfeather Elemental Spectral Throw - 120k evasion Shaper/Uatziri

Hey everyone, i'm Norbi and this is my first build guide. This was my first selfmade build, league starter and i also hit level 100 with it. I will try to make it simple and easy to understand for everyone but there won't be any fancy editing. Anyway let's get into it

Please do NOT ask me ingame, when i go online i usually want to play not to chat with strangers, everything you need to know is written below but if you have any questions ask them here and i'll try to answer when i have the time.

Updates for 3.1

new 3.1 T16 minotaur ( ele Equilibrium bossdmg/attackspeed) and T16 ulaman video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFY-R1ZhuJs&feature=youtu.be

full key uberlab run: ( sorry forgot to record argus - he died in like 4 seconds )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Kx7FjGIxc

i will upload more videos when i have the time for it

Spoiler
Nothing really changed except the vaal pact nerf, the build cannot facetank high endgame bosses like the minotaur so you have to dodge a bit but it is still really tanky and should not have problems facetanking up to tier 15 bosses

cannot do ele reflect maps anymore - at least not with full links - i had to remove ice bite and ele dmg with attacks gems, after that everything was fine just the DPS is not enough for T16 bosses ( something like 55k gmp / 100k slower proj)

if you want you can also go for the new meta molten strike / reave or blade flurry i will provide skilltrees for these gems in the future

if you are interested, my current character's name is __Zireael__ in Abyss softcore

i've managed to get 150k gmp / 250k slower proj dps on spectral throw at lvl91
( invested something like 30 Exalt total)

with the new abyssal jewels you can get even more damage than before so if you have at least 5k life and max resistances you should fill the rest of the skilltree with these jewels
also i recomment using an abyssal belt too

------------------------------------------------

Pros:

uber atziri and shaper viable
great for full key uberlab runs ( swap perfect form for Queen of the forest for better movespeed )
tanky
can do every map mod except elemental reflect
can do every boss in the game, facetanking up to tier 15 and even some guardians with easy mods
somewhat fast map clear
not a meta build

Cons:

NOT a budget friendly build ( i've invested something like 35-40 ex so far ( abyss league )
meta builds are somewhat cheaper and faster ( like wanders)
after 3.0 this build fell behind a lot compared to current meta characters and because of the vaal pact nerf, no more facetanking everything like shaper's beam or minotaur with real hard mods, you must learn to dodge stuff now

Build Concept:

This build requires the following 3 items to work:

The idea is to stack as much cold resistance as possible. Every point in cold resistance above the resistance cap gives 1% increased evasion while the Dreamfeather swords increase the damage output based on high evasion.

Old 3.0 Videos:

keep in mind in these videos vaal pact was not yet nerfed, you can't facetank anymore like this

my very first uber atziri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWIEIfDnmDw&t=

shaper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UefucQl2tk8&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywFSEQ1xfPg

T16 hydra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIe1QzahEXc

T16 minotaur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zll8MmGh6TQ

-12 maxres elemental reflect T13 gorge (without Soul of Yugul): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXvN7-_Y17c&feature=youtu.be

skill tree:

Ascandancy:

Avatar of th Slaughter and after that it's up to you

Avatar of the Chase gives more DPS and you become faster

Avatar of the Veil is better for survivability because of the dodge / spelldodge and ailment immunity

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.3/AAAABAIBAABeAdEFLQW1CC4M8hEvEYES8RR1Fr8XJhmOGo0j0yP2JpUrCi1NLlMvcjB8MgE2PTfUPs9B0EMxRA1Enkd-Sn1M_02STipRR1O7VEdVS1b6WhpbJluvXfJeRWHiYetirGOnZU1noGuQbAhsjG8ndO11y3fXePl6U3qEeu9-3X8rf_uBrId2jDaNfY1-jbmNv49gkAqS85pqmyabjZzEnaqexKEiokCkwqXLpr6pea_rshm0xbVItyK74702vea-p7_VwuzDM8SiyMzI8M2Yz3rQrdNv037UI9rB2-fdRt9v45_kauXm6NbqYusU62PtP-2D7g7veu-P8Yr0-Prr_W7-ug==

bandits: kill all

Pantheon powers:

whatever you prefer, the build works perfectly without any
i'm using the ones with damage reduction

Gear:

showing you my current gear as an example plus explanations

weapons

Spoiler

no other choices here, try to get good rolls because the DPS difference is big between good and bad rolls

Body armour

Spoiler

mandatory and key item for the build
if you want you can try Queen of the forest for insane movement speed but then
you lose free arctic armour / phase acrobatics and something like 40-50k evasion

Helmet

Spoiler

try to get: high evasion roll
life
cold resistance
any other resists

enchants are not required but if you want one go for
20% Reduced Spectral Throw Projectile Deceleration
it should give a nice boost against bosses with slower proj ( more hits per projectile)

Gloves

Spoiler

the 50% phys to cold conversion is a huge DPS increase
+1 level to gems corruption is not required but further boosting grace and herald of ice is another nice DPS increase

alternate option would be a good pair of rare gloves with life, attack speed, cold damage and high resistances / high evasion if you can get

