[3.1] Explosive Arrow Slayer (Shaper-Capable)

"
GodofRabbits wrote:
"
akhen0924 wrote:
Have you considered using
as a cheap alternative to a +1 Ngamahu?

Sure, this is a fine alternative! Unfortunately, the +1 Ngamahu's price went through the roof. It's now looking to be around 1300+ chaos - I paid 250c for mine early in the league. You lose some movement speed which locks you into Devoto's more firmly, but you could also very easily justify a Xoph's Heart at that point. Your effective damage may end up higher than mine, even, at the cost of some movement speed and life. You NEED to reroll over that lab enchant - adding fire damage to your primary arrow hit is going to kill your ability to proc EE on your explosion. It's like a halving of your damage!

Thanks, I am will definitely change the enchant.

Unfortunately, Xoph's Heart is in the same price range as Ngamahu. I had one drop for me just recently and I actually used the proceeds to fund this build.

I think I may get a Xophs as a last item in the future, but I found that I can get a corrupted Ngamahu with fire damage leeched as life, attack speed or elemental damage for cheap and it fits into the more budget version for now.
Remove blood magic and use haste with zerphs flask?
[3.3] Windripper Deadeye
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995053

[3.3] VoidForge Crit Champion
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2117883
"
Remove blood magic and use haste with zerphs flask?

I don't think it would work, but I could be wrong. You're a mana-hungry beast with basically zero tree mana investment - EA costs over 500 mana for a 5-stack, which can be delivered in under a second. Even if you could get it to work for mapping, is it going to work for sustained encounters like boss fights? I'm open to the idea, but I really think the huge mana burn that EA is capable of is going to kill it.
Why not scion elementalist/raider or scion elementalist/slayer?
"
Girltoy69 wrote:
Why not scion elementalist/raider or scion elementalist/slayer?

Slayer is more defensively oriented than Scion for my tastes, though there are surely good Scion builds. The double leech rate and 20% cull are both very strong, and being bleed immune for an entire league is pretty nice. I've seen Scion trees before and they are pretty impressive, though - I'm set on class choice myself but am open to the ideas of others for their builds. You get a lot more reflect mitigation as Elementalist, which is great for staying alive, but really only influences Pantheon choices and maybe flasks RE build differences.
Last edited by GodofRabbits on Sep 25, 2017, 12:07:48 PM
Do you think this is better than a Tornado Shot Slayer?

I want to play a "Ranged" Slayer.

Looking at this or Tornado Shot.

Or going to stick with Sunder or Lacerate.

Would love your thoughts.
livejamie
Also your two quivers are the same. :)
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Do you think this is better than a Tornado Shot Slayer?

Tornado shot is probably stronger with conventional gear - if EA were the stronger, it would take more of the meta. It took me an awful lot of attempts to get my first Shaper kill - only top-end EA damage is going to get you through that fight. EA is a wonderful skill for farming red maps - it has great clearspeed, is ranged, can run Bisco's easily, and bosses are very killable.

I really hesitate to say 'pick up this build and kill Shaper' - if that is your expectation, be prepared to learn the fight well and to spend all your money on this build in order to accomplish it. I am adding some information on more budget-friendly gear in the build guide, but that's far from a complete endeavor.
Last edited by GodofRabbits on Sep 27, 2017, 2:18:10 PM
Is dying sun worth buying ?
Do the "14% increased damage with two handed weapons" nodes increase EA's explosion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info