[3.0] Dual Strike Crit Slayer using Thrusting Swords

Another Update: Chimera and Minotaur are down aswell, I didn't record the minotaur video but I died many times just because I thought I can facetank the slam that creates the falling rocks zone. The lightning walls are also very dangerous. The chimera fight was alright, the spawns are the most dangerous threat in my opinion.

Personally I think that I can do all guardians without death if I learn how to fight them, videos of minotaur and phoenix will follow soon.
Update: Phoenix is down on video.

I have realized that a high weapon range loses importance when fighting bosses, especially when they are immune against lion's roar's knockback (usually I can outvalue the melee range of bosses and avoid their attacks with knockback + high weapon range + high attack and movement speed).

Because maps like 60% less recovery ones are pretty hard without atziri's acuity I want to make some changes to be able to do these. Therefore I will change to claws, lose some damage but will get more survivability. I will stay with the slayer class so there won't be many expensive changes. As soon as I have some results I will let you know.
Claws are interesting ive seen some builds u are going to be pretty tanky but as i saw ur dmg is just about right in bossfights.Wouldnt that reduce ur dmg by a lot on bosses?
"
tonyman2009 wrote:
Claws are interesting ive seen some builds u are going to be pretty tanky but as i saw ur dmg is just about right in bossfights.Wouldnt that reduce ur dmg by a lot on bosses?

Probably not, actually I am thinking about wasp nest or strong rare claws and both should be very strong against bosses. The main issue is the passive tree which will take some time but selling my 350pdps swords will also take some time.
So I decided to do something with 2x wasp nest because a simple change from high dps swords to high dps claws won't change a lot. If you want to see me running a certain map with thrusting swords please ask, as long as I haven't sold them I can do that for you.
not so familiar with this weapon but i heard its viable for some builds.Could someone say waspnest is binos knife counterpart?
"
tonyman2009 wrote:
not so familiar with this weapon but i heard its viable for some builds.Could someone say waspnest is binos knife counterpart?

It is hard to compare those, bino's was an excellent weapon when my old guide was current. For a pure crit build (which I would play as a glasscannon assassin) it is still pretty good. Otherwise it is just worse than good crit swords.

My current thoughts about wasp nest are that its damage is pretty insane as soon as you hit the +5 poison stacks. To achieve a very high amount of attack speed is an obious goal for this.
I am thinking about two building options, number one is a damage over time based build which uses perfect agony and gems like deadly ailments. I don't believe that this will work out well because it takes some seconds until the monsters start taking damage. Especially with dual strike this will probably not work because you need good leech (good leech requires good damage from your hits, perfect agony and deadly ailments counter that) or another good defense. Another argument against this is that is takes too many passive tree nodes to reach the desired amounts of damage.
The other and more promising option isn't focusing on the damage over time story but on the pure damage gains by investing only as much into poison as needed. Therefore I am thinking about the 6link setup "Dual strike - Melee physical damage - multistrike - faster attacks - added chaos damage - vile toxins" Faster attacks might be worse than void manipulation so it might change later but I think this can work out well.

Because I can only think of raider or gladiator as alternatives to slayer when it comes to the playstile I want to achieve with these claws I am evaluating the pros and cons of those classes right now. I probably will complete the path of building tomorrow and start the new character. Updates will come soon.
Unfortunately the damage gains from wasp nest were much lower than expected. If not focusing on the poison damage (perfect agony etc.) thrusting swords are just way better.
With focus on the damage over time I have tested some maps now. I don't think that I can get enough damage and survivability with this playstyle. Thrusting swords are still the recommended way to go.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Sep 28, 2017, 11:38:56 AM
Question: Looking at your tree, I don't see a jewel spot that gives the 40 dex necessary to get the full effect from the Might and Influence jewel. What am I missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info