+1 hrimnsorrow for DPS
rare gloves for better survivability

boots

Spoiler

high evasion, life and dodge chance are great
try to get +1 frenzy charges corruption for DPS increase

another option would be Darkray vektors with the same +1 frenzy corruption

if you lack the resistances then get yellow boots, try to get high life, resistances and good evasion if you can, movement speed is not required, we are using whirling blades to move around

belt

Spoiler

try to get something like mine: high life, cold resistance, elemental dmg with attack skills are the main stats to look for

jewelery

Spoiler

flat cold / physical damage to attacks give more DPS than % elemental damage to attacks because of the Dreamfeather scaling

perfect jewelery would be something like this:
flat cold dmg to attacks
high life
flat physical damage to attacks / % elemental damage to attacks
high elemental resistances, especially cold
any other stats you want like+ int for gem requirements

if you are rich try to get steel / opal rings

jewels

Spoiler
aim for:
life %
all resists
double resists (preferably 12%cold and 12% fire or lightning)
any offensive mod that fits the build ( attack speed, evasion etc. )

you can never have enough life but if you feel like you need more damage then fill the jewel slots with abyssal jewels with flat physical and flat cold damage to attacks plus whatever you want

flasks

Spoiler

a life flask is needed for rare situations to stay alive
( life leech keeps you alive 90% of the time )

atziri's promise and taste of hate are both HUGE DPS increase ( also good survivability thx to leech and chaos / cold resistances )
just like jade / stibnite flasks wich also increase survivability and DPS a lot

you want 1 flask to remove bleeding and another one with remove freezing

% increased effect is a great increase for jade/stibnite but also a decrease to flask uptime
if you prefer you can go for increased duration / less charges used
its hard to keep up flasks for entire boss fights above t15 with reduced duration

Skill gems

Body armour:

Spoiler
Spectral throw
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Added Cold Damage
Ice Bite
Elemental Damage With Attacks

6th link is
Elemental focus

swap Greater Multiple Projectiles to Slower Projectiles for boss fights

gloves

Spoiler
Grace - Herald of Ice - Enlighten - Arctic Armour

weapons

Spoiler
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Frost Bomb - Curse on Hit - Frostbite

this setup gives something like -50 cold resists, great dps boost

boots

Spoiler
your standard Cwdt - immortal call - increased duration - goes here, i just prefer Cwdt with frostbite for even more DPS / also i have slower projectile here to swap when needed

helmet

Spoiler
Ancestral Protector - Added Cold - Elemental Damage with attacks - Culling strike

My stats 3.0 :

defence tab

Spoiler

map clearing DPS with max frenzy charges and flask

Spoiler

boss killing setup with max frenzy charges and flasks

Spoiler

with aurabot in party, just for fun ( slower proj)

Spoiler

i believe with close to perfect gear it is possible to hit something like
160k+ GMP
270k+ slower proj
tooltip DPS with all flasks and charges up

ancestral protector also boosts the spectral throw DPS by something like 30k

that's it, i hope you enjoyed reading

please tell me if there's anything i should add to the guide, thank you and GL&HF!

Last edited by Norbi1one4all on Feb 7, 2018, 2:48:03 PM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2018, 2:45:53 PM
As I have posted on one of your videos, you should be using ancestral protector for more attack speed instead of warchief.

BTW I have made 90% identical build.. just with slight crit scaling and posted build in about the same time :D

Can confirm playing this kind of build is super fun!
Im playing a slightly different build but I really like this build might give it a try.
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
As I have posted on one of your videos, you should be using ancestral protector for more attack speed instead of warchief.

BTW I have made 90% identical build.. just with slight crit scaling and posted build in about the same time :D

Can confirm playing this kind of build is super fun!

i've already edited the topic for the totem, thanks

i believe a crit version is viable too with something like 40% or so but requires heavy investment to get all the stats needed plus crit chance/multi too
Last edited by Norbi1one4all on Sep 15, 2017, 4:03:29 AM
Going to try this build. I like herald of ice curse on hit setup but would that be possible with this build? Looks like in the videos you aren't proccing the explosion from the herald of ice?
"
Runal wrote:
Going to try this build. I like herald of ice curse on hit setup but would that be possible with this build? Looks like in the videos you aren't proccing the explosion from the herald of ice?

cannot freeze with elemental focus so no, you can't use it unless you remove that gem
but then you lose a ton of dps
this is also non crit so the chance to freeze would be something like 15-20% per hit
Hello, this seems awesome so I'm trying it out myself! Although I'm not rich in currency I'll do my best. I have a question about ascendancies, I assume you went Raider but I'd like to know the specifics of what you chose first, second etc?
Last edited by NICKLIT on Sep 20, 2017, 5:06:02 AM
"
NICKLIT wrote:
Hello, this seems awesome so I'm trying it out myself! Although I'm not rich in currency I'll do my best. I have a question about ascendancies, I assume you went Raider but I'd like to know the specifics of what you chose first, second etc?

i went for avatar of the slaughter 1st for the frenzy bonuses then avatar of the chase for better clearspeed, as long as you have a 5-6L perfect form and 2 dreamfeathers you're good to go, good luck :)
Been having a blast with it so far, thanks for sharing!

Some recommendations, Get the spectral throw decel enchant, its much better for bosses. It'll allow it to hit 5 times instead of 3. Also, attack speed is weighed higher than proj. damage/speed, so those aren't needed.
Last edited by TheVilifi on Sep 20, 2017, 10:19:01 PM
"
TheVilifi wrote:
Been having a blast with it so far, thanks for sharing!

Some recommendations, Get the spectral throw decel enchant, its much better for bosses. It'll allow it to hit 5 times instead of 3. Also, attack speed is weighed higher than proj. damage/speed, so those aren't needed.

i know i just bought my helm with the +40% dmg enchant on it and i dont want to do hundreds of labs for a better enchant but if you want to minmax then of course it's a lot better. thanks for recommending tho

proj speed is for better map clearing
Last edited by Norbi1one4all on Sep 21, 2017, 8:50:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info